Rivals List - Page 10

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivals List

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfreem View Post
    This is complete garbage. I spend years building myself up around a strategy of being one of the strongest and highest IPH for my level, just to see all my hard work thrown out in one fell swoop. I'm totally on board with the "leave buildings robbed until this is resolved" protest.

This just turns every high IPH player into cannon fodder for the lazy who haven't made any effort to build up their own IPH. There's absolutely nothing we can do to protect ourselves. Can't camp. Can't make ourselves stronger, because that just get us stronger "rivals". Can't retaliate because you can't hurt someone with no income.

I just don't understand how you can change such a fundamental aspect of the game. It's like if the NFL decided in week 15, instead of picking playoff teams based on won-loss record, we're doing it based on total points, screwing over every team with a good defense.

If you absolutely have to change the rivals list, bracket it by IPH, not att/def stats. This solves a lot of problems. It keeps the incentive to get stronger. It allows you to retaliate against attacks by guaranteeing that you only get hit by people worth robbing back. And, it stops the lazy moochers who don't bother with their own IPH and just feed off the rest of us.
    Testify!!!

Banned
    Post Count
    This is complete garbage. I spend years building myself up around a strategy of being one of the strongest and highest IPH for my level, just to see all my hard work thrown out in one fell swoop. I'm totally on board with the "leave buildings robbed until this is resolved" protest.

This just turns every high IPH player into cannon fodder for the lazy who haven't made any effort to build up their own IPH. There's absolutely nothing we can do to protect ourselves. Can't camp. Can't make ourselves stronger, because that just get us stronger "rivals". Can't retaliate because you can't hurt someone with no income.

I just don't understand how you can change such a fundamental aspect of the game. It's like if the NFL decided in week 15, instead of picking playoff teams based on won-loss record, we're doing it based on total points, screwing over every team with a good defense.

If you absolutely have to change the rivals list, bracket it by IPH, not att/def stats. This solves a lot of problems. It keeps the incentive to get stronger. It allows you to retaliate against attacks by guaranteeing that you only get hit by people worth robbing back. And, it stops the lazy moochers who don't bother with their own IPH and just feed off the rest of us.
    another testament to my own argument.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Well put....very fair and accurate comments. Get your act together gree, do this and high iph players will quit

Lurker
    Post Count
    Is gree adding more people to the system still? Seems I am getting robbed by every kind of different levels. I don't mind getting robbed just give me the opportunity to do the same to them.
    Daddy
    Attack-1,8xx,xxx
    Defense-1,9xx,xxx
    IPH-2,5xx,xxx

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    As far as "transparency" goes, we're at the opposite.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendfrim View Post
    I am thinking of doing this myself. Problem is, if I do this, I might as well quit, because hood building and collection have always been the only thing I enjoy about this game. Defense was another point but gree took that away a long time ago.
    Its 4pm and I just collected my scratcher... 14 hours late.

This has been the kiss of death. Thank you Gree. Once I stop going into the game regularly, its really easy to quit.

I wonder how much longer it will be before I forget to go in all together.

Its weird. I'm not even angry. I would still have to care to be angry.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Bored now.

Low level with high stats and high IPH is a **** place to be right now.

The only people hitting me are the players from the last kill 100 event that only have 5 buildings.

They get the benefit of my effort to build my IPH over the last 2 years...
    They get the benefit of me waiting for days and days for building upgrades...
    They get the benefit of my gold spending to stay as one of the strongest at my level...

I get to be their cash cow while they camp in my hood, usually hitting my level 10 LTB's within a couple of minutes of them being collectable. Awesome.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicalmofo View Post
    Bored now.

The only people hitting me are the players from the last kill 100 event that only have 5 buildings.

They get the benefit of my gold spending to stay as one of the strongest at my level...

