What is the point of the game?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the point of the game?

Post Count

What is the point of the game?

We spend gold, stay up to make streaks happen. For what? What is the purpose if there is no end?, we
    keep going for what? To increase stats, IPH, for what purpose, we get no closer to maybe being number 1, or any closer, bank accounts gets less, with nothing that can be bragged or shared about, unless with other MW lovers, but still what is the real purpose?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    For me it is about playing with my friends and teammates that I have met around the globe.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It's simple...chicks dig guys with big units...

Post Count
    Lol....I sometimes ask the very same thing! Escape? Social? Was going to say intellectual, but that does seem right. Problem resolution?

For me, I started the faction and I'm committed to the individuals who have demonstrated loyalty and dedication to the team. The individuals far outweigh the game itself.
    MW: 723 733 538 / 766 013 376 / 837 581 025
    MW: Faction 48th TFW 326 189 720[/SIZE][/FONT

Maxed bonuses: Output, building defense, health regen, all defense, Infantry, Ground Attack, Air Attack and Sea Attack.

Try Empires and Allies...you actually get to control attacks and need to use strategy!

Post Count
    One word, escapism.

You did say spending gold on this game. However, I'm not in a position to answer that for free players.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIMETIME77 View Post
    For me it is about playing with my friends and teammates that I have met around the globe.
    Agree 100%. For me personally it's my faction that keeps me playing.
    The Netherlands - 30
    Italy - 120
    Mexico - 111
    France - 245
    India - 418
    Canada -1244
    Australia - 1633

Post Count
    What's the point of any game?...........To have fun, that is, and enjoy your self(no homo).........however this game is not doing a good job at that lately.
    Join P.O.T.....Growing and making waves.....Top250-400 Faction.......

Post Count
    To get away from our wives, and real lives for a few minutes a day----------------OK, A FEW HOURS!!!!!!

Post Count
    Gree keeps asking for more, more, more,, but when we ask we get the standard reply, and the little modifications we ask for keep getting ignored for what they think will make the more money, not understanding that the things we ask for would give them more money in the long run

Banned
    Post Count
    No matter how much you spend now there is always others better than you because they spend as well.

Your right. There is no real end goal. If there was Sup1 would have totally different players every war. Assuming that's the end goal. But we keep running like the mouse on that wheel.

It is true we get stronger and if we spend more we get even stronger, but in RELATIVE terms do we really progress at all. That might even apply to the strongest avatar in the game.

Perhaps it's because we don't want to get any weaker in relation to others. But which others? All but one of us can be beat up on.

But then even if we do get stronger the requirements double. So I guess it can't be to do events either.

Escapism and fun might be right. I guess when the amount of time and/or money and/or frustration outweighs the fun, that's the time to call it a day.

A great question to think about RussNavy.

Banned
    Post Count
    Despite what many say, the social aspect is the key to fleecing you.

This game has no point, except to get you to give them your real money for their fake junk.

Junk you can't taste, touch, see, hear, or smell.

Cyber-junk that they own through perpetuity and you only get to think you can use.

Read the ToS.

They can kick you outta their game, repossess your NOTHNG cyber-junk, and that's the end.

Someone is teetering on the brink of financial collapse.

The decision to end this might soon be lost to you and them.
    Last edited by Judas Goat; 12-10-2013 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Dog

Banned
    Post Count
    Anymore, it's all about the faction. Without that great group of people, I'd probably have quit long ago.

Post Count
    For me it extends far beyond my own faction. I watch to see if SUP2 is going to sneak attack SUP1 and jump in 1st in the last 2 battles, or if TKO will do the same for 1st or 2nd place. I enjoy all the side jobs I do for my team, and other teams for that matter. Friendships built from members of dozens of other teams. And I get to play with my wife. This keeps down the "you play that too much" factor. Only thing I hear about is the frequency of a robber named boss tracking individual visiting my wifes supply depots. Yes, seems thats all he does hit, even when her LEs were up.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rud View Post
    ... Only thing I hear about is the frequency of a robber named boss tracking individual visiting my wifes supply depots. Yes, seems thats all he does hit, even when her LEs were up.
    Wondering if this is a euphemism for something else...

JOIN THE STORIED, BEASTS OF MODERN WAR!

PM NOW FOR DETAILS!

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzol View Post
    Wow, what a load of bollucks. If only everyone playing modern war had such a strategic mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Full FRONTAL?! Must be a different game than I'm playing. Lol

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think one of the biggest reason we play this game is all down to our genetics, the competitive side of us all, we are all competitive and will do what ever we can do get one over the other guy, doesn't matter how many get the prize once you do because you know that there will be people that don't get the prize.