Two-Year Anniversary Community Event!! - Page 19

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Two-Year Anniversary Community Event!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Like I said, that God of War guy in kill yo self is awesome

Consistent Contributor RALK3212421's Avatar
    Post Count
    My nomination = Pete 410-187-415
    Why? Pete has been a friend of mine in this game for sometime now. He's always willing to go the extra mile for a faction or a friend. He ensures people of his faction are doing what is most important...having fun. Despite having a family of his own, he treats all of his MW friends just like family and is willing to help anyone regardless of the situation. I've been a teammate of his numerous times, and seen him pick up another players slack of WD requirement points, cash donations, bricks, etc just to keep the TEAM together. He is a strategist of the game, and a person I look to when I need help or have questions...and he answers them even if we are not on the same team any longer. He has played the game the right way, for a long time.

He may not be as decorated like some of the other nominees, but I truly think he should be rewarded with something. Thank you for your consideration!
    Last edited by RALK3212421; 12-23-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Consistent Contributor solo.modernwar's Avatar
    Post Count
    Just like shopping on Christmas Eve, I may as well get this in on the last day of the deadline... haha... I'm such a procrastinator!

Perhaps not so much as procrastination, but a difficult choice to nominate a 3rd candidate. So for my first nomination, I would like to nominate Thief (in-game name of "Thief" as well as forum name). I have known and played off and on alongside him since the Greenland campaign. He's been my leader, and he's been my teammate... but most notably, he's been a great Modern War friend who has provided some incredibly insightful and useful information to not only myself and our teammates, but to the Modern War community as well. It is not surprising to see Thief mentioned so often and spoken of so highly. I have spoken with him often and he always has a genuine interest in fairness and equity. To me, his name is synonymous with Modern War and great game play.

My second nomination goes to McDoc (in-game name of "McDoc" and same forum name). Another teammate and former leader of mine, and we've enjoyed the company of playing alongside one another in many, many campaigns starting since Greenland and up to Mexico (that's a whole lot of wars!). What makes McDoc special is that he had the foresight to push together the inter-team format of the VFF family, and ultimately, the shared communications and team play partnership that is still in use today, in philosophy and actual play. He has also been a forum diplomat on many, many occasions. I value his tenure and his insight on many things related to not only Modern War, but to game play itself.

There are just too many great contributors to both the forum and the game itself, but Honorable mentions to Khimsoo, Miner, Copenhagen, Vballmadam, Hivesy, Sgt Rud, Durt McGurt, Maverick, MickyMac, mxz, Thunder Child, and D (in-game name of "D"... I have his alliance number if needed because there's a lot of D's out there!). Best of luck to you all and thank you for keeping this game fun.
    Last edited by solo.modernwar; 12-24-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    See details about God of War on the 1-3 page

Lurker
    Post Count

Thumbs up My nomination

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all,

This December marks the second anniversary of Modern War. As part of the celebration for this, we are holding a special community event to recognize players that have gone above and beyond in the game or the community. Here's how it works:

What we would like you to do is nominate another player or forum member who you feel has gone above and beyond for you, or for your faction, or for other players in general, and we would like you to tell us the details. Out of all nominations, the MW team will select 10 winners and 5 honorable mentions to be given an awesome in-game prize as recognition for their efforts to the game and/or other players. The top 10 will get a special unique prize.

Some examples of why you would nominate someone:

• A faction leader or officer without whom your faction would not have placed in a WD event.

• A forum member or player who has constantly given good advice or collected valuable information for other players.

• Someone you met through the game who has helped you greatly, or made a serious difference in your own play or life.

Those are just examples though. If you can think of someone who deserves an award, tell us, and tell us why. This contest will be open until December 24th, so make sure you put your nomination in before then. Winners will be decided, announced and awarded at the end of the month.

Additional Rules:

1: Nominations need to go in this forum thread as replies; anyone with nominations or questions about the event sent in through other channels will be redirected here.

2: Please do not nominate yourself. That will result in a disqualification.

3: Please mention the player's in-game name or forum handle so that we can locate them in the system.

4: Please give us as much detail as possible on why you think this person deserves an award.

5: We reserve the right to increase the number of honorable mentions depending on the number and quality of the nominations. The Top 10 will still get an exclusive grand prize though.

6: You can nominate up to three different people.

7: Multiple nominations from different don't give multiple chances to win, but they may get our attention.

8: Please don't be rude about anyone else's nomination choice.

Further edits/details:

We'll consider anyone who is nominated, without any personal bias. A number of really awesome, helpful people have had occasional run-ins or disagreements with the forum or in-game team members (it happens when people are passionate about something) and we won't hold that against anyone (we don't ever anyway, but I wanted that stated for the record). This is for you guys to give shout-outs to who YOU think is awesome.
    My nomination is going to be the plain old truth. I nominate my brother Steelerscd to win.
    I nominate him because I got him interested I the game and I want to help him out by winning a nice unit in the game. That's the truth. It's not that he gives it his best and always reading the forums to lean more about the events, or, that when it's "war weekend" as I call it, he only gets about 3 hours of sleep. Which is also true. It's about his little brother giving him a Christmas present that no one else can give him except all of you that vote for him.
    That is why I nominate him. Thank you and have a safe holiday

Post Count
    I know it's getting late, but it's still the 24th, so... Merry Christmas Eve!