I get to be their cash cow while they camp in my hood, usually hitting my level 10 LTB's within a couple of minutes of them being collectable. Awesome.
    drop some mafia/change name, that's all you can do at this point unless you wanna sell your LTBs..
    Muj- L193 - IPH: 12.2M
    DiENoW - L95 - IPH: 5.1M
    --

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicalmofo View Post
    Bored now.

stop collecting and they cant rob you

I understand where Max's argument was not the most compelling. I would like to give it another shot.

I created my character a LONG time ago. Back when 1.5k x level attack and defense was the standard for a good character. As a result, I am level 209 with stats that any decent gold user could match by level 80 with the current stat inflation. Matching my level 209 with a level 80 may be fair stat wise but I have had an extra 129 levels of building my hood. So where my income is in the millions theirs will be in the hundred thousands MAYBE. So it would serve no purpose for me to rob them back. All my hard work and dedication to improve my iph will just make me a target. This move will only be good for campers. It will really hurt those of us that have been playing the game long term. Thank you for considering my argument.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_pitcher13 View Post
    I understand where Max's argument was not the most compelling. I would like to give it another shot.

I created my character a LONG time ago. Back when 1.5k x level attack and defense was the standard for a good character. As a result, I am level 209 with stats that any decent gold user could match by level 80 with the current stat inflation. Matching my level 209 with a level 80 may be fair stat wise but I have had an extra 129 levels of building my hood. So where my income is in the millions theirs will be in the hundred thousands MAYBE. So it would serve no purpose for me to rob them back. All my hard work and dedication to improve my iph will just make me a target. This move will only be good for campers. It will really hurt those of us that have been playing the game long term. Thank you for considering my argument.
    Very true.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Angry Total BS

I'm stronger than 95% of the people at my level. I've EARNED the privilege of not being robbed/attacked by playing the game well. It's not fair that idiots who don't know how to play the game are able to rob/attack me now. They should have to deal with the consequences of playing the game so poorly that there's no one at their level to rob/attack.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Oh and this especially BS changing this after introducing an 18-hour LTB. How the heck am I supposed to prevent that from being robbed? I need more than 5.9 hours of sleep per day. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this change was coming.
    Last edited by zibby42; 12-23-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Oh god, how I hate my new rival list. For me, it spans 100 levels (though so far I had only a single rival within +/- 5). On the old list, stronger rivals were relatively rare to me. Now all are from 80% to 150% of my strength but with a fraction of my iph. Leaving a link would simply be dumb.

In the past I preferred PvP to summon bosses. Looks like I won't do many bosses this time (Cole Black). And if this rival list does not change soon, I don't really see any point in playing anymore. Any strategy, any stat gain is worth nothing. Hell, even if I would pay tens of thousands bucks to get gold items I wouldn't have better changes against my rivals once the list reloaded -- I would just get different rivals.

Another proof that nobody at Gree really plays the game competitively and understands it's mechanics.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Oh god, how I hate my new rival list. For me, it spans 100 levels (though so far I had only a single rival within +/- 5). On the old list, stronger rivals were relatively rare to me. Now all are from 80% to 150% of my strength but with a fraction of my iph. Leaving a link would simply be dumb.

In the past I preferred PvP to summon bosses. Looks like I won't do many bosses this time (Cole Black). And if this rival list does not change soon, I don't really see any point in playing anymore. Any strategy, any stat gain is worth nothing. Hell, even if I would pay tens of thousands bucks to get gold items I wouldn't have better changes against my rivals once the list reloaded -- I would just get different rivals.

Another proof that nobody at Gree really plays the game competitively and understands it's mechanics.
    My rival list is like this too. Before about 50% of the targets on my list I could attack 20 times 100%, now it's less than 5%. Most of the rivals on my list are so far above my stats I can get maybe 1-2 successful hits out of 20. Might as well not play at this point if I can't find anyone to attack.
    BoB Campers
    lvl 250
    IPH 15.4m
    14.7m/14.3m
    541-934-789