Is Gree Trying to Kill the Mini?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Gree Trying to Kill the Mini?

Post Count

Lightbulb Is Gree Trying to Kill the Mini?

Minis have propagated like rabbits these last number of months. A huge number of players now have a HLP account and a mini as well. The idea is that the HLP is fun for/able to do some aspects of the game and the mini is fun for/able to do the others. And they buy gems on TWO accounts not just one when they have minis. But recently, Gree has been tweaking events in what appears to me to be a concerted effort to kill the mini, by preventing it from getting units without gaining massive levels:

• This last Epic Boss event had XP so extreme for minis (>200XP per boss in some cases) that it became impossible to even kill even a few bosses without leveling up into the next boss tier. Suddenly, the one thing minis could do on their own to gain stats but not levels has been ruined.
    • No Raid Boss this month at ALL! Combine that with the ludicrous Epic Boss XP and what do you get? Minis that either gain so many levels they are no longer minis, or gain only 7 units at best the ENTIRE cycle between wars.
    • No more Guild Quests. You may have noticed it seems we haven't had one in a few weeks. In fact, it has been 10 weeks since we've had one. Yes, one unit a day for last Epic Boss gLTEs. But what happened to real Guild Quests? The ones that mirror the iLTQs but you collect shards or whatsits for the gLTQ concurrently? It has been 67 days since we've had one of those. My mini's units are so old they are dusty. Plus, those quests are totally fun and I miss them.
    • It has been more than 80 days since an iLTQ had a single weapon or armor in it (I know because that is how long I have had my mini), probably much longer than that in fact. Yes, a mini should not be doing all iLTQs, I know, otherwise it will level too fast. But a mini should be able to do some low-XP very profitable ones like the Autumn Dragon one for example. But they cannot if they are still wearing store-bought weapons and armor when they are 80 days old. And will participate in/buy gems for ZERO iLTQs if they are high XP like the current one.

So my question is this, why is Gree trying to kill the mini? Because to me it is pretty clear they are. I ask because it makes no sense to me. It used to be that players had one game they played. Then, because Gree chose to make the war CP system penalize players for leveling, people started playing two characters. And gemmers like myself, we started buy gems on two devices. Why is this a bad thing to Gree?????

This first Kill 100 Epic Bosses event, no way could I complete without spending way more than I was willing with my main. But I completed that on my mini. By spending gems. Net gain for Gree because I have a mini. This epic boss? Spent not a dime on either. Because still too expensive on my main and to do it on my mini would make it a mini no more. Net LOSS for Gree.

If they continue to try to kill the mini, guess what - every one of us who was buying gems for our mini WILL STOP BUYING GEMS ON A SECOND DEVICE. I suspect Gree is trying to force us to spend more on our main accounts. But it is BACKFIRING and we need to show them that if we want to save the mini. Instead, the accounts we were spending money on for Epic Boss, minis, they are short-sightedly killing those accounts and destroying the profit there were making from them.

Gree, please save the mini. Remove the huge XP penalty on Epic Bosses. Bring back the gLTQ. Have a Raid Boss every cycle. Lower the XP on iLTQs and include weapons & armor again so minis can get anywhere on them. You will get more money from us if you do. Anyone who would spend even a little money on a mini if Gree would allow them to gain stats without excessive leveling, please post in this thread to let them know that by killing the mini, they are killing a source of income. Gree doesn't give a crap how fun the game is, only how much money they make. So let's talk money to them.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 12-15-2013 at 09:04 AM.

All your manor are belong to us.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Zenobia,
    Well articulated and whole heartedly support by me and members of my guild (PLG).
    KA: Ed 567-200-436 and Chris 393-208-916
    People's Liberation Guild.

MW: Chris 734-102-966 and Omega 798-912-577
    Havoc Company - 941417800

Post Count
    Why would GREE do something like that??!?! That does not sound like GREE at all! (Sarcasm)

Post Count
    Also, I want to point out that all these tactics designed to kill the mini? They are also going to discourage any new people from playing the game. Because a new player is the same thing as a mini without a main. And they will never get decent stats per level thanks to these short-sighted, small picture tactics from Gree.

All your manor are belong to us.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It's not that they are killing the mini, it's that they are not letting them catch up and pass long standing members anymore. My character is in the 50s and it has caught and passed players in the 100s. To avoid losing more long standing members, Gree is trying to limit that.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Trust me Krayt,
    Gree is not doing this to "protect" anyone or any player more specifically. They have NEVER acted in the interests of enhancing the game play but rather in increasing dollars spent.
    My biggest beef with their approach is that what they do penalizes players who actually play the game more. The more events, wars, and individual time spent playing the worse an account becomes UNLESS its coupled with throwing obscene amounts of real money into the game.
    They seem to target off game group activity as well which certainly hurts the fun and excitement that leads naturally to spending. They are short sighted. I agree with Zenobia.
    I liked forming coalitions of guilds to cooperate and work together to complete tasks for common goals, but with Gree trying so hard to close every avenue to quest completion except $$$$ they are killing the fun of the game for sure.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Minis have propagated like rabbits these last number of months. A huge number of players now have a HLP account and a mini as well. The idea is that the HLP is fun for/able to do some aspects of the game and the mini is fun for/able to do the others. And they buy gems on TWO accounts not just one when they have minis. But recently, Gree has been tweaking events in what appears to me to be a concerted effort to kill the mini, by preventing it from getting units without gaining massive levels:

