How About A Very Radical Solution For The Stats Outbreak?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Would You Like Gree To Reset Some Parts of the Game?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. gree should change a thing

52 69.33%
  • Yes. but only Items reset

12 16.00%
  • Yes. Items and Hoods reset

2 2.67%
  • Yes. a complete game reset of items, hoods, mods and level

9 12.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How About A Very Radical Solution For The Stats Outbreak?

Banned
    Post Count

How About A Very Radical Solution For The Stats Outbreak?

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF U R A LOW LEVEL PLAYER THAT NEVER SPENT A DOLLAR ON THE GAME

Hi guys.

i have been playing CC for almost a year now, and even tho it's such a simple game (u basically tap, tap tap, tap tap tap) it got me hooked because i always strived getting better - better hood, better items, better mods etc..

for the past two months gree has gone mad. 10k+ items are handed out like it's free (it is free!).
    the game had a purpose:
    the more money u have - the better items u can buy.
    the more RP u have - even better and rarer items to buy.

today we have no need for RP nor cash (the most basic currency of the game!).
    i can't find a reason to keep and upgrade my hood.
    buying item's from the store is a joke.
    no reason to attack or rob other ppl, it gives u nothing.

when there is an event - i might reach 10/20 or maybe 16/20 at the ltq but at the end of the day everybody is growing insanely fast! at unproportional rate!
    i used to have 50k attack, and now i have 800k. while rivals i remember who were at my level with 50k.... also have 800k today.
    there is no strategy anymore.
    no "the more u play the faster u progress".
    no more "the bigger ur hood and iph the better u r".

i have reached a point were i'm seriously thinking about quitting the game completely. and it's not because i reached every goal and got exhausted from the game.
    it is because playing the game is pointless!
    level 50 can have 1,000,000 stats! - they don't need the store, not a hood and nothing - they have "finished" the game within a week.

i remember the days i thought the when i'll have the biggest hood i will buy tons of Rocket Launchers and many Doomsday Frags. the days where u farm a building for it's prized weapon (which gives 10 atk/def lol)!
    if anyone was to buy a weapon with gold he was unbeatable. today, spending real cash (!) on items is just money down the drain...
    with 500 mafia (total of 2000 weapons(?)) i would say my weakest weapon is 300+ attack - ten times stringer than any weapon u can with cash.

i understand gree is a company with employees and they need to make money. but this is ridiculous.
    look at other games - like HoN or DotA - spending real cash doesn't make u the best player out there. it is not about whoever spends the most $ will win.
    there are many ways to make money beside forcing customers (us) to outspend more money than our in-game opponents.
    changing name, buying avatars and even speeding up constructions - are a legitimate things that should cost real $ - and buying them will not destroy the entire game's stats system.

SO... before i'll take any extreme decision (like quitting) i decided to ask an extreme question:
    What do you say about items reset?! (<- my vote)
    maybe even total items and hoods reset?
    maybe complete game reset (everyone starts fresh, a new game at level 1)?

taking away all of the items and completely clearing everyone's stock.
    ppl will have to build their atk/def again - but this time normally! events will not hand out serious items. finishing a ltq shouldn't give us a prize greater than 80atk/80def (for example).

my vote is for the first thing i suggested - clearing everyone's items stock, but leaving our hoods and mods - because some of us still played 1+ years and do not want it all to go to waste.
    Last edited by noamlin; 12-04-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added request at the top

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You made a lot of good points. I voted choice 2 (items reset). Hoods are not the problem it's the stat inflation.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    if you reset everything. Everyone will complain more than they are now. You cant win with players of gree games. Seems everyone who plays this game that is a free player doesnt care but all gold players on fourms are always mad about something. Also fourm players are a minority there are way more people that play the game that are not on the fourms.

Lurker
    Post Count
    What I would really like to see is a complete number crunch.

This isnt a fix at all, rather just a nice thing to have, basically just reduce all stats on everything, such as dividing all numbers in the game by 10 basically, then instead of 1m stats, you would have 100k but everything else would be in proportion.

It in no way fixes inflation, just gets rid of stupid numbers (instead of 70k attack top prizes, getting 7k top prizes) if you get my meaning ?

