Future of Kingdom Age - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of Kingdom Age

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Its a shame Gree is so terrible at running their games. When you can get past all of the headaches, frustration, shoddy programming, and awful customer service, they actually quite fun. Or at least they were.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think the signs are there.
    Nearly all events are pay to compete now, the LTQ's have effectively gone.
    A real emphasis is now put upon levelling, be it mini's or mains, pushing you to an end game.
    No mods post on the forum anymore.
    This implies to me a short future for the game; a shame I really enjoyed it for a good while.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Munseyspin View Post
    I think the signs are there.
    Nearly all events are pay to compete now, the LTQ's have effectively gone.
    A real emphasis is now put upon levelling, be it mini's or mains, pushing you to an end game.
    No mods post on the forum anymore.
    This implies to me a short future for the game; a shame I really enjoyed it for a good while.
    The strange thing is that if they wanted to intentionally kill the game, why offer the new option to invite players? Why offer units?

I think we are giving them too much credit. Do you really think Gree has a master plan? They are imbeciles who futz up everything they touch. I think they just fly by the seat of their pants.
    Last edited by E-I; 12-17-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Gree has had cash flow issues for a while now. In cash flow crisis mode, corporations live for the now. What E-I posts is dead on, and the cash flow problems are the cause.

To maximize cash flow you cut expenses and squeeze every value added sale you can. In the end you sacrifice customer service and reduce the value of your product. Of course the game will end, but the habitual nature of the human beast will provide enough inertia to keep the cash flow going for a while. The real question is for each one of us, how much longer will I be squeezed by their value added environment while being ignored by customer service.

I actually spoke with a lawyer about this game, she said that the cost of litigation measured against the likelihood of collecting a settlement would make it very unlikely any law firm would pursue a suit, even class action against Gree. She said if I just wanted to strike at them, just complain to consumer protection division of state attorney generals office. If any stet started to get more than a few similar complaints they would probably act. I think that it's possible enough people do this at some point that some state AG files a complaint and forces the inevitable end to be accelerated.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    No. I don't think they have a master plan. They are just trying to squeeze every last penny out of the game. KA has dropped in the top grossing rankings and will continue to do so. It can't be fixed, new players can't compete and old players will stop spending and/or then stop playing. At the moment the game has turned (even more) into a spend to survive game. A few months ago a light/moderate gemmer could still do well if they played hard and sensibly in a good guild. Now that's simply not possible. Recent events, most noticeably Two consecutive box events with massive stats boosts are changing the playing field. Since the last war I have not levelled up.......there has simply been no reason to play the game.

Post Count
    Simple answer to all of this is to start a new server for a fresh start for everyone BUT keep the old server as well.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Arionek View Post
    Simple answer to all of this is to start a new server for a fresh start for everyone BUT keep the old server as well.
    wont happen, they can afford to spend anymore $$ on a game going down the toilet ! they will put those $$ in other areas.....like their pockets, then pat themselves on the back for a Fantastic job !

Lurker
    Post Count

Don't play

The easiest way to save money is don't pay to play. Not everyone can afford this game. Play for free. It can still be fun and Gree can't hurt you anymore with their gold pushes. Not everyone can be or needs to be the top gun. It's ok just to play and enjoy without feeding into the frenzy. Make Gree back off. Don't buy Gold. There are plenty of other very entertaining games out there. Gree is not the best. The customers quit buying and the company is forced to change or lose everything. All things change, all people die. Find a game that is suitable for you.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you guys all hate the game so much, hold down the icon until it shakes, click the x...

Consistent Contributor Master Stormzs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    So the question still remains : The Future ......i can not understand if so many players are in the mindset that this game will cease then WHY still throw money at it ? Its like beating a dead horse ! the amount of money some players spend on this game just blow me away, why would someone want 50+mil in stats when most are around 10-20mil , i can see no future on levelling up or trying to catch top guild stats unless your rich and dont care about life!
    it will be a sad day from a friends point within this game when it gets shut down, and at the end of this what do you have to show for ALL the money spent ?? a dead horse!
    Damm Ratma, you stole the words from me....but I'd say Gree will come out with a few more (honestly not expecting much) event types designed to induce/lure in more gem spenders. At some point though many of the gem ppl WILL realize your point, although I suspect when it's too late. But Gree may surprise us all and get their act together next year.
    KA Reitred/Quit 4-Feb 2014
    MW Quit 18-Nov 2013
    CC 574-547-566

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    So the question still remains : The Future ......i can not understand if so many players are in the mindset that this game will cease then WHY still throw money at it ? Its like beating a dead horse ! the amount of money some players spend on this game just blow me away, why would someone want 50+mil in stats when most are around 10-20mil , i can see no future on levelling up or trying to catch top guild stats unless your rich and dont care about life!
    it will be a sad day from a friends point within this game when it gets shut down, and at the end of this what do you have to show for ALL the money spent ?? a dead horse!
    50 million? haha I saw someone with 90+ million yesterday! FCK! From that moment I told myself no more gems. LMFAO. Some rich guy can now join the game and spend 100k+ gems on scratch its and be 20+ million in no time. There is probably some level 5 at 5+ million stats. Join FUN/RK for 2-3 wars and get all the boost and be 40+ million at level 40-50. I dont understand why they felt the scratch it prizes should be 500k? That's 3 times better than winning 56 streak unit which IMO is the hardest thing to accomplish in the game. Takes a ton of dedication, strategy and time. Damn scratch its are pure luck. Just throw money at it and hope for 500k unit. Stupid.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    How is that any different than how it was just before the first war? Most of us were under 100k, the big dogs were 2-500k and Thorodin was over 1m. 10x the average, now many of us around 10m and the big dogs are pushing 100m, still 10x. Just some extra zeros

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The only thing I can think of is they don't care about wasting cash. It's all extra cash, or just lose change to them. Or it's people that will buy anything..
    The time I spent in sales we would love people like that, soo gullible you could sell them ice cream to eat, and tell them the cold of the ice cream helps kick in the body's own heating system so it helps keep them warm when it's -20 outside.
    Or on very hot days they need a new sweater for insulation, to keep the cool in and the heat out.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    The only thing I can think of is they don't care about wasting cash. It's all extra cash, or just lose change to them. Or it's people that will buy anything..
    The time I spent in sales we would love people like that, soo gullible you could sell them ice cream to eat, and tell them the cold of the ice cream helps kick in the body's own heating system so it helps keep them warm when it's -20 outside.
    Or on very hot days they need a new sweater for insulation, to keep the cool in and the heat out.
    HAHA , i will take 5 Sweaters and 3 Icecreams to go thanks mate

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaHonu View Post
    50 million? haha I saw someone with 90+ million yesterday! FCK! From that moment I told myself no more gems. LMFAO. Some rich guy can now join the game and spend 100k+ gems on scratch its and be 20+ million in no time. There is probably some level 5 at 5+ million stats. Join FUN/RK for 2-3 wars and get all the boost and be 40+ million at level 40-50. I dont understand why they felt the scratch it prizes should be 500k? That's 3 times better than winning 56 streak unit which IMO is the hardest thing to accomplish in the game. Takes a ton of dedication, strategy and time. Damn scratch its are pure luck. Just throw money at it and hope for 500k unit. Stupid.
    You do realize this is exactly what Gree wants, some rich guy to come in and spend a pike of cash