Page 7 of 7 First ... 567

Mutual strip, with a 'lose' threshold. I.e., we are guild x you are guild y. We both offer an hc stripped, you agree to lose since you aren't going top 10, you'll back off at 175k.

I agree it's what the game has come to....but I miss scouting and that feeling you get nuking a well geared gm. When I beatup on your gm, baby kittens get more milk
    GUILD CHAMPION: Beastmode Gods
    Currently recruiting active players and overnighters
    Line ID: tlob_obviously

MAXED EPICS: APOCALYPSE, TRESKILION, REVELATION, CRYPTIC, AQUATIC, SPECTER, SANDSTORM, DRUIDIC, MAELSTORM, NORTHERNS, BLAZEBORN, R. KALE

Quote Originally Posted by NattyAnne View Post
    I am still unclear about how this would actually work since you can't be sure to get paired with a guild to be able to each get a turn at the strip down. Since you can't transfer and share winnings, I wonder that one guild could always talk another into stripping. And,that the stripped guild could be left only getting "hosed" with no luck at re-pairing with guilds to get turn at hosing(?). (Does that make sense? If so, getting answers to that quandary could go a long way to brighten this dim bulb.). So, obviously I am still not knowledgable enough to carry a public banner in either support or protest of this practice.
    It takes some effort and timing, but you can, unless they've totally changed the match-making system, with pretty good results, determine your own opponents. Everyone declares at a pre-determined time, and you're bound to get one of a couple guilds. If they are friendly, keep on stripping away. Its not exact, but within a few attempts, you'll get your intended target.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyAnne View Post
    PS: I do have to farm around for a viable opponent. Once found, I have to strike. The suggestion in some posts that maybe we should only be able to hit that opponent again after all others have been challenged would leave me with almost nothing to do in our wars. I'm weak. But when they hack away at me because I'm easy, it only reinforces my desire to get stronger. Just my early days humble perspective.
    As far as other people's "non-stripping" ideals... it sounds like you hit the jackpot. You likely found a stripped opponent, and due to your situation (kill who I can) took advantage of it. There is no harm in it. You've also described the thinking of many others. You're weak, you farm who you can. Or, like stronger opponents, you might be that weaker target they target. Repeatedly killing the same person over and over is all but the exact same as stripping, although stripping is pre-determined, or agreed upon. By being able to farm inactive/weak or the same person over and over, how is that any different than stripping? I've heard people talk about how they don't let/want their guilds take advantage of even inadvertent stripping. Why not? It makes no sense. The only difference is that your battle choices make you farm for someone able to be beaten, and your battles take a few seconds longer than the person who has a strip battle. Unless you are tagging different people, you are farming the same person, over and over, repeatedly, and in an un-fun manner. Isn't that what one of the complaints about stripping is? It makes it un-fun because you're just hitting the same buttons over and over between fights. You start to not think about it. Unless you're farming an active armor swapping GM, and that is the only person you're attacking, you're doing the exact same thing as the person fighting a strip battle. You can't argue otherwise.

You feel that it is wrong and cheapens the game, but at this point, people are aware of a way to earn points, very quickly, and very few that are fighting for the top positions aren't aware of this "feature" in the game. No one is getting a competitive advantage. As we've seen, when a guild wants to use a few strip battles to get back in it, they can, and will. And there are guilds who do it better than the next guy, so they'll win.

That is the name of the game for war. Doing it better than the next guy, and winning.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 04-30-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Stripping is in fact not cheating. Thanks buster. /thread
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

No matter what you do in any game, there will always be people that will exploit the system you just have to get over it. Gree supports and its really truly not against the rules.
    Roman Empire GM

We Are Currently Recruiting

Centurion Aegis-Maxed
    Northerners-Maxed
    Blazebourne-Maxed
    Moontide-Maxed
    Red Kal+-Maxed

Line ID-tdunks
    IGN- RE TDunks
    FC: WBD-DQP-HBW

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTdunks72

**WE SUPPORT THE 11+ MOVEMENT**

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's cheating.
    Ign: kingjuju
    Guild: Death Knights(DK)
    IGN: DK JuJu

Lv: 102
    Line ID: kingofjuju
    Knights:
    Apocalypse playemail+ (maxed)
    Triskelion war gear+ (maxed x2)
    Spectors shroud
    Silver chromatic mantle+
    Sol vanguard (maxed)
    Maelstrom irons(maxed)