Rivals List - Page 12

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivals List

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Lol the people who see all levels on their rivals list are loving this update. straight up dropping attacks until stamina is out. they like nothing more abusing a dumb feature which allows them to make up for the mistakes they made in leveling too fast in the past.

100% you intentionally gave this update to people who used to attack me all the time this is priceless, now I'm dealing with Top-3 players and old vanquished foes.

"I thought I already killed you?!"

The zombie apocalypse is here.
    Last edited by GucciMane; 12-25-2013 at 07:56 AM.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Lurker
    Post Count

Exclamation Rivals List

The new rivals list hasn't rolled out to me yet, but it has to my wife. She hates it, and from what I've seen of it, so do I. A little bit about us, as our playing styles are quite similar: we have pretty good stats for our level. We are a two person syndicate and just missed finishing in the top 750 in the last war. We only lost one battle out of 23. On the other hand, our IPH's are low for our level. This was part of our strategy--to build conservatively and not erect a lot of high income buildings until we could defend them adequately. However, we have built every LTB over the past few months, starting with Big Top Burlesque. On the surface, you would think that the new rivals list would benefit us, but it really doesn't.

I am lvl 155 and am hardly ever robbed successfully--once or twice a week, tops. My wife is lvl 180, and since the new rivals list hit, she is in a constant back and forth battle. They rob her, she robs them--even if she wins more money, they can make it up in volume. Fights and robberies have lost all meaning.

We feel as many of you do that we have worked very hard (and invested a lot of gold) to become relatively strong for our level and that is now being lost. Crime is all about the strong picking on the weak, and while CC is just a game, it should reflect that reality to some extent.

We both love the game, play it for hours every day, and constantly discuss how to tweak our strategies to make our game play even better. Unfortunately, the strategy we are discussing now is whether we should keep playing if this new rivals list continues to roll forward. I am not a Gree brasher, but I think it WILL say a lot about the company if they continue down this path when the clear consensus among their most devoted players is that the new list will destroy the game as we know it.

I hope they listen to us...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I don't normally chime in on these threads, I prefer to enjoy the reading but you guys "GREE" really need to start brainstorming on the proper technical aspects of the game instead of trying destroy it from within. If you want to draw in more
    revenue listen to the players who offer constructive criticism test it in-house on an isolated server away from us before
    implementing mass changes that screw everyone up. Contrary to popular belief people actual like the core concept of this game but it seems like the direction set for this game is to get people to quit so this game can be scrubbed and
    newer games can be released. Never bite the hand that feeds you. If you guys need a new CEO or president who isn't trying to take your holiday bonus let me know, I'd be happy to step in I'm not GREEDY.

If you all need help with development I know about 10 Air Force guys who do this on the side that could replace about 20 gree employees and save the company 50% in losses. Come on guys really concentrate on one task at a time instead of trying to input more broken ideas into a game that is still broken.

"Just Saying"

Post Count
    we are forgetting something:
    when u could only fight ppl at your level, camping became a good idea... do u get it?! camping? not progressing in the game was a good idea...
    so gree "solved" it with the new rivals list.

where the real solution is like so:
    we should be able to fight anyone that is 5 level above or below us - AND tiers should be cancelled.
    growing level should be a goal to strive to, not something to avoid.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC-syn View Post
    we are forgetting something:
    when u could only fight ppl at your level, camping became a good idea... do u get it?! camping? not progressing in the game was a good idea...
    so gree "solved" it with the new rivals list.

where the real solution is like so:
    we should be able to fight anyone that is 5 level above or below us - AND tiers should be cancelled.
    growing level should be a goal to strive to, not something to avoid.
    What do you mean by "not progressing in the game" ? What is "progress" in a game like this? For me, I'm progressing just fine in my IPH when I'm not constantly getting robbed.

This is not your run of the mill RPG where levels = getting stronger. In games like that, you walk around and such, make decisions, avoid danger, use some element of skill, etc. In this game there is absolutely NO way to defend yourself besides being strong for your level. I can't hide my hood, or play it safe...

This and every other bright idea is either an effort to push everyone away from the game or a way to strategically sap more money out of us players. I would be really interested to know how this new rivals list is considered to be a good idea. I may be in the minority, but I'm done spending a dime because there is no point in it anymore. I'm not angry or bitter about it: actually it's getting comical when I now just log on every now and again to collect robbed buildings and laugh at how inflated these stats get.

When i started playing, 50,000attack meant you were badass. Now, 5million attack means nothing at all. To top that off, now you guys think that taking the one thing spenders had over nonspenders away (stat differential) is gonna encourage them to spend more money? Well, I'm only on these days because of the awesome members of the syndicate I'm in. It's the one thing you guys got right. Probably not on purpose though, the way you all have destroyed every other bit of enjoyment of the game.

Post Count
    Gree don't listen to these people, you MUST open up the Shark Tank to everyone from L1 - 250 NOW

The clock's ticking!
    And i smell gold slipping away from your totally non-obese fingers!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OffensivelyNamedGuy View Post
    What do you mean by "not progressing in the game" ? What is "progress" in a game like this? For me, I'm progressing just fine in my IPH when I'm not constantly getting robbed.

