Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor View Post
    It's tactical solution. I could live with this But last war, when 90% of guilds we met, wanted to strip, was pure madness.
    Hee hee hee...Works just fine for me too. Screw The Empire! Hoarding all the epic+ armor would put them at a disadvantage for earning points.
    Guild Sentinel in Heart Breakers of the BB Alliance
    Arena Gold Medalist in Carnivale Clash

Max Armors: Soulshard Necromantle+, Sandstorm, Aegis of Sky Majesty, Arborsteel Vanguard, Maelstrom Irons, Blazeborne Vanguard, Tec, Vermax's Platemail+ and more

Works in Progress: Northerner's Battlegear, Raiment of Araknos

Line ID: spankymacd

Quote Originally Posted by spanky macdougal View Post
    Stripping sucks! Oh what fun to mindlessly club a weak GM while I bleed money in the form of digital gems. I love the challenge of swapping my armors to find a combination that takes down an opponent.

All that aside, it's not going anywhere. This is the new strategy to maximize points. You want to compete in the top tiers? You will need alliances. That's the new paradigm for this game.

Gree has zero vested interest in ending it. Look at the points being racked up by top guilds now. It all equals more money.
    I thought perhaps using a points system based on armor and rank to determine points would be good. However, there would still be stripping. If my guild isn't aiming for top 25, every time we faced a non alliance guild we didn't like, we could strip screwing them out of points. We would still strip but for the opposite effect.
    Bottom line? Make friends or enjoy the top 500.

Whilst I agree with most of your post you can make top 150 without stripping so your top 500 comment is a bit off the mark. Past that however might be a challenge as more and more sign up to alliances and agreements.
    Guild Master - Loners on Bus & The Short Bus
    Where the light at the end of the tunnel is the Bus coming your way!

We are currently recruiting for more info contact via line
    Headopener (Euro timezones)
    Sojourner1111 (US timezones).

stripping

stripping makes gree money. who cares if its cheating or not its part of the game get over it or get a new game

Its still cheating ban all of the top ten that do it i complained to gree hope you get banned

Quote Originally Posted by dangdp7 View Post
    Its still cheating ban all of the top ten that do it i complained to gree hope you get banned
    Derp derp, still confused about stripping being cheating? I know this is hard to comprehend with your head up your ass, but it has been going on since War 2 on iOS. If it hasn't been dealt with yet, no one will ever be banned for stripping. Maybe I'll make some funny memes like Sol likes to do that display "not cheating!"

Not cheating. Not cheating. Not Cheating. NoT cHeAtInG. NOT cheating. NOT CHEATING.

Maybe in bold now. Not cheating.
    All uppercase bold? NOT CHEATING
    Italics? Not cheating.
    What about different colors? Not cheating.

Top three Spanishdict.com translations? No engaņo. No hacer trampas. No trampa.

Get the idea yet?

Final time. Not cheating.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Sounds like a poolparty to me... Let's have some fun!
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

certainly takes a lot of the fun out of the game, but when there are no rules you can't really say anything is cheating. There are rules against fixing sports matches, rules against manipulating markets, etc. There are no GW rules to my knowledge. You get matched with a guild and whatever happens happens. There is no standard to abide by, and therefore nothing you do can be considered cheating unfortunately. It is what it is; just part of the system in place.
    IGN: FDP Yongsan RRu
    GM of ForgeDragons Path
    HC of The Rainbow Rug
    #6 War of the Enchantress
    #3 Xantico Raid
    No Minimums. Max Participation
    LINE fdpyongsan to apply

No rules saying you can't do it

Quote Originally Posted by Guido32 View Post
    No rules saying you can't do it
    You need a few more posts before you can create your own thread. Keep spamming random posts dude.

Busteroaf
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by frostman27 View Post
    No MORE STRIPPING .... OK maybe its not exactly cheating but there is a way to solve this first of all they should revised the points system so that armor stats are a factor in how many points you receive so when you attack an opponent wearing armor with stats closer or equal to your own the points are higher than they would be for attacking an opponent with low-med stats making STRIPPING not as effective and players would start looking to beat players equal to themselves to fight making the armors that we all work so hard to obtaine useful and you say gree won't do anything your wrong the no strip movement is growing fast and gree will for sure notice when 100s of gemmers stop buying gems so if they like us spending all these thousands of dollars on there game they will comply already have 6 Gemming guilds in agreeance to stop buying gems till this is fixed we would appreciate it if all those who agree this is wrong to join our movement on both android and iOS platforms for more info contact Frostman27 on line
    1. Lol. This will never happen.

2. How about some punctuation? You must be out of breath.
    Guild: Alliance
    IGN: Alliance Thor
    Level: 199

Epics
    Arclite Shroud+
    Sandstorm Platemail+
    Soulshard Necromantle+
    Beastmaster Battlegear+
    Arborsteel Vanguard+
    Northerner's Battlegear+
    Triskelion Wargear
    Revelation Robes
    Silver Chromatic Mantle
    Sol Vanguard
    Snowstorm Platemail
    Hellfire Platemail
    Cyclone Chainmail
    Runic Robes
    Aquatic Battlegear
    Specter's Shroud
    Aegis of Sky Majesty
    Cloudrange Platemail
    Tectonic Mantle

I understand why they strip now. If you want to make top 10 or higher you are going to have to do it. if you want to get rank 25 or higher you will need a big pocket book.

