Raiding etiquette....

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiding etiquette....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Raiding etiquette....

I got another nasty message on my wall from someone who was upset I went to town on their base. My question is what is the proper raiding etiquette? Do you limit how much you take? Do you only hit the buildings one or two times each? Do you comment anything? Thanks or haha?

My personal feeling is if it is worth more thank 100k per hit, I raid it. If you have a lot of buildings I take them all. I say nothing.

Thoughts?

Articulate Author & The Horse U Rode In On's Avatar
    Post Count
    there is no etiquette

limited only by my stamina

no, that is just dumb. if you are going to take, take it all

don't be rude
    &HorseURodeInOn 535775522
    TDF Camel 318089536
    Primary Hook 200935938

Officer of The Dutch Fighters 291664130

Post Count
    First Remember this is a war game. The only etiquette is be polite with your words and have fun.

Personally i generally don't hit someone for all of their money buildings. In many instances i used to hit a supply depot and let them know that their buildings were ready to collect.

More recently i've been getting raided and loosing my income source so i will now usually take out one LE building (generally the best payout) and then do the same thing. Most of them know either i'm getting it or someone else at that point.

As for when my base gets blacked out it sucks but its part of the game. Don't take it too personally and remember its not like the old days where you were probably killing off someones army in the process due to all of their casualties along the way. (yes they might still loose 1-2 but most have already 2k+ indestructibles)
    VFF Legends

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have a specific message on all of my walls.
    " Dont cry, advertise or post codes on my wall. "

Post Count
    Delete nasty messages and move on to the next raid target. Life is too short to worry about inconsequential people that have no manners. Worst still, those that take it personally or don't realize this is just a game.

I get raided daily but it don't hurt me, there's always people with higher stats than me so I just move on. Focus on building your IPH and increasing your stats instead of writing nasty remarks.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I raid a lot. Like Thief said, this is a war game. People tend to forget the "game" part and think it is real life and you robbed them of their lunch money.

Remember this game is played by all ages, I would go out on a limb that most nasty messages are written by the "kids" who haven't figured out the concept of social gaming yet.

Neither here nor there... mostly everywhere, but nowhere..
    Post Count
    NO ETIQUETTE...

From someone who gets hemmed up all the time, it is your choice. Like said above its war, yes it may be a game, but it is a war game! I hate getting attacked and/or raided, but hell its because I'm too weak and didn't upgrade the vault like a should. I don't cry or "hate post" on walls. Most recently CASPER was eating me alive, but I think if you can take it you should. In a way I think you earned it.

My personal idea of attacking/raiding: I do not often attack unless I really need some cash fast. When I raid it is usually only to trigger boss or so I only hit the lowest structures. Of course this is my way as I am not a beast in stats. If someone did "hate post" me I would probably slash and burn their stakie.

This was way longer than I intended it... bottom line let it rain!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I live to raid. My IPH is about $250k, but I collect millions every day from raids! I don't leave messages and get very few. B/l: no etiquette for leaving notes. Good hunting!

Post Count
    When I find a nice base I'll take the lot, if I get a nasty message I'll go hunting and black out the base and if I don't get an apology I'll keep going until they either drop allies or add to them depending on where they are. But I'll hit people for having names like suck my balls or names to that effect. I also find myself hitting any beefy or dan that I come across.

Banned
    Post Count
    I raid a lot (100-400 times a day). Likewise I only do if each hit yields at least $100K

The rules I live by are: I don't attack non-money buildings and I don't leave any mocking or belittling comments.
    I just raid in silence. I get raided and I raid people, it's a war game.

Note: On very rare situations where they have ripe buildings and their stats are too high for successful raids I might target boosts to yield successful raids.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_blayze View Post
    I raid a lot (100-400 times a day). Likewise I only do if each hit yields at least $100K

The rules I live by are: I don't attack non-money buildings and I don't leave any mocking or belittling comments.
    I just raid in silence. I get raided and I raid people, it's a war game.

Note: On very rare situations where they have ripe buildings and their stats are too high for successful raids I might target boosts to yield successful raids.
    That is exactly my plan.

It dosent bother me. I laugh at the comments and pray they attack me back so I can keep raiding them.

It amazes me when people don't get it is a game. And a war game at that.

Post Count
    Etiquette...... Really! Alls fair in love and war right? I raid a lot, and get raided my far share, i typically ignore and move on, or respond with some witty humor , typically don't hear from them again. Goes both ways, if someone gets me good, i move on or depending on my mood, "nice one, caught me with my pants down, shame on me". Its a difficult concept of the game to grasp, collect your buildings and you wont get raided, lol! But when you don't, it someone else fault for accepting freebies????

Post Count
    Raiding is part of the game and everyone gets hit. I get hit daily by people but I can't complain since I usually raid daily for a bit as well. Cash is still needed to grow your base, or your faction. I'm not a fan of the players that purposely seek you out everyday and just camp on your base, since that gets annoying. If you do leave a message keep it playful or say thank you for donations or something, then move on. At times I can hit dozens of different players a day and I don't even remember them after 2 minutes. Players that leave hate messages on my wall just hit my crap list and then I start to seek them out. If a player asks for break for a couple of days if they are saving up for a big upgrade, then I leave them alone, a little courtesy goes a long way. I do give people an occasional pass too, hit a defense building or something and post on their wall to collect their cash, especially if they have a really low IPH.

Neither here nor there... mostly everywhere, but nowhere..
    Post Count
    Best comment left by a visitor: Nice base and iph... better collect on time!

Favorite response I left to a raider (one of those, set their timer to my collection time every single day types): Hey man, I'm trying to make my last upgrade on this LE, give me a break so I can finish it... then you can have more to raid!
    Last edited by Drakhoan; 12-26-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: ()

I have enough stamina to black out at least two bases. I only hit choice targets tho. But any time I run across some sore looser leaving messages like that on my wall I black them out real good over and over. They tend to quietly go away not to be heard from again.