Rivals List - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivals List

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    We are striving to make the matches worthy of the name "Rival" and therefore make the experience more fair and engaging for everyone involved.

A new matching system which attempts to take a more accurate approach to rivalry has rolled out to a small percentage of players at random. It's not client platform or version specific.

We will continue to monitor the health and quality of the system via raw data and player feedback while tuning it and rolling it out to more players as confidence levels increase. Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged during this process.

If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing.

Max, we heard you and were compelled by your well-reasoned and level-headed argument.

Initially level wasn't a large component in the new matching system. Within minutes of your post we jumped into action.

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by higher leveled players and instead by other campers in a similar level range.
    I really like this change, just wish that it was available to everyone
    please don't limit the levels... I want to be robbed by higher level players, so I can rob them back.

Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

Lurker
    Post Count
    We are striving to make the matches worthy of the name "Rival" and therefore make the experience more fair and engaging for everyone involved.

A new matching system which attempts to take a more accurate approach to rivalry has rolled out to a small percentage of players at random. It's not client platform or version specific.

We will continue to monitor the health and quality of the system via raw data and player feedback while tuning it and rolling it out to more players as confidence levels increase. Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged during this process.

If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing.

Max, we heard you and were compelled by your well-reasoned and level-headed argument.

Initially level wasn't a large component in the new matching system. Within minutes of your post we jumped into action.

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by higher leveled players and instead by other campers in a similar level range.

I love this response!

Banned
    Post Count
    Unacceptable. So you've once again changed the nature of the game. I have carefully built my income and worked to stay away from folks that can take in game money from me. I deserve that position. You guys are ok with completely messing up the game for folks like myself yet you refuse to update things like defensive buildings, and hood sizes. You've completely negated 2.5 years of hardcore income building and careful methodical leveling. This game will soon become untenable to folks like myself, whom enjoy building a financial empire and defending it from scum.

Tell me this. When will defense buildings and hood sizes be updated and expanded? Defense buildings should at least have 100 times their current defense amount to scale with current stats. When are you going to require income so that everyone can be robbed equally? You've just made me one of the biggest targets in the game as I have nearly 50 million per hour in income. There are maybe 20 other folks in the game around that range, none of which I can attack or defend against. No one at my level has income anywhere near mine. Completely unfair, one sided, and bullsht.

You guys need to match based on INCOME too. Frankly no one at my level would ever be allowed to attack me if you factored income equivalence.

Guess I will prepare to quit. I have a modest 20 billion on hand. Lets see if its all gone in a year. You guys need to put your lousy system back to the way it was, I don't care how fair it is or how many people have quit. Your best fix is to further break the game. Start with defense buildings and hood sizes.

Post Count
    really like this change cant wait to rob ...lvl 250...rivals...good thing so that everyone will be able to make their iph hood and ltb upgrade....rob and get robbed if u are not active.....make it for everyone...

Post Count

This is the most horribly UNFAIR thing you have done yet in regards to game mechanics.

You are punishing people with a high IPH that worked hard to build this achievement. You are forcing them to no longer be able to play the game as it was intended. No more robbing or attacking for them. Anyone with a high IPH will be robbed constantly with no recourse. Are you deliberately trying to ruin the game?

Also, if you can only fight and rob people your own attack level you can no longer blind attack. So you might as well remove that button too.

...its a sad day in CC when the best strategy is to sell all your buildings and become a Lupo
    Last edited by the_dude; 12-19-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Post Count
    I agree with zendfrim and the_dude 100%. Absolutely terrible change. How about you answer tickets and hand out the prizes that teams earned LAST WEEKEND rather than meddle and break the game causing even more issues that will also be left without answers

Post Count
    This new change is terrible in so many ways for the players, but also for Gree. If your rivals is based on atk/def, then please explain me why in the world would someone spend gold to increase their stats? You will just see new people on the rivals list that are AGAIN the same strength. The whole point of improving your stats is gone, it won't benefit you at all.