Question Newbie with dumb question

What is stripping exactly? I note people on this thread saying that "stripping" isn't cheating..it's just in bad taste and degrading to the games overall integrity. That it's not going to stop as long as it's a money maker. It is up to the players to have integrity.

I think I got the idea but then this thread talks about hitting one opposing guild member multiple times and how that is bad.

As a newbie and lower ranking member in my guild, sometimes I am lucky to find one person in other guild I can take in a war. So, I blast all four energy at that person. I like to try out different oops when my guild appears to have things in hand without my measly self. But, when my guild is counting on me getting something better than a total of 40 pts for 4 energy, I need to hack at the one little guy I can find. Is this bad form?

I'm a grandmother. I got gems to feed the Gree machine aplenty. BUT...I learned old school RPG etiquette; before consoles were invented. Honor is above all else in my play book. Whatever the heck is "stripping", as long as an opponent may feel I've been unfair...I want no part of it. Will someone turn on my lightbulb so I don't inadvertently do this?

Quote Originally Posted by NattyAnne View Post
    What is stripping exactly? I note people on this thread saying that "stripping" isn't cheating..it's just in bad taste and degrading to the games overall integrity. That it's not going to stop as long as it's a money maker. It is up to the players to have integrity.

I think I got the idea but then this thread talks about hitting one opposing guild member multiple times and how that is bad.

As a newbie and lower ranking member in my guild, sometimes I am lucky to find one person in other guild I can take in a war. So, I blast all four energy at that person. I like to try out different oops when my guild appears to have things in hand without my measly self. But, when my guild is counting on me getting something better than a total of 40 pts for 4 energy, I need to hack at the one little guy I can find. Is this bad form?

I'm a grandmother. I got gems to feed the Gree machine aplenty. BUT...I learned old school RPG etiquette; before consoles were invented. Honor is above all else in my play book. Whatever the heck is "stripping", as long as an opponent may feel I've been unfair...I want no part of it. Will someone turn on my lightbulb so I don't inadvertently do this?
    stripping is where the guild master(or a different memeber) of your opponent takes of his gear so the other guild can 1 shot him for quick and easy points. this way u can spend more gems in a shorter time limit.

finding and attacking a guy u can beat is what the people here refer to as "fair" play. since this way u need to scout and find targets u or other members can beat to score and not get alot of losses.

stripping removes this aspect in wars, in general once a guild gets a matchup with some1 they have a strip agreement with no1 uses an attack until the strip is worked out and then every1 goes and scores free points without any effort or strategy being used.
    Last edited by holydinges2; 04-30-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyAnne View Post
    What is stripping exactly? ...
    Quote Originally Posted by holydinges2 View Post
    stripping is where...
    Also note, when stripping is in effect, there is no need to scout, and you're wins are all but guaranteed. So no wasted energy, or gems. The only issue you may encounter is getting the sentinel down, but after that, all attacks are focused on one person for maximum point gain.

Please note, it is a misconception that stripping means more money spent. The only way more money is spent is if the user decides to spend more, and that happens regardless of if you have strip battles or not. Many people still have spending caps, or an amount of gems they are comfortable spending. Some players can blow through their "I'm comfortable spending 1600 gems" in a few battles thanks to stripping. After that, you're stuck either using free energy, or going against your comfort level and spending more. That is the only way there is more money spent on wars.

Granted, many guilds have upped their minimum gem requirements and such, to ensure that if needed, they have enough gems to battle to the end... but for the average user, strip battles just lets you guarantee a win (over an individual player, not necessarily a guild) using their free energy, so they don't have to use gems, or waste time and energy scouting.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 04-30-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Busteroaf
    Retired

The granny's lightbulb is on but still dim

Thanks holydinges2 for your response. I never contemplated that this system of team alliance winning was in place. It's important to know it exists so I can determine where I stand and then ensure that the guld I associate with has views that align with my own. Since my guild has experienced players, I am sure they are aware of it. I will have to consult with them ASAP. So again...thanks for opening my eyes to this.

It's funny because I did come across an HC in a battle last weekend that was all way high level players but this one guy had one man with crap armour. I gemmed the heck outta that guy. I assumed the guy had started a change man/armour process after his last war and got interrupted in the process; accidentally leaving himself and guild wide open for slaughter when I came along. I actually felt rather guilty for taking huge advantage of this guys error. Like it wasn't honorable or "fair". Since I am the one that pointed my GM and guild mates to this open treasure guy and I have never been aware of my guild coordinating a hold on strikes while attempting engage in stripping...I am sure there was no negotiated strip.

I am still unclear about how this would actually work since you can't be sure to get paired with a guild to be able to each get a turn at the strip down. Since you can't transfer and share winnings, I wonder that one guild could always talk another into stripping. And,that the stripped guild could be left only getting "hosed" with no luck at re-pairing with guilds to get turn at hosing(?). (Does that make sense? If so, getting answers to that quandary could go a long way to brighten this dim bulb.). So, obviously I am still not knowledgable enough to carry a public banner in either support or protest of this practice.

But, personally, I now assume the opponent I gemmed and hacked to smithereens actually DID get caught with pants still down after a recent intentional stripping battle. And, I no longer feel a shred of guilt. In fact, I think he got exactly what he deserved.

PS: I do have to farm around for a viable opponent. Once found, I have to strike. The suggestion in some posts that maybe we should only be able to hit that opponent again after all others have been challenged would leave me with almost nothing to do in our wars. I'm weak. But when they hack away at me because I'm easy, it only reinforces my desire to get stronger. Just my early days humble perspective.