Rivals List - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivals List

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcc68 View Post
    I can understand people’s frustrations with this but being a "random" beneficiary I find it quite fun. It does make it a lot quicker to find a potential target; in fact it now means I have targets to rob as there are not too many decent ones at lvl 150.
    How is that helpful? You're finding all of the people that are around your strength when you would have previously been finding weak players with potentially high IPH's. Those people were targets.

Why am I staying at level 60 when the only thing that benefits me being down here is the points in syndicate wars that I score against higher level players?

I feel cheated at the moment as I spent real money to make sure my stats were better than almost everyone at my level so I could happily build my IPH without being robbed. Now I have a level 149 with less than 200k IPH robbing me daily...

The sickening thing about it is the age of his account - less than 2 months with 3m Att/Def thanks to the last kill 100 boss

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I echo everyone else. This change destroys the motivation for IPH and hood development, removing an element that a good chunk of folks enjoy. I also makes "getting stronger" pretty pointless as well, seems like the change will do nothing but lessen gold spend.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicalmofo View Post
    I feel cheated at the moment as I spent real money to make sure my stats were better than almost everyone at my level so I could happily build my IPH without being robbed. Now I have a level 149 with less than 200k IPH robbing me daily...

The sickening thing about it is the age of his account - less than 2 months with 3m Att/Def thanks to the last kill 100 boss
    Sorry, but I can't help laughing uncontrollably at this...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    We are striving to make the matches worthy of the name "Rival" and therefore make the experience more fair and engaging for everyone involved.

A new matching system which attempts to take a more accurate approach to rivalry has rolled out to a small percentage of players at random. It's not client platform or version specific.

We will continue to monitor the health and quality of the system via raw data and player feedback while tuning it and rolling it out to more players as confidence levels increase. Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged during this process.

If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing.

Max, we heard you and were compelled by your well-reasoned and level-headed argument.

Initially level wasn't a large component in the new matching system. Within minutes of your post we jumped into action.

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by higher leveled players and instead by other campers in a similar level range.
    i think a more fair engaging is having a variety of players on the vicinity of your level. whats the point of having all strong members like you? all the fun is when its a big fat food chain - some are stronger some are weaker.
    i just got robbed for the first time in months by a lvl 100 whose stats are like mine (stat inflation and ridiculously weak boss events under lvl 100) but his IPH was so poor lol
    anyway i hate the new rival list system. especially when all i can see is 2 lvls below and above me while still being robbed by much lower lvls.
    and if you match players of the same strength match their IPH also.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendfrim View Post
    Unacceptable. So you've once again changed the nature of the game. I have carefully built my income and worked to stay away from folks that can take in game money from me. I deserve that position. You guys are ok with completely messing up the game for folks like myself yet you refuse to update things like defensive buildings, and hood sizes. You've completely negated 2.5 years of hardcore income building and careful methodical leveling. This game will soon become untenable to folks like myself, whom enjoy building a financial empire and defending it from scum.

Tell me this. When will defense buildings and hood sizes be updated and expanded? Defense buildings should at least have 100 times their current defense amount to scale with current stats. When are you going to require income so that everyone can be robbed equally? You've just made me one of the biggest targets in the game as I have nearly 50 million per hour in income. There are maybe 20 other folks in the game around that range, none of which I can attack or defend against. No one at my level has income anywhere near mine. Completely unfair, one sided, and bullsht.

You guys need to match based on INCOME too. Frankly no one at my level would ever be allowed to attack me if you factored income equivalence.

Guess I will prepare to quit. I have a modest 20 billion on hand. Lets see if its all gone in a year. You guys need to put your lousy system back to the way it was, I don't care how fair it is or how many people have quit. Your best fix is to further break the game. Start with defense buildings and hood sizes.
    I completely agree with you. I did never see anyone with a better IPH at my level, for more than two years, until I saw your profile. And that was about two weeks ago. Big props for your amazing IPH and the time you invested in your hood.

Listen to his response Gree. The rivals list is not the way to change things in this game. Start with changing peoples hoods, it would be a good option to erase the roads and let people build on that space too. Delete defense buildings or make them relevant again, like in the Funzio days. I can only see rivals from the levels around mine, and not more than 2 levels below or above me. This is the way it's supposed to be imo.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    To add another voice to this it's truly a terrible idea that needs removing ASAP I'm now being attacked by players lower and higher than myself with similar stats purely because I have a good IPH, the only point in having an income at all is for Syndicate bonuses and LTBs, well my syndicate is fully upgraded and what's the point of doing an LTB to get more stats when it just makes me a bigger target as I can't escape being attacked.

This is only good for players who have poor IPH.

It also renders the defence stat irrelevant since you'll get matched to players you can always beat, no hope for anyone to defend against robs or attacks. Please put things back as they were and think about the knock on impacts of changes before they get made

Lurker
    Post Count
    I know this has been said many times but this just wont work in a game like CC, this update basically makes stats irrelevant.

How? If you get matched up against similar stats instead of levels then you always have a chance to win/lose, removing any "strategy" (Notice the quotation marks for sarcasm, considering there is none needed in CC nowadays)

Now its basically attack/rob with a 50% chance of winning, stats are useless.

Sweet! I got a new item and im now stronger! Nope. You now have stronger rivals, that just target your IPH.

Good move GREE!

Banned
    Post Count
    We are striving to make the matches worthy of the name "Rival" and therefore make the experience more fair and engaging for everyone involved.

A new matching system which attempts to take a more accurate approach to rivalry has rolled out to a small percentage of players at random. It's not client platform or version specific.

