Rivals List - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivals List

Post Count
    I agree that the game involves crime. Obviously. The makers encourage players to "build your own empire."

Nonetheless, I would like to believe that any person or organization building an empire would also make sure they can adequately defend themselves. Wouldn't any organized crime syndicate carry protection for defensive purposes? So yes, there is one element of crime on display in crime city, which is robbing/attacking. One element that the game is lacking is defense. One step in rectifying that situation would be to make defense buildings, well, let's say, defend? protect

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyRobbie View Post
    It is true about the scouting, but with all intel sharing room on groupme, line, palringo, or kakao, its still incredibly easy, easier than searching for the players one by one..
    Resourceful syndicates/members are rewarded with stats via these 3rd party methods. There's a huge portion of players in this game (<top100) who don't have access or don't track this. It would literally make war completely boring and pointless. every team would find the weak link every time with no risk of loss, losing IP via scouting, etc.

As for the hood, people have already rage quit or sold their hoods because they get robbed by players of the same level with higher stats, players come and go. Many would say there would be no point because they dont like getting robbed. But its "Crime City", I also play "Candy Crush", I dont get robbed there. What GREE just did is just an improvement towards what the game is really supposed to be, crime.
    I agree that robbery is an important aspect of the game, but again, being able to search for victims is overkill. If implemented, there would be a google doc within 24 hours later of high IPH/low stat folks. Like I said, there would be no point in hood development anymore. If they want to widen the robbery tier a few levels, sure, go for it. Ability to search would ironically make robberies much worse as folks would sell off hoods and there would be very few folks to rob.

GREE Engineering
    Post Count
    Victim search will never be implemented.

Defense in general is something else we'll be talking about today, thanks for those providing constructive feedback.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I'm on android and I can only see 1 level lower and same level as me. Not 1 level higher. Level 128 here

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post

I agree that robbery is an important aspect of the game, but again, being able to search for victims is overkill. If implemented, there would be a google doc within 24 hours later of high IPH/low stat folks. Like I said, there would be no point in hood development anymore. If they want to widen the robbery tier a few levels, sure, go for it. Ability to search would ironically make robberies much worse as folks would sell off hoods and there would be very few folks to rob.
    Good point. But again, making the rivals not searchable during battle would get rid of that "disadvantage", making the players scout or look for intel as consequence. It's too bad they wont implement it :--( I already had my Hit List.
    Last edited by TooFlyRobbie; 12-19-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    the the higher level players will have an advantage with more stamina than lower level players

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Good point. But again, making the rivals not searchable during battle would get rid of that "disadvantage", making the players scout or look for intel as consequence. It's too bad they wont implement it :--( I already had my Hit List.
    Yep... Bald Zeemer, Bald Zeemer, Bald Zeemer. Being gone a month or so means he's seriously funding the L250 folks since they've all inflated to his stats

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I believe that after a month of inactivity, a player cant be seen, nor robbed.

Post Count

Victim search

The moderator has already stated there will be no "victim search." You guys can call it a player search, name search & etc. The moderator is correctly stating what entails such a search...victimization. In calling it a "victim search", the moderator, I believe, was hoping we could all read between the lines. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
    Oh, i thought mxz was saying they already did that? He was agreeing with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
    It sounded like he was ammending or improving your arguement.
    It's already implemented. From what I can tell it's been that way for years, possibly since the beginning.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Lurker
    Post Count

Talking about Defense

Back when I started playing Crime City, I wasn't very smart and put 175 points in defense and attack. The fact we can't change our skills is one thing but what really aggravates me is some doofus with 180K attack successfully robs from my 260K defense hood and my 175 points in defense don't do a single thing. In addition to making defense buildings relevant, could you guys look into making defense points relevant? Like every single point in defense increases defense by 0.1%. I am talking about 350 odd skill points here

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    We are striving to make the matches worthy of the name "Rival" and therefore make the experience more fair and engaging for everyone involved.

A new matching system which attempts to take a more accurate approach to rivalry has rolled out to a small percentage of players at random. It's not client platform or version specific.

We will continue to monitor the health and quality of the system via raw data and player feedback while tuning it and rolling it out to more players as confidence levels increase. Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged during this process.

If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing.

Max, we heard you and were compelled by your well-reasoned and level-headed argument.

Initially level wasn't a large component in the new matching system. Within minutes of your post we jumped into action.

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by very high leveled players and instead by other campers in a more similar level range.
    Thank god, someone who knows what they're doing around here and listens to the players. It's nice to meet you Aequitas.

I must say, I like the idea of testing new ideas out on a small group, it's much better than throwing it out to everyone and then having everyone furious if something goes wrong. But could you maybe send some sort of message to everyone in-game and let them know a beta test of sorts is happening? It would spare a lot of confusion if this sort of test becomes the norm (which hopefully it will).

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendfrim View Post
    Spoken like someone who hasn't invested a single second or real dollar into their hood. You are unworthy to set foot in my hood regardless of how much I make. I didn't spend two and a half years so you could walk in one day and get rich. It's not even your fault. I can't expect you not to be happy. Mooches are always happy when they get the break they need.
    I have 5 million iph, so yes I invested time. But i always rob people cause it is fun. idc if they rob me
    Quote Originally Posted by N41LZ View Post
    Gree you have made a big mistake, 1 Uzi should cost 100 Gold, not 5

And the event should be 12 hours only...
    You giving us too much bro, like a restaurant giving out large messy portionsss

Banned
    Post Count
    Oh, and this is just an idea here so don't scream bloody murder at me, but what if the rivals list was just completely, 100% random? No limits at all, just completely random. Yes, 250's would see 25's and vice versa, but if the list is random, you'd be cycling though so many accounts it'd be almost impossible to find the same person again. Now you might be thinking, well hey, if I can't have favorite rob targets to rob blind 24/7, then this is stupid. But if it cycles through the entire player base, you'd be seeing people of all different IPH's, and I think in the long run you might make more from robbing a bunch of different high IPH players once than two or three high IPH players several times on a daily basis.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisseppe17 View Post
    Oh, and this is just an idea here so don't scream bloody murder at me, but what if the rivals list was just completely, 100% random? No limits at all, just completely random. Yes, 250's would see 25's and vice versa, but if the list is random, you'd be cycling though so many accounts it'd be almost impossible to find the same person again. Now you might be thinking, well hey, if I can't have favorite rob targets to rob blind 24/7, then this is stupid. But if it cycles through the entire player base, you'd be seeing people of all different IPH's, and I think in the long run you might make more from robbing a bunch of different high IPH players once than two or three high IPH players several times on a daily basis.
    Yeah I agree, that would be much more fun
    Quote Originally Posted by N41LZ View Post
    Gree you have made a big mistake, 1 Uzi should cost 100 Gold, not 5

And the event should be 12 hours only...
    You giving us too much bro, like a restaurant giving out large messy portionsss