Two-Year Anniversary Community Event!!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Two-Year Anniversary Community Event!!

Two-Year Anniversary Community Event!!

Hey all,

This December marks the second anniversary of Modern War. As part of the celebration for this, we are holding a special community event to recognize players that have gone above and beyond in the game or the community. Here's how it works:

What we would like you to do is nominate another player or forum member who you feel has gone above and beyond for you, or for your faction, or for other players in general, and we would like you to tell us the details. Out of all nominations, the MW team will select 10 winners and 5 honorable mentions to be given an awesome in-game prize as recognition for their efforts to the game and/or other players. The top 10 will get a special unique prize.

Some examples of why you would nominate someone:

• A faction leader or officer without whom your faction would not have placed in a WD event.

• A forum member or player who has constantly given good advice or collected valuable information for other players.

• Someone you met through the game who has helped you greatly, or made a serious difference in your own play or life.

Those are just examples though. If you can think of someone who deserves an award, tell us, and tell us why. This contest will be open until December 24th, so make sure you put your nomination in before then. Winners will be decided, announced and awarded at the end of the month.

Additional Rules:

1: Nominations need to go in this forum thread as replies; anyone with nominations or questions about the event sent in through other channels will be redirected here.

2: Please do not nominate yourself. That will result in a disqualification.

3: Please mention the player's in-game name or forum handle so that we can locate them in the system.

4: Please give us as much detail as possible on why you think this person deserves an award.

5: We reserve the right to increase the number of honorable mentions depending on the number and quality of the nominations. The Top 10 will still get an exclusive grand prize though.

6: You can nominate up to three different people.

7: Multiple nominations from different don't give multiple chances to win, but they may get our attention.

8: Please don't be rude about anyone else's nomination choice.

Further edits/details:

We'll consider anyone who is nominated, without any personal bias. A number of really awesome, helpful people have had occasional run-ins or disagreements with the forum or in-game team members (it happens when people are passionate about something) and we won't hold that against anyone (we don't ever anyway, but I wanted that stated for the record). This is for you guys to give shout-outs to who YOU think is awesome.
    Last edited by CJ54; 12-10-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Post Count
    Is it okay to bribe people............................Jk. In all seriousness, Thank You CJ54 for organizing an event in honor of the second anniversary.

1. Thief-I have relied greatly on all the helpful walkthroughs, and boss info's that Thief has supplied over the past year. In Honor of Thief, he recieves my first nomination. Thank You.

2. Ploop-He is one of tho oldest and wisest of the forum members that is still around. I have learned many things that have helped me move forward in this game from him. In honor of ploop, he recieves my second nomination. Thank You

3. Chuck Norris

Last edited by DaBoss!; 12-14-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Join P.O.T.....Growing and making waves.....Top250-400 Faction.......

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Thanks for doing this !!!

I nominate....

DaBoss!- he always has something to say and always makes me laugh, even on a bad day. I can't stop laughing at some of his posts. he is wise and has constructive comments to everything

Thief- He makes the boss tracker which is really helpful, and gives good advice to everybody, which is really helpful to me

Richard- His forum account is Richard79. He was an officer in our old faction and always took priority in helping. Our faction broke up and with most of our old team, he got them together. He helps everybody. He is a good role model!
    Last edited by ploop; 12-11-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss! View Post
    Is it okay to bribe people............................Jk. In all seriousness, Thank YOur CJ54 for organizing an event in honor of the second anniversary.
    We'll have some other things going on, but we wanted to do something community-oriented as well. A lot of crazy and awesome things have happened in the last two years.

Post Count
    CJ54 EDIT: Actually just changed it, since we were discussing the same thing over here. It's up to 3.

There's your answer
    Last edited by CJ54; 12-10-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Join P.O.T.....Growing and making waves.....Top250-400 Faction.......

Quote Originally Posted by ploop View Post
    Thanks for doing this CJ! Are we allowed to nominate more than one person?

