McGurt: Honesty and Integrity

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McGurt: Honesty and Integrity

Post Count

McGurt: Honesty and Integrity

Announcer: From the fine people who brought you such classics as McGurt Brought the Hurt , TAR & Feathered, Molespec, Just Clowning Around and MOFFO your Money....

We humbly present.... The Highlight Reel

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Click the blue text that reads "Cue Music" for soundtrack. All song available on iTunes

Cue Music

Our story begins in Brazil... After a few months of not knowing what World Domination was all about... McGurt squeaked out a 30th place finish. This effort was led by Augie's Army, Ace Ebb, Patrick, Batum and Baddy.

Cue Music

It was clear to see that gold would be the driving force to results in WD events, so the recruiting of gold players began. There was no better recruiter than Raptor. He worked tirelessly to fill the roster with like-minded players. One such player who joined was Sir Elmo. In Greenland he catapulted us into the top 25.

Our goal moving forward was to be consistent top 25 team. This goal was accomplished in Egypt as well. Finishing in the top 25 a few times helped with recruiting and soon we had players who wished to test the waters in the top 10.

China was the introduction of the Eric and Rage. As well as merging with another top team and gaining monsters such as Paul and KillerM2. In this event, the scores for top 10 skyrocketed as we surprised the established top 10 teams and a new term was coined "Darknessed" (missing top 10 by very small margin). When the dust settled, a 6th place finish was ours and a new era began.

Cue Music

In the Ireland and Colombia campaigns our top 10 finishes continued. Kicking a$$ and taking names along the way. We made a few enemies along the road and our endless fight against h@ckers was about to catch up to us.

Cue Music

After the Colombia campaign we recruited 5 players from the Real MOFFOs. Each had been with them for a few events. The day after they joined McGurt it was brought to our attention they were using a 99% health regen hack. One of our officers Lord Vader sacrificed his account to get all the screen shots needed. He then sent it all to support and self-reported himself. But the damage was done. It was made very clear to us how easily this game could be manipulated. It was posted here and the poster (yours truly) b@nned.

The manner in which it was handled caused quite a stir in the MW community. It was said that several top players from several top 10 teams received large refunds from iTunes, but this is unconfirmed. Our team morale was at an all-time low. From these happenings Slash and Brun was conceived. After another top 10 was secured, several key members left the game completely.

In the Poland we slow played used gold that was held in reserve. Still managing a top 25 finish.

After assurances from Gree that the 99% health regen h@ck was no longer around, we felt more secure in returning to the top 10 in Australia.

Leading up to the Canada event a merge between McGurt and World Wide Warriors was completed. Another top 10 finish was in the books.

This partnership was short lived as the warriors had a Bond and mostly regrouped under a different banner.

Cue Music

McGurt hit the streets again and increased its recruitment efforts, continuing to secure top 10 finishes in India, France and Mexico. But the magic seemed to be gone. The events seemed too many too often. After each event there would be a wave of players retiring and only a few looking to move up.

The streak units added something new for the Italy campaign, but not enough to keep the war machine rolling for long.

In the Netherlands another 7th place finish was secured. But the endless tapping had taken its toll.

The Final Chapter
    Cue Music

The senior officers of McGurt have come to the tough conclusion that it is finally time for us to stop chasing rank and units. We will now play for fun, as most games are designed. I will not go into the large variety of issues that have brought us to this point including issues with the game provider. Instead, we will speak with our wallets. Our final mission is to find great homes for our members who yearn for more. We wish you all the best in and out of game.

I would like to thank all the McGurts past and present, there are too many to name them all but standouts include Eric, Biensoi, Rage, Paul, Wiz, Raptor, Commander Don, 00Donkey, Augie, 00Scoots, YD, Ace Ebberstien, Nashzilla, Phil, Elmo, SMW, Steve, Dani, Chartier, Pronkie, Mini Biencounter, BBJ, & PUGS (human encyclopedia).

Thanks to the squads and players we have had the privilege of working with, including iBOB & Blest, The Unsullied & JB, JHenry, SOF/McGurt2 & Josiah.