We will continue to monitor the health and quality of the system via raw data and player feedback while tuning it and rolling it out to more players as confidence levels increase. Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged during this process.

If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing.
    Clearly you have no concept of what "equal footing" is in your own product. Equal footing in this game INCLUDES INCOME LEVEL. I am not going to "just get up in there," to a hood that isn't worth even ONE TENTH what mine is, just to have that same piece of scum come back and walk away with 100 TIMES what I took from them. This is NOT an acceptable solution unless you implement ULTRA EXPENSIVE AND EFFECTIVE defensive buildings THAT SCALE WITH YOUR RIDICULOUS STAT INFLATION, designed ONLY for those with ULTRA HIGH incomes. Sorry for caps but you folks DO NOT understand your own product. Quite frankly I am tired of your ignorance.

It's not even this one mod. It's the lot of your company. You've ruined the gameplay. This is one change you need to immediately undo or implement the defensive actions I stated above. Defense buildings with up to hundreds of thousands of points to stop robberies by just random idiots are needed.

You CAN make new buildings. You CAN make scaleable stats on them. You CAN make larger hoods. DO IT. If you plan to stick with this model, I deserve to be able to COMPLETELY defend myself from those unworthy of even entering my hood.

Or you can take the easy way out and undo this ridiculous change. You stand to lose a bunch of loyal players, and therefore income, and have your company go down in flames financially if you leave this the way it is. I sure wouldn't mind the complete dissolution of your company.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Initially level wasn't a large component in the new matching system. Within minutes of your post we jumped into action.

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by very high leveled players and instead by other campers in a more similar level range.
    Hi, i usually just reads on the forums. But i must say, this change was a massively great improvement. This game is called Crime City and thus robbing should be one of the main factors in this game.

Ok, so first the change was made without a level requirement, and i was immediately very excited. Then you changed to about +-15 levels range, which in my opinion is to small of a difference and the initial change were better. And i tell you why:

* So high level players are now worried they now have more players who will rob them, well true. but how many lvl 250 players are there already? If you have bad stats at 250 for instance, chances are you are being robbed nonstop anyways. This should also give them an incentive to get better stats.

* New players joining this game can not rush up the levels because this will make them a easy target in wars and attacks/robs. And trying to rob people in the lower levels is just futile because there are very few with good income, so robbing takes too long and takes to much time vs payout. I have a couple of characters and i don't rob with anyone of them because it takes too long to find a victim. Which is very boring for those in the lower levels.

*High level players will probably seek victims in higher lvl ranges because the odds increase that the victim will be worth robbing.

* When syndicate wars was introduced this game became increasingly more fun. Not only did you get to fight other syndicates and see who were better but you got great rewards for it! That sadly got less attractive when syndicate events gave more stats for the work you put in. So now there was only events for low level players to have fun with. And they are pretty fun, but not extremely fun (because they are too many).

This will increase robberies, but that's the whole point, i got robbed today first time in 6 weeks by a 150 lvl higher player and i got a little annoyed at first, but then my mindset changed because i got a link to him so i can give him some payback!

I understand this new function is still in development, which is good! Because this will give you time to tweak it! My entire point is +-15 levels is to small of a difference, cant you go somewhere in the middle, lets say +- 75 levels or something like that?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrineMondeoRSi View Post
    Where would one go about providing such feedback please Aequitas? I have plenty of well reasoned and insightful feedback to give but I'm concerned that if I send it to support they'll ignore it for a week then close the ticket without reading it.

"We hope that whatever you wrote to us about has gone away, seeing as we didn't read it. If you're still experiencing the issue please reply to this email and wait another week before receiving a response"...
    Try this number 415-409-5200 maybe a gree employee will talk to you... Since all the did is hang up on me

GREE Engineering
    Post Count
    The goal isn't to make win/loss 50/50. That would defeat the purpose of getting stronger. The rival's list has been REALLY out of whack for months though and that's why we're experimenting with ways to improve the feature.

The feedback about income level being a suggested factor is great, we're going to be discussing that and other findings so far in a team meeting today.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    The goal isn't to make win/loss 50/50. That would defeat the purpose of getting stronger. The rival's list has been REALLY out of whack for months though and that's why we're experimenting with ways to improve the feature.

The feedback about income level being a suggested factor is great, we're going to be discussing that and other findings so far in a team meeting today.
    Why don't you just "open up" the rivals list so that we can see further up and down in it...?

Why would I ever want to target players with the same IPH as myself? I want to find the ones with higher IPH of course and avoid the coinflips with players of equal or lesser IPH.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

How about opening it up for everyone and not just a select few that can take advantage of the situation leaving the rest of us to have to deal with them and not having an option of doing the same thing.

Post Count
    This is probably the single least thought out change you guys have had. When everyone in Modern War said this was a fantastically bad idea and revolted against it - forcing you to revert - I would have thought you'd at least ask the CC community if they wanted the game to get even more imbalanced (level 150's being able to rob level 18's blind?).

If you want to do away with levels - then do it, but match based on something that is actually fair - Zen's idea of IPH is good, or gold purchases would be good places to start.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

What you guys have to do is implement a "search player" option so people start bullying other players and attack "enemies". Thats what the game is about, crime. Crime City.

And if players dont like getting ass kicked they can change their names, ask friends for help, beg for mercy, or quit. People who say "oh i get robbed by stronger players with higher level", just dont know what the game is about. I bet you itll be more fun this way in the future.
    Last edited by TooFlyRobbie; 12-19-2013 at 11:20 AM.