Or obviously if you want the proper olden days reduce everything even further, so instead of 70k Prize, getting a 200 top prize or something, and reduce all other numbers in co-ordination with this (apart from money, iph and respect obviously)
    Last edited by ImWoey; 12-04-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If I'm Gree I stay the course, continue with stat inflation, but of course fix the bugs. Stat inflation allows new people to start playing, any other approach ostracizes new players. Resetting anything would cause the biggest iTunes/Google play refund movement in mobile gaming history.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Dude, not trying to be a ****, but you're ideas are terrible. Any reset takes away things that people have invested much time and money into obtaining.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I spend money to finish and ltq to get a prize and gain an advantage over others, and you want to just take it away?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    If I'm Gree I stay the course, continue with stat inflation, but of course fix the bugs. Stat inflation allows new people to start playing, any other approach ostracizes new players. Resetting anything would cause the biggest iTunes/Google play refund movement in mobile gaming history.
    All they would have to do is announce it far in advance and that would shoot down any refund requests pretty easy.

Banned
    Post Count
    GREE is to stats what Zimbabwe is to currency.

There is no good solution to hyperinflation, and I doubt GREE cares. They're trying to squeeze every last ounce of gold out of the game before flushing it completely.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mb402n View Post
    All they would have to do is announce it far in advance and that would shoot down any refund requests pretty easy.
    GREE doesn't give refunds, even for when they're blatantly in the wrong (you're lucky if you can even get a refund in gold-- they do those, but only in certain circumstances). The problem GREE is having is so many people contacting iTunes and Google Play for refunds, as both of them are granting them in large numbers. Google Play actually refuses to allow certain users from purchasing gold now (considered a "high risk transaction") and iTunes has basically said, no more refunds for this developer-- spend at your own risk (meaning: expect to get screwed again). And if you're still buying gold after getting a refund, then honestly you deserve to be screwed again. Watch as half your raid items disappear again, allegedly "at random."

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip99 View Post
    Dude, not trying to be a ****, but you're ideas are terrible. Any reset takes away things that people have invested much time and money into obtaining.
    u r wrong!
    with todays stats (and items) outbreak - people that played for less than a month already reached 1 million attack and defense!

i hear u about the part where u spent real money in order to finish ltqs and obtain the items.
    i spent some money too - but i'm willing to give it up because the game is not fun anymore (and not challenging).

ImWoey raised a good suggestion - how about dividing all items? but dividing by 1000!
    i want to bring the store back to its original purpose - being a store that u buy stuff from.
    my best item now is 70k attack - nothing in the store comes even close to it. so if this item will be reduced to 70 attack - the cash and store will have a meaning again.
    Last edited by noamlin; 12-04-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added extra info

Consistent Contributor SollyLlama's Avatar
    Post Count
    This is a terrible idea.

The game is what it is for everyone who plays it.

If you aren't enjoying it, there are other diversions.

Post Count
    There is absolutely no way they can advertise stats, have people spend real money to get those stats, and then pull them away. The fraud exposure would be insane. Adjusting stat values is a solution completely void of reality.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SollyLlama View Post
    This is a terrible idea.
    The game is what it is for everyone who plays it.
    the game isn't what it used to be. and certainly isn't what i paid for.
    two months ago the game was challenging and i spent a few bucks here and there for those final ltqs.
    today the game is ridiculous - all the money we have spent is worthless.
    i spent some money in order to get to 200k stats - and now within a month i quadrupled my stats for free

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by noamlin View Post
    u r wrong!
    with todays stats (and items) outbreak - people that played for less than a month already reached 1 million attack and defense!

i hear u about the part where u spent real money in order to finish ltqs and obtain the items.
    i spent some money too - but i'm willing to give it up because the game is not fun anymore (and not challenging).

ImWoey raised a good suggestion - how about dividing all items? but dividing by 1000!
    i want to bring the store back to its original purpose - being a store that u buy stuff from.
    my best item now is 70k attack - nothing in the store comes even close to it. so if this item will be reduced to 70 attack - the cash and store will have a meaning again.
    Max power makes a good point, you can't pull away stats.....but if its having decent items at the store that is your concern, then they need to put better items in the store. I realize that increases as opposed to decreases stat inflation, but it is probably the best option. Items at the store need to reflect the stat inflation of the game.