Gold as a prize for battle placement? Thoughts?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gold as a prize for battle placement? Thoughts?

Post Count

Gold as a prize for battle placement? Thoughts?

CC peeps, CJ, and A & f...

What are your thoughts on offering gold (per person) as a reward for team battle placement?

1st = 2000 (per person for all) // 2nd = 1500 // 3rd = 1250 // top 10 = 1000 // top 25 = 750 // etc.....

It gives back to those that spend the most, it costs nothing, and it would most likely generate additional revenue. Teams may use more gold to get to a tier if there is a possible payback. Crime City dividends!

Good idea? Or bad idea?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Sounds alot like buying a lottery ticket for $100, where the top prize is $20.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    i wouldnt like that system. DL's have an advantage. I would prefer RP, even however useless it may be, as a prize. leave the gold to the spenders. no need to give non gold spenders a taste of the power.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by StrettyKid View Post
    Sounds alot like buying a lottery ticket for $100, where the top prize is $20.
    Agreed - Seems a little pointless really. Who's honestly going to spend a vault to have a chance of winning a vault?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    top 1000 teams (and lower even) would benifit from this since they're probably not spending any gold.

Post Count
    Its just an added prize, not that bad of an idea for us top 250/400 people down here..
    But maybe good cash rewards would be better?
    Muj- L193 - IPH: 12.2M
    DiENoW - L95 - IPH: 5.1M
    --

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I agree gold is not the best alternative. I think better rewards are esthetic rewards like new avatar, buildings, clothing, or even decorations. They are good for show off and don't contribute to the crazy inflation and huge stat gap
    KA : 258-880-514
    MW : 130-331-621
    CC : 873-367-573

Post Count
    Free gold = good gold. I like it. Ofc the stat/mod prizes should also be awarded so you don't get just gold. That would just be plain stupid.

Post Count
    spend gold to get gold......interesting? ........ or how about a gold mod as a prize?...get 10% extra gold for life....a lot of folks would fight for that!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post
    i wouldnt like that system. DL's have an advantage. I would prefer RP, even however useless it may be, as a prize. leave the gold to the spenders. no need to give non gold spenders a taste of the power.
    Most people have millions of RP with nothing to buy. DLs would have no advantage. It would be based on team placement. Prizes/item rewards would stay the same as they are now for battles. The gold would just be in addition. Extremely Low placing syndicates would get little or nothing, so there should be little effect.

Quote Originally Posted by cynicalmofo View Post
    Agreed - Seems a little pointless really. Who's honestly going to spend a vault to have a chance of winning a vault?
    It wouldn't be a chance. You'd get X gold plus the stat/item based on where your syn finished. It's just a way for everyone to have a dividend paid back per say without the need to spend $500+ to qualify for a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Laelia View Post
    spend gold to get gold......interesting? ........ or how about a gold mod as a prize?...get 10% extra gold for life....a lot of folks would fight for that!
    I like the idea!