This is not your run of the mill RPG where levels = getting stronger.
    do u agree that growing levels opens new maps, items and buildings for you?
    so this game was based (initially) on "grow levels to get stronger".
    since iph means nothing today (good ONLY for syn bonuses), and new items unlocked at the store are sh*t, and new defense buildings are even sh*ttier - so now u have NO reason to grow level and progress the game.

i would change the whole concept and algorithms of the game in a way that u will be stronger the more you will do missions - and u participate new missions when u grow more levels.
    the whole tiers idea is f*cked up - if YOU and I start playing today, the most logical thing that should happen is that if within a month i'll reach level 40 and you'll reach level 75 then u should have far more attack&defense than i have.
    but this is not the case these days

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC-syn View Post
    do u agree that growing levels opens new maps, items and buildings for you?
    so this game was based (initially) on "grow levels to get stronger".
    since iph means nothing today (good ONLY for syn bonuses), and new items unlocked at the store are sh*t, and new defense buildings are even sh*ttier - so now u have NO reason to grow level and progress the game.

i would change the whole concept and algorithms of the game in a way that u will be stronger the more you will do missions - and u participate new missions when u grow more levels.
    the whole tiers idea is f*cked up - if YOU and I start playing today, the most logical thing that should happen is that if within a month i'll reach level 40 and you'll reach level 75 then u should have far more attack&defense than i have.
    but this is not the case these days
    Well, you just explained to us why this rival list change is bad. You cant just change the rival list and not implement all the other changes you propose, which they won't because it is far too late.

You have a lot of people who cant afford to spend a thousand bucks a month, people that are still important to the game so that the money spenders wtill have people to compete against, and all those people had was IPH and perhaps events. This policy is a great way to get all those people to retire.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Used to get robbed maybe once per week, now I am getting robbed daily. This sh.it really sucks. It does not motivate me to play more Gree......makes me want to throw my hands up and quit.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip99 View Post
    Used to get robbed maybe once per week, now I am getting robbed daily. This sh.it really sucks. It does not motivate me to play more Gree......makes me want to throw my hands up and quit.
    Same here. If I'm just 10 minutes late, my buildings are robbed by people from lvl 80+ to 200+. And I can only see people on the same lvl as me. There is really no point in growing your stats now...

Post Count
    Soooooooooooo, it seems the majority is REALLY diggin this change. It's like wearing sandpaper panties! Ha!

...to someone that knows little about grinding in a game, this may seem like an alright change. Well...uh...it isn't!

Gree, Here's an example (do try to follow): You and a co-worker have been at the same job for two years. You were methodical, worked REALLY hard, and did well...the co-worker was hasty, got everything done as quickly as possible, and did crap work. After two years you made 40k more than your co-worker. How would u feel if one day your boss decided to drum up competition by offering your co-worker a (potentially) large chunk of your additional 40k going forward if he/she started to do better work? Seems fair right? Sure, the turd that made/did less would like it, but would you?

To anyone that thinks this is a rant. It's not. Just reasoning to try and show how the change does FAR more bad than good. Competition is great, but unless you're one of the top 20 players in the game, increasing your stats would lose all value. You'd just open yourself up to a whole new batch of robbers.

Does this model increase or decrease spending in the game? I say roll it out in full force. I'll chuckle when you remove the change later. LOL!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Please open this for everyone, am I going to be the last person to get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by N41LZ View Post
    Gree you have made a big mistake, 1 Uzi should cost 100 Gold, not 5

And the event should be 12 hours only...
    You giving us too much bro, like a restaurant giving out large messy portionsss

Lurker
    Post Count
    In my day job, I deal a lot with appropriate ways for businesses to interact with their customers via social media. I give Gree a lot of credit for setting up this forum and giving us a chance to interact and share strategies and analyses. However, the forum comes with a responsibility (on Gree's part) to listen to what it's customers (I.e., the players) are saying and to respond accordingly. The days are gone when the game manufacturer sets all the rules and the players have to abide by them. When a majority of the players who take the time to respond express their concerns and displeasure with a proposed rule change, it falls to the publisher to take that feedback into consideration.

That consideration could take the form of a rollback, an adjustment, or, at a minimum, a thorough explanation as to why the change is necessary.

If the game publisher ignores the feedback and just plows forward without considering what it's players are saying, it would be better off not having the forum at all. In other words, don't pretend to be listening to us if you're really not.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I'm not one that has the rivals expanded. But man I'd love it. Sure, I'm a gold spender. I wouldn't mind getting smacked by higher levels. As it is, I've been mocking the shark tank for quite some time. Likening it to a pond full of minnows. Now, my stats are a meager 7.5 mil. There are certainly many players with humongous stats that dwarf me. But to be honest, I'm probably one of three players on my level with this high of stats. My rob modifiers are at over 100%. I rob like a madman. I don't let go until someone taps out.

I must say, I've had a recent back and forth with a lovely player who is currently on level 144. Her (redhead avatar, with name starting with an A and ending with at a T) stats skyrocketed and I can no longer hit her. Now I'm dodging her like the plague. That's the fun stuff there. Then there's the crybabies that haven't learned how to drop mafia to avoid the rivals. They're always worth a quick chuckle.

Long story short, open up the levels. I wanna jump in this "shark tank" and show the guppies how to properly rob. I encourage you to come to my "piranha tank".

So for all you fat whales, come at me:
    In game name: Brein aka Sleazy P Martini (yeah, you know who I am)
    Level: 141
    Stats: 7.5 mil
    Iph: 10mil+ iph