To GSF, VFF, Dogs & Gunners: It has been a pleasure working with you all as well as battling head to head. I hope you all continue to accomplish your goals.

To S1: Congratulations on your complete dominance of the game. Speed(b)ump, your time dedication to this game is mind blowing.

Thank you to Funzio/Gree for creating this game that brought us all together.

Cue Music

Curtain softly closes, exit stage left.

Last edited by Durt McGurt; 12-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    McGurt Assisted Living
    I just sh!t my pants. PM for details.

Post Count
    Great piece McGurt
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Post Count
    As always McGurt a Class Act. I've seen more Retire from this game in the last 30 days than all of the other months put together and seeing the folks at Mcgurt go down in the history books is a telling sign. We have all had a wonderful time and i have respect for every member you listed above in your team. I hope that retirement goes on for awhile (no Rage quitting now :P) and we can all relax by the pool and have some drinks remember the days of battle. I'm sure new teams will step up to take the places as the existing top 10 teams tire of the same issues we have all grown weary of.
    VFF Legends

Articulate Author camper killer's Avatar
    Post Count
    I have to say it is a sad day when this team folds shop....

shame on you Gree for letting this happen......

this is one great team and leader that could have helped bring in new customers and help them grow.
    Just a little ole friend with a hockey mask and my lucky machete!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    As always , we are McGurts and we stand tall and proud and full of honour.. My hats off to everyone of you that have served under the McGurt banner under either myself,Bien,Paul or the greatest legend of all, MR MCGURT himself...

Truly Legends to the END.. 👍
    Wiz Mcgurt RIP

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Great choice. Just play for fun. If gree creates a expensive game, we will create a free one.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This is a group that will be missed. The expose was highlight reel worthy. Sad day to see this crew wind down. Good guys all of them.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I am in AFSO, a classy top 25 no hack faction. Feel free to refer anyone to me in Private messages if tehy want a good home with some classy players.

Sad to see you go, but it is becoming the norm quite sadly. Air Force Special Ops has lost a lot of good people in the last bit, luckily the core is still strong...who knows for how long.

Will miss you, and i considered it a badge of honor getting raided by Durt Mcgurt!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Well said sir. I tip my hat to ya and wish you well. I'm sure you're not going to be the last major fraction to reduce spending and I hope the Top 3 can come to an agreement, and stop the ridiculous spending. If this happens, gree will dump the title and this game will return to what I've read that it used to be. An artist's creation that many people had nothing but fun playing. FareWell McGurt! May your name and units forever be a part of what's to come of this game.

Edit: I never got the chance to acknowledge your artistic skills with Photoshop and a camera. Your profile pic is a work of art. I am a hard core enthusiast of photography with 14-300mm 2.8 glass. Very impressive work my friend and I would love to see more.
    Last edited by DTA-HOG; 12-16-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    You can choose to leave or wait until the other event occurs.

Either way, nothing lasts forever.

Post Count
    I would advise all of you to embrace the true Wu!

Use public assistance to fund your game play. Stand in the free video welfare line and you could easily have at least 550 gold per month. 18-20 per day

Don't be tempted by the flash of the well off in the mission and hunts. Be a line squatter. pre-Stage everything and use every second of an event.

Most important maximize selling your food stamps (in game cash) to upgrade LTE buildings to recieve the government hand outs ( indestructible units)

These are just a few of the ways to beat your addiction and stay true to the ways of the Wu!

Disclaimer: I am not a member of McGrut's faction. Just a fan of the clan!

Post Count
    Peace be with you Durt, King of the Mcgurts.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Wow, nothing for us. Shocked and dismayed....

JOIN THE STORIED, BEASTS OF MODERN WAR!

PM NOW FOR DETAILS!

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzol View Post
    Wow, what a load of bollucks. If only everyone playing modern war had such a strategic mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Full FRONTAL?! Must be a different game than I'm playing. Lol

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    Wow, nothing for us. Shocked and dismayed....
    Please......... Are you really that desperate for attention? You got problems son.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DTA-HOG View Post
    Please......... Are you really that desperate for attention? You got problems son.
    Ign please, need to show u some attention.