Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Angry Stripping is it cheating

I been in three or four wars and some guilds have made packs to strip armor of there GM so the other team can get all the points they can. Is this cheating are is this the game now.

Quote Originally Posted by DMMoe2013 View Post
    I been in three or four wars and some guilds have made packs to strip armor of there GM so the other team can get all the points they can. Is this cheating are is this the game now.
    That is the way guild wars goes now. It's all about getting the most points. A bunch of people have already complained about it.

Gree doesn't think it's bad then until there gem spender stop spending

Abusing a broken game mechanic that the developer refuses to acknowledge isn't cheating, I think. It does totally defeat the entire purpose of the game by removing all strategy, & forces ppl to spend their gem load much sooner than the war actually ends, leading to terrible boredom. I've been rallying to end stripping since before it was even discovered

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Wars-amp-Arena!

Liar Liar

I'm just writing this to say that the link in sparkle dpa's signature doesn't lead to any information on getting free gems. It's just a link to some song. Don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by DMMoe2013 View Post
    Well... I think
    Inherent to the game is the motivation to dissect the scoring algorithm and to figure out clever ways to maximize that path to victory. So whoever came up with the stripping thing, more power to them, and I'm actually curious to see what other strategies some of the smart people in the gaming community will come up with next!

That said, I do believe this game is dominated by men. And when did men ever say no to stripping?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest God View Post
    I'm just writing this to say that the link in sparkle dpa's signature doesn't lead to any information on getting free gems. It's just a link to some song. Don't bother.
    dont spoil it, we all know that

The stripping benefits the losing guild. One guild would win regardless, a mutual stripping allows the lower guild to get points. If you can't understand this, you aren't paying attention.

Stripping benefits the lower guild the most.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...9411269468866/

Stripping is illegal in Iceland. Stay in school kids!
    Crime City: 746 965 434
    Syndicate: 138

Knights and Dragons Guild: Retired
    Recruitment only.

For applications to the Rainbow Coalition pm ilvtfu on line.

**We Support the 11+ Movement**

Quote Originally Posted by Forest God View Post
    You are not the only person to fall for it. I contributed to that view count too...

100% Agree with Eunuchorrn, comes down to who has the biggest payload of Gems and not strength or tactics

Stripping: Pros & Cons

PROS
    [1] It seems strategic. Yes, it's an exploitation of game mechanism for optimum scoring, especially when "families" or alliances are formed to take advantage of it. On its own, there's nothing wrong with it - just some good thinking. But who wins? The top 10 guilds which are currently utilising this technique? Yes, definitely. More importantly, who loses?

[2] Great for Gree! People are spending their gems/buying more gems so as to take advantage of winning against a GM when normally their armours would only allow them to compete fairly against the Commander or HC of that guild. So Gree wins.

CONS
    [1] Stripping undermines the game. K&D is (fast-becoming 'was') fun because of its strategic element involved in matching elements of armours against other armours so as to complete a victory, be it in the Arena or in GW. Part of the fun also comes from collecting stronger armour, but that is really incidental to the strategic element, which most competitive players celebrate. Yes, 'stripping' is a tactic that works and is considered "strategic" by some, but the danger with allowing this is leading to disenchantment of the top 11-50 guilds which didn't manage to employ this method, or couldn't employ it as effectively.

Part of the problem stems from the inadequacy of GW prizes (I mean, people are spending thousands of dollars and Gree offers us Boilerplate+, an armour which is weaker than the EB+ that most of the members from top 11-50 guilds could easily obtain each week), but until they decide to correct this asymmetrical reward system, the inability of guilds to 'strip' as well as the top alliances would likely just lead to people saving up their gems for chests. After all, what is the point in gemming for War when the prizes are worth less than the money people spent in gems for war?

Collectively, an elite group of players win, most players lose, Gree possibly win/lose depending on players' desire to continue gemming after this war.

[2] Stripping can only be done by top guilds. Guilds are matched against guilds which are close in ranking. Top 25 guilds tend to be matched up against each other because of their close proximity. Other guilds may not be able to strip for one another unless they fortuitously meet a guild they have previously arranged an alliance with for stripping purposes, and even then, because of the low probability of meeting the opponent's guild again (unless both guilds progress at the same rate, and even then the odds are not in their favour), stripping might not occur at all since the premise of stripping is that both guilds get to enjoy the advantage, with 1 guild having a go first.

~

Just some thoughts. In any case, given that Gree is likely to remain passive as long as they are earning lots of $$$ (well, I'm basing future actions on past behaviour), any solution would have to be player-based. Pessimistically, because I think the current metagame and game theory both favour stripping for the top guilds, the trend will simply continue.

My only worry is that once it reaches a threshold where many old players can't stand for it anymore, just like many other games which I've observed, there will be a mass exodus. This is especially likely if another game similar to K&D but which offers better/more intelligent/competitive play is introduced to the players.

Is it cheating... of course it is. Its a guild war, not a guild alliances war. But guild wars are broken in many ways. Rewards are pretty lame outside top 10, even pretty bad for top 10 considering how much time and money they must spend to get it. Epic Boss has been best part of game recently, the rewards are worth the effort. And best of all, the weekly bosses aren't teaming up to make it harder for honest players to win.
    Lord Marius SE
    Guild Champion- Spartan Elite (Recruiting actives, no spending requirement just highly active)
    Maxed most EB+s since Swampstone. Fusing for epics.

Guild Alliances

Here is your alliance:
    RR, RP, R rug, R flamers, R drug, R clay, 3 stars and a Sun, aye ready aye, chrono trigger, flaming matter, ham slamwich, Italian job, Kaos, Kaos Reigns, KOB, Legendary Sages, Over level 100, OtSS, Pale Rider, Sauce, Secret Ninjas, SNL, The Shadows, TSS, Unleashed, Unova, Veni Vidi Vici, War.

They talk to each other through the war. Strip armor for one another. Plan who will be the next top ten. Rouge guilds beware. You will be targeted if you are not part of their alliances and try to be top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned player View Post
    Here is your alliance:
    RR, RP, R rug, R flamers, R drug, R clay, 3 stars and a Sun, aye ready aye, chrono trigger, flaming matter, ham slamwich, Italian job, Kaos, Kaos Reigns, KOB, Legendary Sages, Over level 100, OtSS, Pale Rider, Sauce, Secret Ninjas, SNL, The Shadows, TSS, Unleashed, Unova, Veni Vidi Vici, War.

They talk to each other through the war. Strip armor for one another. Plan who will be the next top ten. Rouge guilds beware. You will be targeted if you are not part of their alliances and try to be top ten.
    You can't plan who will be next top 10, & right now there are very few guilds who won't strip for almost any other guilds.