It's very hard to narrow to only three, considering all the meaningful help and guidance I've gotten over the last six months, but I'll try...

First, I nominate Camper Killer (Poopenshire) because he helped me personally when I was just starting out and pointed me in the right direction to finding a great team of people to play with. Also, he continues to be available to answer questions and help us understand the game better and find success. He is a really great human being who was willing to answer a total stranger and noob who desperately needed guidance to make the game fun with a lengthy, detailed reply, and as I've gotten to know him better since then I just have even more respect and appreciation for him. He probably doesn't even remember the first PM he answered to me, but he had no reason or personal motivation to have to answer me, a brand new player and total stranger, other than simple kindness. That deserves recognition.

Second, I nominate Joker of SUP. He has been a great friend to our faction, giving of his time to give us advice, help us grow, and keep us pointing in the right direction, as well as, I'm sure, having more than a small part in our faction being nominated to receive a good chunk of Bad Santa cash. You have become a well respected friend. Thank you, sir!

Third, and certainly not in that order, I nominate TEQUILA DUDE of Navy SEALs I. He is the rallying cry in our faction, always first to put his boots on the ground, and last to pull them off. He's one of the many up at 2, 3, and 4 am to make sure the battles are succeeding, but he's the one who can motivate the entire team to action with a seemingly simple post of just one word... TEQUILA!! When we are in a tight spot, he's the first one to open his wallet and make it happen when it otherwise would not have, and always without mentioning it or begrudging it - but his points show it.

The truth is, Navy SEALs is an amazing team, nay, family, of great people, and I rely on each one of them every day. They all have my back, and I have theirs, so it's very hard to not be able to nominate several other key people without whom the team wouldn't be the family it is. They are the real reason I continue to play the game. I have made solid friends there, and believe we'll stay friends long after this game. I really wish I could nominate the entire core of officers, because every one of them make the team what it is.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Little late, but God of War still has my vote, on page 1-3

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    CJ, I nominate all former Emperors. In those days each of them continuously fought hopeless battles against far superior forces. They did this in hardship but more importantly with pride, with a distinct set of values and in great friendship. They wont need your prize as they are Emperors but still I love them hence I nominate them.
    Yours,
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

I vote for ME and Myself and I....

I know that's against the rules...but it's only man made rules and they can be broken and changed to whatever we like ...anyway enjoy your holidays ...

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    I would nominate 1. Oakletixfan and 2. Ferr
    1 he is just Awesome a great guy and he always helped me
    2 he is just a great guy
    Knights and Dragons
    Name: BlackForest
    Guild: N/A

Lurker
    Post Count

Contest

I know this I slated as it was not well known about in my circle, bug I would like to nominate a good friend, strong ally and great leader. He has always helped look out for our faction and members even while not in our faction. He had his iPad and iPhone stolen along with his car and went through a living you know what to get back online. It took him 2 months to get his accounts back up and running, then went into overtime to get caught up on his stats. If anyone deserves to be recognized, it is him. His game name is ntrr. I can provide his number if needed.

I know it is a late entry but please consider an exception for him.

Thank you

Lurker
    Post Count

My nominee

He has helped our faction grow stronger in a lot of aspics.helped in finishing faction events,organized our faction,was responsible for recruiting and come a long way in the last few months.
    Bullski from the department of war faction.

Post Count
    CJ..I think some strong women like Panzer and myself should be recognized for dominating in this man's world...lol

We seem to go unnoticed .....yet aren't all women the backbone to every good man?
    Last edited by Vballmadam; 12-29-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    Founding Member of the First Annual So Cal Forum Bash

"Destiny has 2 ways of crushing us...by refusing our wishes...and by fulfilling them."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vballmadam View Post
    CJ..I think some strong women like Panzer and myself should be nominated for dominating in this man's world...lol

We seem to go unnoticed often yet aren't all women the backbone to every good man?
    I can vouch for Ms Smith. Long time ago she was, as short a period as it was, my beloved wife. As to you Vball, you have always called the shots. At one time i had hoped that an organised mighty womensclub would have alligned with ........ Well, that is all history. I am getting old.
    Yours,
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    I can vouch for Ms Smith. Long time ago she was, as short a period as it was, my beloved wife. As to you Vball, you have always called the shots. At one time i had hoped that an organised mighty womensclub would have alligned with ........ Well, that is all history. I am getting old.
    Yours,
    Lol...I am old!!! I miss you...how have you been!

Not enough strong women in the game to even consider making a team!

To be honest...it's more fun to mix testosterone with estrogen....lol....xoxo
    Last edited by Vballmadam; 12-29-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Founding Member of the First Annual So Cal Forum Bash

"Destiny has 2 ways of crushing us...by refusing our wishes...and by fulfilling them."
    Henri Frederic Amiel