Spent over 3 mountains still 9/10 for jar event! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spent over 3 mountains still 9/10 for jar event!

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KM KAge View Post
    Exiting does appear to be the only winning strategy.
    It is the only way to win. Feels good on the outside.
    Matthew 7:3-5

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    Really notice a lot of complaints on these....if you cast your mind back to the Friggin Chimera event that back then i spent a mountain to get jack shyte ! nowaday with stat inflation it probably close same but still same result,
    I know the the best way to win
    find the exit and leave...simple and logical....never look back
    you will be beter off and your bank balance will thankyou also
    and if your married spend your money on her
    happy wife...happy life
    I thought you were leaving already Ratma?

I'm quitting now. My guild founder role is being transferred and then I'm out. It's been a good time but now it's just a frantic race not to be left behind. The fun is gone (no pun intended) and I'm looking for a good life without any Greed games.

See you on the other side.

I win.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    YES, 10 coins finally and all opened using gold, NO GEMS

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

total luck

My level 200 has 7/10

My level 15 mini got 10/10 without using gems - got 3 in a row today to finish.

its just total luck

Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    Personally, I believe Gree has shifting odds on boxes based on: event, number of gems spent, and number of coins you already have.
    The first and third are true and always have been (we've mentioned as much multiple times) but the second speculation is not. We do tweak things between events (we tweak just about every event, whether it is collect 10 or boss difficulty or drop rates or whatnot, to see what works best). And in collect-10 or collect 20/25 events (but not leaderboards), getting one of the special items decreases the chance of getting the next one. But it does not vary from account to account or take any other factors into consideration; everyone has the same percentage chances as everyone else who is at the same step of the event.

EDIT: Nor does it have to do with level or anything else like that. It's just a flat percentage based on how many of the tokens you already have.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    The first and third are true and always have been (we've mentioned as much multiple times) but the second speculation is not. We do tweak things between events (we tweak just about every event, whether it is collect 10 or boss difficulty or drop rates or whatnot, to see what works best). And in collect-10 or collect 20/25 events (but not leaderboards), getting one of the special items decreases the chance of getting the next one. But it does not vary from account to account or take any other factors into consideration; everyone has the same percentage chances as everyone else who is at the same step of the event.

EDIT: Nor does it have to do with level or anything else like that. It's just a flat percentage based on how many of the tokens you already have.
    So the more you have the less you get !......seems fair from your side of the fence....i will look at it from this side..i had 6 all gold option then i unload 500 gems cause im stingy and think i should get at least 1-2 for my outlay considering it cost 20 to reset timer and 20 to open = 40 gems per try so around 12 tries
    and all i got was low stat unit or honour ?? sliding scale seems to be working for you but for others its not
    so for 500 gems you can add about 1,000 in stats providing they show in your army which given my level they dont...so wasted . i would be better off getting scratchies 500 gems @ 10 gems each= 50 scratchies with chance of getting 50-80K unit...
    spent another 500 just for shyte and giggles to see the difference.....best unit was 400 stat unit, still better than Coin unit , but would it show in my army ?? no
    if i was low level maybe but im not
    so i would pose that those wishing to spend gems be very reserved in using them save them for Raid Boss or something.
    CJ maybe you should look at gem users at least having a better advantage than gold or free opens, as your statement implies that using gems is a waste of time anyway as proven by above post.
    it seems you are trying to allure your customers into a false pretence that IF the use gems they will have better chances than those using other methods!
    Shame.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Well, it needs to be increased, plain and simple... You guys make plenty enough in gems on these events, throw us a bone during the season of 'giving'. All you try to do is take, manipulate, and lead us on. It's getting old and people are slowly catching on.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What difference does it make if a free player can collect 10 and I spend a couple hundred bucks to be stuck on 9? Why the hell would I continue to fork over money to play these events? What advantage do I get by spending money? Everyone is right I admit I'm a dumbass for forking over money but never again.

Post Count
    YES I am leaving but had to spend my LAST GSP bonus , my advice to the last of the Forum members that havent left is save you money and buy yourself a big CASE of drinks and go FREE or GO FREE either way same chances.
    i would like CJ54 to give us their sliding scale of percentage to getting these coins ?
    it would be a nice gesture considering all the wasted gems you are shaving from everyone.
    2-3% or 0.05-0.01% just to stitch everyone before christmas

Post Count

oh i believe you, as far as the number of coins you have and per event. But ive also seen enough that i know for certain the rate in the first and last few hours is way way higher than the rest of the event. Which also seems a little unfair to me.

But yes, it IS as random for me as it is for everyone else.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Translation: don't waste your money on these events. You have just as much chance of getting the prize for free as you do for gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    CJ maybe you should look at gem users at least having a better advantage than gold or free opens, as your statement implies that using gems is a waste of time anyway as proven by above post.
    it seems you are trying to allure your customers into a false pretence that IF the use gems they will have better chances than those using other methods!
    Shame.
    The advantage there is already inherent; gems result in more potential chances and automatic opens (which aren't assured by the other means).

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    oh i believe you, as far as the number of coins you have and per event. But ive also seen enough that i know for certain the rate in the first and last few hours is way way higher than the rest of the event. Which also seems a little unfair to me.
    No, it doesn't work like that. It's natural to assume all kinds of voodoo based on results from a small sample size, but the chances don't change during the event.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    CJ,

Does the number of other players that have already gotten the grand prize have any affect on the open rate for everyone?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I used a total of 80 gems. Twice resetting
    Timer and twice auto win. Got my 10
    Early this morning.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojo View Post
    I used a total of 80 gems. Twice resetting
    Timer and twice auto win. Got my 10
    Early this morning.
    You're lucky, very lucky. This is not the norm i assure you. If this is attempt to convince the developer that this event shouldn't be adjusted and is fair you are wrong. This event is very difficult to complete without using mountains of gems. Unless you having amazing luck like yourself and there aren't many of you.
    I am playing on 3 devices, all 3 devices got the 9/10 within the first 6 hours of the event(using gems). Then all of a sudden things changed drastically, i have gem'd about every hour on every device since then and NONE of my devices has received the 10th gem. I know when i will have a better chance though, and that's the last few hours of the event. For the developer to say that these odds aren't changed at the beginning and end of events like this is ludicrous. It's not voodoo we are making up, so maybe this developer needs to speak directly with the programmers so he can become aware of what we already know.

These events are part of a holiday series of events, it's the season of giving. GREE only takes, and it's getting old.

I can assure you, i will do everything in my power to warn every guild member of the guilds i'm in about these events and wasting gems on them. I'm the guinea pig, and have learned how GREEd actually works now.

Thanks for the holiday spirit, GReeINCH