Skill point reset ! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skill point reset !

Post Count
    Your max energy is capped at a ways lower point then your 35k. Some napkin math: 300 level x 3 skill points x 10 energy = 9k energy. A energy refill will give you 1k regardless of max energy. So basically you get 9k at 50gold while standard refills woudl cost you 180 and this is the most extreme example for a level 300 guy. Overall not that much of an issue.

Post Count
    What is the max energy you top at?

That math is correct. maps as well offer an additional 64 skill points x 10 energy is only an additional 640 energy.

But Seven, your right. Actually looking at the math involved, it doesnt look like that significant of a difference. Just seems like it would impact LTQs differently for some people.

I still agree though that there should be some sort of re-allocation process though. I would follow What? and add more to stamina.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Post Count
    Well when you think that there is roughly around 25 separate talents in DR compared to 4 here, with only 2 of the 4 being useful, what is the point? I think the better way to go round this is to add many more skills to help you out, so we have about 20 in total say.

Some of these skills will be lots more powerful than others, but will also take lots more skill points. The skills points needed could range from 1-10 for a single point on a skill and this would add a lot more strategy to the game. E.G - You have 10 skill points available, do you spend all 10 at 1 a piece on extra energy in total, or do you spend all 10 in one go for an extra 2% building output? More talents in this way could change the way we play this game completely adding strategy and more of a will to level up again as we all know how terrible it is.

Here are a few examples of what new talents could be (Skill points needed in brackets)
    2% extra building output (10)
    2% extra Infantry, Ground, Air or Sea attack (8)
    2% extra Infantry, Ground, Air or Sea defence (8)
    1% less epic boss health (10)
    1% quicker health regen (5)
    1% building cost reduction (5)
    1% building/upgrading time reduction (5)
    1% extra average WD points (3)

Each skill would have a maximum of 10 on it so it doesn't cause major overuse.

That could be an example of new skills, and they're amount of points is ranged on how much of an affect they would give the specificated player. I don't know if this is a good idea or not but I'd like to hear feedback please as this could be a major game changer.

-Elmo
    Last edited by droffatsto50; 12-13-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    Back again, but now i'm not playing as much

Post Count
    I hear what your saying Sgt Rud i guess i was mainly just looking at a 50 points for 1 time use. (once you reset your not allowed to do it again for 50 gold for say another 6 months) that prevents people from exploiting the reset.

At the same time perhaps it changes the strategy a bit? Maybe it helps out HLP's who in some events have a disadvantage while in others have an advantage? Not saying that's the way to go just saying with the skew of things maybe its not bad either. (Although the one thing i do like about LTQ is we tend to all play on the same field...once you have 1k energy) yes some have higher regen rate...but that's only going to save you a fraction of gold in these events that cost so much energy.

Finally I love droffatsto50's Idea (Elmo) on completely revamping the skill points. They are rather boring...Basically you have Stamina and Energy....not much of a strategy there....get 50 stamina and then put the rest into energy....done.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Animal is Correct Gree nerfed both the Attack and Defense Skill points to combat Skill point Hackers.

Because of this i think that Gree should offer anyone the ability to reset their skill points for say 50 gold just as they do with name changes and flag changes. If the skill points worked that would be one thing....but they don't. Is it the players fault that gree changed how the mechanics work? NO

Note: I'm one of the lucky ones and have very few points invested into either of those categories...but i also believe in fair rules for all players.
    aGREED! My LLP has used VERY few skill points and still beats stronger opponents on raids and loses only to people who are 20% stronger or more on average.

My LLP

Post Count
    ^^ I can't remember for the LIFE of me how to embed images here ^^

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    ^^ I can't remember for the LIFE of me how to embed images here ^^
    makes 2 of us..evertime i try to put one up it wil say its not a jpeg.image

Post Count
    maybe the game dev's started moonlighting on forum dev.

Post Count
    Completely agree Thief. HLPs should get a little bit more of an advantage somewhere, especially with this Army of LLPs that will more than likely be coming through the levels in the next few months as boss strength continues to become an issue for some of them.

I also agree with droffatsto50. However, These bonuses are already found spread throughout the choosable nations, faction bonuses, and boost buildings. If Gree were to create new bonuses to allocate skill points to, it should be something that you couldnt get else where. IMO. He had two up there that would be decent choices.

But trying to figure out where selectable bonuses and boosts are rooted from is a whole different discussion altogether. I certainly have different opinions than most players over that topic.

But I think the basic idea here is that players would like to re-allocate skill points, more choices on where to put skill points, and the desire that the atk/def skill points worked correctly.

Pertaining to the atk/def slots. Maybe in your profile you could see how much your stats would swing could be useful, or a block in the MW help tab that told you the % swing a skill point made in your stats, so you could to the math yourself.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Skill point reallocation used to be a feature... I don't even know why they removed it

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iZheil9152 View Post
    Skill point reallocation used to be a feature... I don't even know why they removed it
    I'm not sure which game you confused this with, but never in the history of MW has SKILL POINT reallocation been a supported feature. Now, hacks...that's an altogether different conversation...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    I'm not sure which game you confused this with, but never in the history of MW has SKILL POINT reallocation been a supported feature. Now, hacks...that's an altogether different conversation...
    It has been a feature!
    It was either after the release of the game or a short lived feature in the middle. I remember paying gold and it gave me all of my skill points back (iPad)

I distinctly remember it because it was the first thing I ever "purchased" in the game
    Last edited by iZheil9152; 12-13-2013 at 11:44 AM.

If we were to design Modern War (or CC for that matter) from the ground up at this point, we would definitely have a more robust skill system in place along the lines of some ideas in this thread.

Fwiw, we've discussed skill resets for pretty much forever, since before the mobile version of Crime City even (there was a time two years ago when the majority of our tickets were requests for skill point resets). We've never been able to reach an internal consensus on a way to do it that wouldn't also require some significant rebalancing and design changes.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    If we were to design Modern War (or CC for that matter) from the ground up at this point, we would definitely have a more robust skill system in place along the lines of some ideas in this thread.

Fwiw, we've discussed skill resets for pretty much forever, since before the mobile version of Crime City even (there was a time two years ago when the majority of our tickets were requests for skill point resets). We've never been able to reach an internal consensus on a way to do it that wouldn't also require some significant rebalancing and design changes.
    Would you be able to tell us any other ideas you guys have been kicking around that have never really gotten off the ground.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rud View Post
    Would you be able to tell us any other ideas you guys have been kicking around that have never really gotten off the ground.
    Oh please no, please just no...
    Back again, but now i'm not playing as much