I nominate....(until CJ answers question)
    We were going with no, but I just opened it to up to three nominations from each person. I just didn't want people coming in and nominating their entire faction, but a few people is okay.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    For me it's obvious... It's about time "Thief" was rewarded for all the useful threads he has made, so that would be my vote.
    Second vote would be for Dutchie, good luck.
    Last edited by Brizzol; 12-10-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Post Count
    I hereby nominate unicorn man. He's the best. Without him, the forum just wouldn't be "colorful" enough to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzol View Post
    For me it's obvious... It's about time "Thief" was rewarded for all the useful threads he has made, so that would be my vote.
    Second vote would be for Dutchie, good luck.
    Same reason for Dutchie as for Thief? (Give us details! We like details!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fl@sh View Post
    I hereby nominate unicorn man. He's the best. Without him, the forum just wouldn't be "colorful" enough to visit.

Seriously guys, prizes are going to be good (I'll have details on that later). Nominate people who really deserve it (yes, I know, unicorn guy deserves it, but I can't give him a prize. He already wins the internet anyway).

Post Count

I nominate Commander Boom Boom

I started playing from the very beginning. I didn't join PUN. I stayed neutral and over the past few years Commander Boom Boom has been as solid as they come. He has always helped others teaching them how to play and despite numerous rivalries going back to the ManBearPig Royal Navy days, he has always been an honorable player. He is looked up to by many and sets a great example of how to play this games while having fun!

I'm sure nominating a SUP player will create some controversy but you must admit he is a great guy and his dedication and behavior sets a standard for others to follow.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I nominate God of War, he is an awesome faction leader and has made a lot of contributions (before we found passionate players):

In Sands of Time:

In BowBow Republic:
    Quote Originally Posted by GEMH View Post
    117 BowBow Republic 2608639
    ^^He contributed most of those points by himself^^

In our LLP Faction:

In KYS:
    Not there to see it, but I bet he is being awesome there too

IRL:
    He is very helpful, willing to spend the gold to complete a FLTQ for all of us, and is a good friend.

I would also nominate Thief and SGT Rud, for their informational contributions here on the forums (you know what they are)
    Last edited by iZheil9152; 12-11-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

If I weren't stolen

Then I suppose, Thief wouldn't have done his job.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I would like to nominate my buddy DCB. He doesn't post in the forums but has guided me from the start. He has helped me build my IPH and showed me how to keep my level low but yet still perform and help my faction. With out his guidance I would be an underdog instead of a bulldog. I'm no where never the biggest fish in the pond but with DCB's help I can hold my own.

DCB has been one of the officers of a pretty good faction and he lets me in when there are great events going on. I'm part of his faction chat room and I see him helping everyone and going out of his way to find answers for everyone. He takes all the new players in his faction under his wing to make them feel like they are truly part of something more than just a game on a device.

Lurker
    Post Count

Nomination

I'm nominating a couple of players.

1. Toidrage
    He's one of my faction mates and one of the finest officers in the game. He recruited me a few months ago, back when I was just a level 20 greenhorn. He has helped me learn the ins and outs of the game, and has always been a steady, patient voice during times of uncertainty. Thanks to his willingness to give me a chance to learn and grow, I am now one of our faction's top players.

2. Baja Chris
    He's my faction's leader and one of the true OG's of the game. He built our top 500 guild from the ground up, starting back when factions first became available. He's a no-nonsense, intensely loyal brother who I thoroughly enjoy fighting alongside of. He's a 2 year veteran of Modern War, and a true grinder.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Nominate Black Dragon

I nominate Black Dragon. She had been a member of the Dogs of War since inception. Her courageous onslaught of the coup on the dogs last month which resulted in the loss of the faction to a rogue ex dog who took leadership was not short of catastrophic. Not only did she fight for the dogs but thru exemplary leadership got the faction back and was able to get all who lost their faction last unit their bonus unit.

She lead the faction whom had lost most of the original dogs to TKO and GSF to a record of 55-6 and 9/9 streak in the Netherlands campaign. This was not short of miraculous! We went to war with only 21 players which included 5 LLP's. She has helped many players to include myself learn, evolve and strengthen their player with tips, suggestions and instructions. When I came to the dogs 9 months ago I had 300k stats. Today thanks to BLACK DRAGON, I have nearly 20m stats.

She has literally blead for her faction and deserves this honor. If you polled the top 20% of MW players! I guarantee they know her. She effects this game positively even today. I believe if she left this game it would be a detriment that would compare to when Ferr left for retirement.

She is an outstanding person and leader who's integrity and honor is above reproach. For me this game is like life in the way that shows true character and honor in the people who play this game. She embodies all these qualities.

She is worthy of this honor and I hope she is selected!