Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

I like the new rewards and set up but it seems to be rigged to help low level people. I'm over level 100 and the people I am forced to face always have 10-15k+ points while I am around 5k. A friend of mine is lower level (60/70 can't remember) and he faces people with fewer than 2k points and weak knights when he has 10k points. I think the matchup system should be revised so it is more fair and you are not punished for leveling up, although I realize this is how every other gree game is. Also I don't really like the timer that forces you to spend. I think they should implement a timer like they have in dragon realms. You have 10 minutes to win three fights, then it pauses until you attack again at which point you have to win another three fights, etc.

It's not geared towards low level people.

I'm level 110 and I see many Rank 50,000s or Unrankeds in my choosings.

There's usually 1-2 Rank 1000s or something, but if I just face the lower ranks, they get replaced anyway.

The highest I was ever forced to fight was a rank 8000

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx254 View Post
    It's not geared towards low level people.

I'm level 110 and I see many Rank 50,000s or Unrankeds in my choosings.

There's usually 1-2 Rank 1000s or something, but if I just face the lower ranks, they get replaced anyway.

The highest I was ever forced to fight was a rank 8000
    i've faced rank no.2 before. and top 100. i think if your rank is higher you face more "difficult" opponents.
    Android, Level 140+ (Retired)

Maxed:
    1) Kerstman's Shroud (+)
    2) Blazestone Mantle (+)
    3) Maelstrom Irons (+)
    4) Bronze Chromatic Mantle (+)
    5) Blazebourne Vanguard
    6) Forgestone Aegis
    7) Soulshard Nercomancer
    8) Northerner's Battlegear
    9) Tectonic Mantle

Non maxed:
    1) Armor of the Devoted

My opinion on the new and "improved" arena?
    I loved it for about 2 hours then it got annoying pretty fast.
    Arena was what kept me coming to the game about 2-3 times/hour now I hardly check it and here's why.
    1. the streak timer less than 50% of energy timer makes no sense.
    2. the old arena was geared towards rewarding actual activity now it rewards people with no life.
    3. the server is not stable nor responsive enough to work along such a short timer. Too many a time a user loose a streak because the server can't connect.
    4. who tought having just 5 opponents to choose from was a good idea?
    5. where's the revenge battles? I always had plenty before the update, haven't see any yet with new arena
    6. the game itself is noticeably slower while in the arena
    7. the miss rate is badly ****ed up. And too unbalanced. And it seems that the weaker my opponent is the more I miss him (if anything it should be the other way around). While my opponent hardly miss
    8. with the old arena putting together a 20 win streak was as easy as making a sandwich, now I can hardly get the 6th win because after the 2th win I always get opponents with at least 2 epics or I miss at least 3 hit/battle
    9. the new scoring system penalize users like me that enjoy helping out others. I use my friend code as name and have a freindlist 90% full of users below 60 because I actually enjoy helping them out. In return I had a daily friend battle worth 40% of an actual arena battle and 15 coins. Now I get 20% with no bonuses and no coins... why should I still help new users if I don't get anything back? I should look only for high end players to benefit me.
    10. the bonuses for streaks. You get a ** for 12 wins and keys for a chest where you have a slim chance of getting a ** for every tier after it? I don't get it.
    11. the ranking system is borked as it shows me in positions that aren't even close to my real position.
    example it listed me as being #1500 while my point total would have put me in the 2800-2850 range.
    After another fight it listed me at 1450 and a fight later at 1550. Nether of those 3 was close to correct.
    12. since mid-october I played just this game and after these changes I found myself coming to it less and less and actually looked for other options.

The new changes are aesthetically pleasing, they give great prizes, maybe even too generous, some of the new mechanics are interesting but the challenge is not there anymore.

They could have made target picking much more interesting:

Just let us pick targets 10 places above us and 10 below us.
    Taking targets above you net more exp, below less.

So you could work your way up the ladder.

It would make the power attack interesting too, you need to decide tactical if you want to get more exp by attack a guy 10 places above you, maybe with an power attack or if you better battle 3 times guys that are placed below you.

Instead we have some pseudo evaluation of our knights to put us against "equal" opponents.

Oh and the streak timer needs to go. That thing is really a big frustration for me, and what i read here and what I know from my guild, also for others.

How do you want to motivate me to buy gems if there is no real competition in this game beside gemming?
    Last edited by shush; 12-09-2013 at 11:42 AM.

I just hate the timer. So you HAVE to spend gems.

Hi GREE_d

Quote Originally Posted by imTectonic View Post
    Spek Englis I dun hav a Klue what yer sayin
    Nah english is so common and boring! ingliz is better,easier!

