The Forum Hall Of Fame - call for Selection Committee

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forum Hall Of Fame - call for Selection Committee

Post Count

The Forum Hall Of Fame - call for Selection Committee

As part of the ongoing and tireless efforts to stimulate and engage the forum community a selection committee will be assembled to vote and induct their fellow community members into the CC forum hall of fame.

Over the years there have been many outstanding and productive members that deserve to be honored for their contributions.

The selection committee will be tasked with establishing rules for, and voting on, admission to the HOF.

We're not ready to nominate inductees yet, but I'd like to open the floor for nominees for the selection committee. Its preferred that you nominate someone else but feel free to nominate yourself, as well.

With your nomination please include a link to their profile page(s) and a description of why they'd be good for the selection committee. In our selection committee we are prioritizing traits such as seniority, activity, diversity in era (of their main activity). These nominees do not have to be well known names, big contributors, or even currently active posters - but we do need a way to contact them (email, messenger app, carrier pigeon, etc).

The exact number on the committee will be determined by feedback, number of quality nominations, and our ability to create a diverse and knowledgable group.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    This is a good idea! There are several people who would be a good addition to this committee.

I would nominate The Reaper ( http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?61088-The-Reaper ) for his excellent work with LTQ threads. I could nominate BigMoney too for this, but I haven't seen him post for a while and I think that he is banned currently?

Banned
    Post Count
    I accept your nomination.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    +1 for Monte

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Syn
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?16909-Syn
    He made a bunch of useful guides back in the day, and he aggregated guides which are hilariously still stickied even though ridiculously out of date. This was back when the forums were 80% strategy and 20% drama. I doubt you can get in touch with him though, maybe someone out there still around knows him IRL?... but he deserves a nomination, he really did contribute more than anyone else I can think of since the beginning.

itzkakarot
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?26632-itzkakarot
    best hood planning XLS by far.. still live off of it to chase the optimal upgrade, I think he quit since he stopped posting. I don't want to post his personal email but he posted it quite a few times on the forum so it can be dug up if he wins.

I would have nominated duder too, but I didn't agree with his approach to hood planning, but he wrote several novels about it....

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    I accept your nomination.
    What was that other comment from the other thread about narcissism?

Post Count
    There are a number of people like Tramp Stamp back in the day that are no longer here to accept the honor. They have all been replaced by blowhards like Montecore.

Banned
    Post Count
    I suggest replacing Montecore with Molly's Voice. He has more credibility.

Post Count
    I think the OP was asking for nominees for the selection committee, not for those you all want in the HoF. And all the names so far sound like candidates for the HoF. I'm not sure you usually find the Oscar committee adjudicating on themselves. That would take Montecoreanism to new heights, even in here.
    Last edited by Ciara; 12-23-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I think The billionaire would be great for this but as many would agree when it comes time for a hof
    his name should be there too
    Last edited by cave man kid; 12-23-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    I think the OP was asking for nominees for the selection committee, not for those you all want in the HoF. And all the names so far sound like candidates for the HoF. I'm not sure you usually find the Oscar committee adjudicating on themselves. That would take Montecoreanism to new heights, even in here.
    Correct. This is just for a solid group that can debate the HOF nominees (we will have a thread for the actual HOF nominees in the future) and the committee will ultimately vote on those nominations.

The reason for a trustworthy selection committee rather than popular vote is so it doesn't become a one syndicate orgy like the main page. Also, current members don't necessarily know about or have the full history (or time to learn that history) of the all time greats.
    Last edited by mxz; 12-23-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    I vote for the forums biggest troll, which is..?

Banned
    Post Count
    Somewhat reminiscent of this old poll: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ight=Lupo+poll

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reddevil View Post
    I vote for the forums biggest troll, which is..?
    How 'bout Dipstik?
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I'd like to nominate Max Power for this committee
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"