New wave campers for the great unwashed, or not?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New wave campers for the great unwashed, or not?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Question New wave campers for the great unwashed, or not?

We fully understand many ppl like the new rivals list changes and many hate it. We also understand there are various reasons for the likes and dislikes. I'm not interested in discussing those reasons further since they have been well covered in other threads.

The question I have is pretty simple.

Do the new changes actually encourage a different sort of camper? I don't hold the answer but here are the things discussed here.

For high ranking players in high ranking teams, the end game is to be the most powerful in the game or be in the most powerful team (which still means you will need to be very powerful).

For all the others (99%+), that is not the end game at all, because they know they will never achieve that. They play other aspects of the game and have done so successfully.

Those 'others' may have a different end game. Perhaps that's being as powerful as they can afford in their respective level and perhaps also be quite valuable for their syndicate.

The only change as I see it so far (early days) is there may be little point now to be powerful at their own level. This takes a significant portion of their feeling of individual achievement out of the game. Likewise those not strong for their level were striving to be strong 'for their level' (the feeling of achievement). Don't underestimate the need for that.

That aspect of individual achievement (strong for their level) seems to have been taken away from the 'great unwashed'.

I think that's why we're have many disliking the change. Not because they now get raided (that happens), but because they have had their sense of achievement, or for some, the aim of individual involvement taken away.

So thinking this through, I could say the answer is simple, just add stats and you will still have that sense of individual achievement - that will satisfy your end game.

But that may not necessarily be true, because as soon as they become stronger, they will automatically be in a higher rivals pool. So rather than feeling they have achieved, they will see they are going nowhere in terms of relative power.

If that follows, then where is the GAME encouragement to add to your stats.... what will they actually achieve in terms of the sense of individual achievement.

If that holds true then is this actually going to encourage all those thousands of little guys to spend a buck?

It makes me wonder. Having said that, Gree must have done their $ sums on this and see it as an encouragement to increase revenue rather than decrease it. I'm just not seeing that. Will it encourage a 'new wave' camper, the exact opposite of what they intended?

Why was it rejected by the MW community, a very similar game to this?
    Last edited by Ysae Kaeps ASU; 12-28-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Your answer is simple.

Someone create a mod and call it "Camp City". This way you can compete for the lowest level possible while trying to have the highest stats available.
    KiK/LINE: Shadypal

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    @OP... Nailed it. This is what I've been saying all along. There is no longer a sense of victory/defeat/achievement. It is now a never ending cycle of repetition. The game aspect is gone.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrineMondeoRSi View Post
    @OP... Nailed it. This is what I've been saying all along. There is no longer a sense of victory/defeat/achievement. It is now a never ending cycle of repetition. The game aspect is gone.
    Absolutely. If you're not in one of the top syndicates might as well put the credit card away; you can put the same effort and real money into playing as another guy - maybe even more than him - but if your syndicate is lower ranked you'll just fall further and further behind with each cycle.

And please no comments about moving to a better syn. There's only so many places available. The only leveller is drama causing splintering.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I went into semi-retirement, I retired my higher level character entirely and had focused on a camping strategy with smart decisions on experience gain and the prizes won. I had to abandon my first camper, because I made some mistakes I didn't realize it would be so detrimental to my strategy, my second camper is level 10 with stats of 300 K. I want to focus on growing my income so that when I do become active again I will have a strong player is able to afford limited-time buildings at a very low level and gain stats in that fashion as well. you may joke about my stats, but I have not encountered one single player on my level that has half the stats that I have. I check my rival list frequently not to attack or Rob but only to get a comparative idea of where I stand. I've grown tired of chasing my tail with the rediculous stats inflation and it has forced me to spend for far less gold then I was previously used to.

but now there is a new game in town where it doesn't matter how strong you are for your level or what you have done to play intelligently and have strategy there is no strategy anymore, its just all about spend as much money as you possibly can as often as you possibly are willing to. if the new rivals list becomes reality I will never come back to this game. its getting stupid now, with no point in playing the game whatsoever I cannot figure out why anybody just wants to throw their money away on this crappy app. I really do feel like these changes that have been made in the last 6 months will tank this game with in 6 months
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Banned
    Post Count
    ^^ What that guy said

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Let me give you a different perspective: mods.

Long term players are sitting over 100% bonus gun attack. I'm at 94% and that's only because my phone was stolen during one of the wars. That means every Girls Best a Friend, every Flock Hunter, older players are almost getting twice the benefit in stats.

You can keep making new accounts until the cows come home (lolwut?), but those collecting mods and tier camping will always win out.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciMane View Post
    Let me give you a different perspective: mods.

Long term players are sitting over 100% bonus gun attack. I'm at 94% and that's only because my phone was stolen during one of the wars. That means every Girls Best a Friend, every Flock Hunter, older players are almost getting twice the benefit in stats.

You can keep making new accounts until the cows come home (lolwut?), but those collecting mods and tier camping will always win out.
    when you get to the higher levels I absolutely agree, however in the low levels it's still a no man's land. when you get to level 250 you're definitely going to deal with monsters that have all the mods possible. but in the meantime what you're saying is basically there's no point in starting this game if you haven't played it before which I don't believe is true. or perhaps it is true and I've made the same argument about mods before in previous posts, this game is designed to break itself apart after every piece of money they can steal from your wallet has been ****d from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]