Now think about stopping to be a line impostor instead of my english and grow up kid

US GanjaBoy - Level 166
    Unicorn Stampede High(est) Commander
    Battle of the Beasts - 4th
    War of the Damned - 10th
    War of the Wicked - 9th
    Holiday Havoc - 3rd
    Winter War - 3rd

Join us! We are currently recruiting! http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...55#post1061555

I am 12 doe

Quote Originally Posted by StarvingChild View Post
    the bears can smell the menstration
    Caffeine can shrink a woman's breast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    I like the new rewards and set up but it seems to be rigged to help low level people. I'm over level 100 and the people I am forced to face always have 10-15k+ points while I am around 5k. A friend of mine is lower level (60/70 can't remember) and he faces people with fewer than 2k points and weak knights when he has 10k points. I think the matchup system should be revised so it is more fair and you are not punished for leveling up, although I realize this is how every other gree game is. Also I don't really like the timer that forces you to spend. I think they should implement a timer like they have in dragon realms. You have 10 minutes to win three fights, then it pauses until you attack again at which point you have to win another three fights, etc.

Most likely it works the same way as the old arena - you face people around you modified by how often you win. If the last time you lost was 50 fights ago, and you're ranked 5000, you'll face people in the rank 1000 range. If you've lost your last 50 fights, you'll face people in the rank 50000 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilated View Post
    Caffeine can shrink a woman's breast
    In the light you will only find darkness.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

Quote Originally Posted by shush View Post
    They could have made target picking much more interesting:

Just let us pick targets 10 places above us and 10 below us.
    Taking targets above you net more exp, below less.

So you could work your way up the ladder.

It would make the power attack interesting too, you need to decide tactical if you want to get more exp by attack a guy 10 places above you, maybe with an power attack or if you better battle 3 times guys that are placed below you.

Instead we have some pseudo evaluation of our knights to put us against "equal" opponents.

Oh and the streak timer needs to go. That thing is really a big frustration for me, and what i read here and what I know from my guild, also for others.

How do you want to motivate me to buy gems if there is no real competition in this game beside gemming?
    not a bad idea

the arena ranks are more for gem spenders thats true but thats how they make there money so can't blame them tho

I continually get my ass handed to me because I always face people rank 10,000 and below when I am rank 40,000.
    Galahad
    Level 83
    Maelstrom Irons Lvl 38

Quote Originally Posted by Zyntree View Post
    This would let you get to 18, and depending on how much time one took inbetween, maybe 19. I don't think you can make it to 20 tho.
    I think it would be possible to get to 20 under the perfect scenario. You'd have to plan it just right, be playing around midnight, and get lucky with a daily gift of 2 energy during your game play.

@ Timer=00:00, 1st attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
    @ Timer=09:30, 2nd attack (Energy again drops from 4 to 3)
    @ Timer=19:00, 3rd attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
    @ Timer=28:30, 4th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
    @ Timer=38:00, 5th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
    @ Timer=47:30, 6th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, but jumps back to 2)
    @ Timer=57:00, 7th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2; Time this to happen around midnight so energy jumps back to 4 if lucky)
    @ Timer=66:30, 8th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
    @ Timer=76:00, 9th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
    @ Timer=85:30, 10th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
    @ Timer=95:00, 11th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
    @ Timer=104:30, 12th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
    @ Timer=114:00, 13th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, time your points to earn a milestone exactly here so energy jumps back to 5)
    @ Timer=123:30, 14th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
    @ Timer=133:00, 15th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
    @ Timer=142:30, 16th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
    @ Timer=152:00, 17th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3, and you have enough energy to complete 20 attacks)

Best I've done without daily bonus, and taking advantage of the fact that the streak timer doesn't start until you finish your first victory:

@ Timer=00:00, Begin 1st attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4) Exit game shortly into 1st attack.
    @ Timer=16:00 or later, Return to game and finish 1st attack, Energy bumped back to 5 at T=25:00
    @ Timer=25:00, 2nd attack (Energy again drops from 5 to 4)
    @ Timer=34:30, 3rd attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
    @ Timer=44:00, 4th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
    @ Timer=53:30, 5th attack (Energy again drops from 3 to 2)
    @ Timer=63:00, 6th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1, but jumps back to 3)
    @ Timer=72:30, 7th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
    @ Timer=82:00, 8th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
    @ Timer=91:30, 9th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
    @ Timer=101:00, 10th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
    @ Timer=110:30, 11th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, timed this to align with nearly achieving 44,000 point milestone then get the rest of the way there with friends for 5 more energy)
    @ Timer=111:00, 12th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
    @ Timer=120:30, 13th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
    @ Timer=130:00, 14th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
    @ Timer=139:30, 15th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
    @ Timer=149:00, 16th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
    @ Timer=158:30, 17th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
    @ Timer=159:00, 18th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, 2 Keys Reward Achieved)

Was a real pain to have to keep checking for over 2.5 hrs, and I'm not sure yet whether I want to try the theoretical path to 20 wins unless I could be sure of what day I'd be getting the daily gift energy. Anyone want to try?