Which chat app does your faction use? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which chat app does your faction use?

Post Count
    GroupMe also has a forum that you can login to on any PC, its good for multi tasking
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    We have started using a conference call line. After dialing in we beep out messages in Morse code. We hired my buddy's grandma to monitor this line throughout the day and transcribe the morse into shorthand. Then the message is communicated via twitter to a call center in Guam which also dabbles in shorthand transcription. Once the message has been recombined, the assistant manager of the call center will then post the message to our faction Palringo group. For an extra $.20 per line they will also post the message into the in-game forum.

It seems to be working great so far. We've only been using it for a month or so. Unfortunately, our efficiency has slightly dropped and we are currently looking into a solution for this involving homing pigeons. Will keep you posted.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lmao nice one

Lurker
    Post Count
    Mate, you're posting the secrets of Gree's customer service. You can get kicked for that.

Consistent Contributor Cannibalpaul's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cOsMiC-tRiGgEr View Post
    We have started using a conference call line. After dialing in we beep out messages in Morse code. We hired my buddy's grandma to monitor this line throughout the day and transcribe the morse into shorthand. Then the message is communicated via twitter to a call center in Guam which also dabbles in shorthand transcription. Once the message has been recombined, the assistant manager of the call center will then post the message to our faction Palringo group. For an extra $.20 per line they will also post the message into the in-game forum.

It seems to be working great so far. We've only been using it for a month or so. Unfortunately, our efficiency has slightly dropped and we are currently looking into a solution for this involving homing pigeons. Will keep you posted.
    homing pigeons. Very interesting. yes that might work.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We use the in game chat. It is nice not to have to leave the game to communicate. It gets messy sometimes but it works. I just wished you could send private messages no one else can see.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rud View Post
    Groupme. Only requires email as well, but can also use a phone number. Ability to check message posted times and like messages is important.

Personallly I like the multi-platform. Works on IOS and android, and is web based, so I can stay on game and do intel and groupme via the PC.
    groupme requires cell phone number

Post Count
    Groupme, Kakao, Line, Parlingo, (And yes even Chatzy)

First all of them have positives and negatives.
    For most factions i would probably reccomend Groupme. Its simple. Easy to understand (it does have limitations i don't personally like when it comes to intel and lag however)

Parlingo is the other primary one i use. Its not flashy and is rather boring to look at but its quick, can access data easy and doesn't have the issue with character limits) It isn't web based however so it requires a download on your phone or computer (which i personally don't like)

Chatzy is okay but it never really caught on and honestly i would pick groupme over it.

Then Line and finally Kakoa. I would pick line over Kakoa and leave that one for last.
    VFF Legends

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    We use the shouting at the screen approach. It is well established and works equally well on all platforms. There aren't any adverts. The feedback is not dependent on connection speed and much of the fun is in the Chinese whispers.

We did try Palringo, but it wanted our souls, so we turned away and went back to old fashioned screen shouting.
    I am interested that some of you call it Parlingo, which is what I imagine the French might call it. I like both names and admire the app for that especially.
    ...Boris
    Ally # 763414035
    Faction # 351384142
    +19% health regen, +25% infantry, +15% ground, +10% air, +5% sea defences +15% building, +5% infantry attack, +10 guild
    We are better at having fun than placing highly... (1825th in Cuba)

Post Count
    I have used them all and by far Palringo is the best option. It is unobtrusive and only requires an email to sign up. All the other ones want your telephone number! That is ridiculous and very invasive in my opinion. Palringo also seems less glitchy than all those Korean based ones like Kakao and Line. It also allows you to easily switch between your phone, tablet, and computer. Kakao for example did not allow you to have one on iPhone and iPad at same time last I checked. Kakao also doesn't even have a native iPad version so it looks strange. I also like the fact that Palringo offers a native OS X and Windows version for free. Anyone who uses Mac OS X and also iOS devices should really check Palringo out. All of them have minor issues and could be improved but Palringo wins by a wide margin in my opinion and I have used them all.
    Faction ID: 969 784 353 Top 250 Faction
    Bonuses improving all the time! Recruiting now!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Group me can be open on multiple device at same time

line has a notes section for info that you dont want to lose and quick access

palringo, some say dark, go to setting and change to white lol

tango is ok

at the end of day they all do same thing, its just down to personal preference

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse21 View Post
    We use the in game chat. It is nice not to have to leave the game to communicate. It gets messy sometimes but it works. I just wished you could send private messages no one else can see.
    you can chat privatly

goto news feed and reply from there, it wont show on there wall, but they see it on there news feed only

Lurker
    Post Count
    My faction has used Groupme from the very beginning of factions last year. I can use it online on my Desktop or Laptop and be in Modern War on my device. I specifically sought out a Syndicate in Crime City, and a Guild In Kingdom Age that used Groupme. It is an advanced level of communication that make in-game chats seem useless.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Groupme is what we use. We checked out a couple others and came back to Groupme.

It was laggy. That seems to be corrected with the latest updates, I am running the new IOS on the 5s w either wifi or 4g. Can be running 8+ rooms w Dockbot and no lagging.

We don't use MW chat at all.

47th Armenia, 58-3 12/12 completed

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Only use Palringo