Me and many others have worked hard to be stronger than your opponents, planning on events and also planning for income, which is now useless, because the game play won't be different now if you f*ck everything up or you try to become the best of your lvl.
    Haven't you heard? About the bird?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
    If your rivals is based on atk/def, then please explain me why in the world would someone spend gold to increase their stats? You will just see new people on the rivals list that are AGAIN the same strength. The whole point of improving your stats is gone, it won't benefit you at all
    Thats a good point. Once this goes into effect, there really isnt any reason to play the game at all anymore. There is no point to getting stronger. And since defense against robs is non existant unless you are twice as strong as your opponent you will always be getting robbed.

Post Count
    Aequitas: hey cj, how u doin?

CJ: ai'mate i'm good, just bothered a little ..

Aequitos: about what?

CJ: crimecity players are having lots of fun!

Aequitos: but i thought they were crying and pissed!

CJ: yea they're but i'm not "that" happy, yet ...

Aequitos: so, what do we do?

CJ: umm let's take the game to a whole new level .. let's just make it ... hell! i want people to bang their heads against some wall or something *gives an evil grin*

Aequitos: eh i understand, who could understand that better than me *devil laughter*

CJ: there's my man!

Aequitos: watch em crying like little babies now *pulls the plug*

Customers: booooooo #&^@%#*& #($*#&^#*$# (&((#**^#*&(& gree

CJ, Aequitos and the whole gang goes laughing and giving high-fives! Yayyyy!! we did it once again!!!

Consistent Contributor Joe bananas's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
    Thats a good point. Once this goes into effect, there really isnt any reason to play the game at all anymore. There is no point to getting stronger. And since defense against robs is non existant unless you are twice as strong as your opponent you will always be getting robbed.
    Ok so we don't need to get stronger anymore, that also means -
    Don't need to level up anymore - I have enough energy and stamina to do nothing.
    There's no need to build an economy anymore - don't need those LTB rewards anymore, thanks.
    Respect points are worth nothing.
    There is no strategy left.
    Please Gree tell us what is left in the game. What is our incentive to play on ??
    Aka Fat Tony
    Aka Rick Grimes
    IPH is all we have left 😕

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
    Agreed.

As Zend has said, defence buildings need to be made worthwhile again. All the old players know the building stats were slashed from what appears on the profiles to a tiny fraction of it because robberies in the early days were so hard to achieve when players were filling their hoods with forests of towers etc. Stat inflation has completely destroyed that rationale so the original stats for buildings need to be restored (and preferably hugely increased).

Secondly, the armies of new players with garbage hoods need to be encouraged to develop their economies. A good way to do that would be to introduce more syndicate bonuses, particularly one to boost energy/health recovery. But it shouldn't be at the expense of players who've worked hard to get a high earning hood. I get attacked a lot by big stat/low income players - when all they could take was a few hundred thousand I didn't really care beyond the annoyance factor, but when Gree bounced the money take up so I now lose millions each time it began to seriously pee me off.

So (i) restore the credibility of defence, (ii) slash money lost to attacks (not robberies) back down to the $30k it used to be, or even less.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Where would one go about providing such feedback please Aequitas? I have plenty of well reasoned and insightful feedback to give but I'm concerned that if I send it to support they'll ignore it for a week then close the ticket without reading it.

"We hope that whatever you wrote to us about has gone away, seeing as we didn't read it. If you're still experiencing the issue please reply to this email and wait another week before receiving a response"...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    to be fair i like the idea of stat based rival list, im gutted i havent got mine yet

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I can understand people’s frustrations with this but being a "random" beneficiary I find it quite fun. It does make it a lot quicker to find a potential target; in fact it now means I have targets to rob as there are not too many decent ones at lvl 150.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I hope you guys aren't thinking of starting another PvP tournament while testing this new feature.... just sayin'....