What is the point of the game? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the point of the game?

Banned
    Post Count
    Thank you for clearing that up. Your correct you didn't say they were losers. I may have read more into it on reading the last sentence.

Post Count
    Calling people who quit, leave or otherwise stop playing this silly game "quitters" is facile. Remember, one of Gree's primary goals is to keep you playing whether you are a gold player or not. In addition to providing targets for other players Gree is betting that even the free players will occasionally relent and spend some real money.That is why the game is designed to prevent you from losing, they want and need for you to continue. They have further reinforced this goal by their recent practice of awarding fairly strong units just for starting the game on a daily basis. Most of us who have been playing the game for over a year (two for me) have mostly indestructible armies, I rarely if ever lose a unit even when attacked repeatedly by stronger players...all I lose is pretend money which is easily replaced. No, you are not a quitter if you decide not to be a patsy for Gree. Please don't delude yourself into thinking that you are accomplishing anything worthwhile here...this game can become almost addictive and what it steals from all of us is our time which is an irreplaceable and finite asset. Again, enjoy the game on whatever level you can but please do not delude yourself.
    MW ID: Watash 435 054 538

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Returning to the original question...the point of the game is defined by the individual who plays it. I started by enjoyin base building. Became bored and discovered factions. Became frustrated and became a mercenary searching for faction prizes. Got sucked into gold spending and bought an invincible army, now I enjoy my faction friends and try and stay competitive using no gold and more strategy. Point is that we all play the game for different reasons. The flip side of this conversation...and one that we must all be wary of is that the point of the game for Gree is to turn a profit. This can be a concern perhaps when some will over reach their financial realities to play what is truly meaningless in the over all scheme of real life. I honestly believe that Gree factors the addictive nature of compulsive gamers into their marketing and game design. Bottom line...people play for many reasons...Gree places it on line for only one...$$$...Just keep that in mind.

Post Count
    Best thread since I have been on the forum.
    MW ID: Watash 435 054 538

Post Count
    Very well spoken Watash and Red.

Lurker
    Post Count
    The goal is to make as much money as possible