• This last Epic Boss event had XP so extreme for minis (>200XP per boss in some cases) that it became impossible to even kill even a few bosses without leveling up into the next boss tier. Suddenly, the one thing minis could do on their own to gain stats but not levels has been ruined.
    • No Raid Boss this month at ALL! Combine that with the ludicrous Epic Boss XP and what do you get? Minis that either gain so many levels they are no longer minis, or gain only 7 units at best the ENTIRE cycle between wars.
    • No more Guild Quests. You may have noticed it seems we haven't had one in a few weeks. In fact, it has been 10 weeks since we've had one. Yes, one unit a day for last Epic Boss gLTEs. But what happened to real Guild Quests? The ones that mirror the iLTQs but you collect shards or whatsits for the gLTQ concurrently? It has been 67 days since we've had one of those. My mini's units are so old they are dusty. Plus, those quests are totally fun and I miss them.
    • It has been more than 80 days since an iLTQ had a single weapon or armor in it (I know because that is how long I have had my mini), probably much longer than that in fact. Yes, a mini should not be doing all iLTQs, I know, otherwise it will level too fast. But a mini should be able to do some low-XP very profitable ones like the Autumn Dragon one for example. But they cannot if they are still wearing store-bought weapons and armor when they are 80 days old. And will participate in/buy gems for ZERO iLTQs if they are high XP like the current one.

So my question is this, why is Gree trying to kill the mini? Because to me it is pretty clear they are. I ask because it makes no sense to me. It used to be that players had one game they played. Then, because Gree chose to make the war CP system penalize players for leveling, people started playing two characters. And gemmers like myself, we started buy gems on two devices. Why is this a bad thing to Gree?????

This first Kill 100 Epic Bosses event, no way could I complete without spending way more than I was willing with my main. But I completed that on my mini. By spending gems. Net gain for Gree because I have a mini. This epic boss? Spent not a dime on either. Because still too expensive on my main and to do it on my mini would make it a mini no more. Net LOSS for Gree.

If they continue to try to kill the mini, guess what - every one of us who was buying gems for our mini WILL STOP BUYING GEMS ON A SECOND DEVICE. I suspect Gree is trying to force us to spend more on our main accounts. But it is BACKFIRING and we need to show them that if we want to save the mini. Instead, the accounts we were spending money on for Epic Boss, minis, they are short-sightedly killing those accounts and destroying the profit there were making from them.

Gree, please save the mini. Remove the huge XP penalty on Epic Bosses. Bring back the gLTQ. Have a Raid Boss every cycle. Lower the XP on iLTQs and include weapons & armor again so minis can get anywhere on them. You will get more money from us if you do. Anyone who would spend even a little money on a mini if Gree would allow them to gain stats without excessive leveling, please post in this thread to let them know that by killing the mini, they are killing a source of income. Gree doesn't give a crap how fun the game is, only how much money they make. So let's talk money to them.
    Zenobia
    One of the best posts I've ever read on here, really well put together and my guild and myself second everything you say. How very true.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I agree on all counts .... there have been so many complaints from HLP's that gree's answer is to crush the LLP's. short sighted ....but what else have we come to expect from Gree? I have no doubt that anyone that has a LLP is completely changing their gameplay to maximize their levels and gaming experience.

You have been around long enough to realize the genius of a player or two and the stupidity of all. There will not be a reduction in gem spending, it's been proven over time and gree knows that.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And there we go again....whilest the answer is easy...No gems next war from all top 20 teams...a gem free war is an illusion, but you can make it happen.

You guys most probably count for 80% of their turnover, you have the power.

But no, you keep complaining on a forum where Gree showed you over the years, they just don't care.

Talk on Kakao, Groupme, form a union or whatever you call it.

And lay this down at Gree.
    First let them listen, then put down your grieves

Sorry to say, but at this moment you are part of the problem, why would they change things for you addicts, who keep spending more, despite what you say?
    Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +23% causality reduction
    +23% health regeneration
    +38 guild member
    +15% energy regen

Spi

my id 494-341-102

our guild : 128-761-840

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Mauler, I am not saying it is Gree protecting players. It's them trying to protect their primary money source. For Gree there is no reason to support new starting out characters because the main source of income is those in the top guilds. Events now are focused on them finishing and trying to complete in order to compete with one another. So Wars and box events are the main focus because of the rewards and the money spent to achieve them. For Gree there is no reason to put out weapons anymore because the money players don't need it.

I am not saying what is right or wrong, just my perception

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Gree, please save the mini.
    Gree simply needs to make the game appeal to new players... events may be difficult for Minis, but what about new players? Those Minis are ran by experienced players... Imagine walking through the door of this game and trying to gain stats without the help of some high end guild, friends or Gems... Impossible.

Just something to think about.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sirmanchoo View Post
    Gree simply needs to make the game appeal to new players... events may be difficult for Minis, but what about new players? Those Minis are ran by experienced players... Imagine walking through the door of this game and trying to gain stats without the help of some high end guild, friends or Gems... Impossible.

Just something to think about.
    That is what I was going to say, but you said it so no point of me saying it. So just +1

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    That's the thing, I don't think that Gree is concerned new players because that's an unknown cash factor. Gree wants to focus and what is guaranteed and not what might be. This game isn't designed for new players, once stat inflation came in. You can build a character from new now, but it all depends on what you want to do it. It means being picky

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    1) Minis are strategies. Gree don't like strategies. Why don't u hold ur mini until a suitable event appear?
    2) I'm just guessing the revenue from raid boss is dropping, there are only a few guilds who want to complete it now. They won't remove it because they still can generate some penny
    3) guild quests are the worst source of revenue, all the top guilds are using strategies to complete it, no pt having it. Incompetent guilds are just doing it for leisure
    4) iLTQs with weapons and armors. Tbh does this make money when the energy glitch is around? Maybe they will put back, idk cuz it doesn't has a gd revenue record

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    All great points Peacock...

Minis can still be developed, you just have to be smart. The real loser is the new player because without connections off the bat you are digging a hole that you won't get out of... I am glad I have two devices because I was able to create a second character once I learned how to play and found a great home