So Glad my faction are not high profile enough to be used.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Glad my faction are not high profile enough to be used.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

So Glad my faction are not high profile enough to be used.

I remember an honourable man called Devlin who was horrified that his name was being used to encourage players to spend more on this game.
    I wonder how the current crop of faction members and leaders feel that they are being honoured in this way?
    I would add congrats on being recognised by GREE, but I'd feel very uneasy about impressionable players feeling they have to support their faction as it's named,or hoping their faction will be mentioned one day and therefore spending way more than they normally would.
    I feel very uneasy about this type of game promotion and will be sitting this one out.

Merry Christmas to all MW players.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't think anyone takes the game that seriously. It's just a little respect given to the top factions, which I think is deserved. Although it would have been better served using the top10 from last war IMO.

You're entitled to your opinion, but that isn't why we did that. We would have had an LTQ in any case, but it's our two year anniversary. We wanted to recognize some people who had been or still currently are part of the game's history, or helped form/ support the game community, or who helped sort out major bugs (without a couple of people on that list, we would probably STILL have the ghost faction issue). A good number of these people don't play anymore, and some of these factions morphed or broke up or no longer exist.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It's a nice tribute. I'm sure they appreciate it.

Post Count
    I know this is off subject and I apologize for that upfront. CJ I have sent in 2 separate tickets about Gold.

When spending gold to replenish energy it will some time give between 545 and 645 energy points instead of the usually 1000 points.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ok thanks for your reply. I'll take what you say at face value and hope that is the reason.

Post Count
    vegaman, I would have to disagree with you. I think it was a good gesture that Gree decided to pay a little tribute to their loyal players and factions. They have to constantly come up with new events and name them somehow anyway. So why not use something that is more relatable...

I'm in a top 150, so I'm not in any of these factions so I don't have a personal claim. However if my faction name was used in an event such as this I wouldn't find it insulting.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How did you decide what factions to use cj?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
    How did you decide what factions to use cj?
    Dude he just said... They were their from the beginning. Some aren't even together anymore. They are expressing their consideration to the ones that have been here the longest in celebration of the 2yr anniversary

Post Count
    I'm fine with it, kinda nice seeing the old faction names again. I had to explain who PUN was the other day, lol. Thx CJ

Post Count
    And me!

I'm important!
    But there are many more important people.
    The McGurt Marauder 700/85
    The JB Jetliner 47/6000
    The TrueGemini Tactical Tank (+1 damage for every ally of owner)
    The Riptide Riddler (Skill Points x 1.05)
    The McDoc Anti-Personnel Mine (owner brings three less allies to battle)
    The Ferrmenter (2000/3000, +10%iph boost)
    And the Flancraft Carrier needs a revamp.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

We missed a couple of people due to oversight (most glaringly Rud. I apologize, that was my fault when I was editing the list last week) and having too many people that we wanted to include, so we may very well do something like this again. A lot of people have done things that made the game/community better (many of whom we likely don't even know about yet).

Quote Originally Posted by DTA-HOG View Post
    Dude he just said... They were their from the beginning. Some aren't even together anymore. They are expressing their consideration to the ones that have been here the longest in celebration of the 2yr anniversary
    Every named faction has been in the top 10 at least once (we would have widened that a little, but it was already a fair number of factions). In cases where it was a name change instead of a total reformation or mashup faction, we only used one of the names (either the new one or the old one).

In some cases for players, we used their forum name or their in-game name or in at least one case an old in-game name.
    Last edited by CJ54; 12-14-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I get what y'all did...but the moffo? That isn't in remembrance of the real moffos is it? The hacker faction that was disbanded? Or was that the mofos? Geez. I cant remember.

Post Count
    Big time on rud,

Cj54, I'm gonna send you a quick pm. Please consider it.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Quote Originally Posted by CJ D View Post
    I get what y'all did...but the moffo? That isn't in remembrance of the real moffos is it? The hacker faction that was disbanded? Or was that the mofos? Geez. I cant remember.
    I did just admit to a clerical error on my part while editing the initial list >.<