Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BethMo View Post
    The gem sales certainly have a large impact, but the armor prize is a very large factor as well. Water/fire is a very sought-after armor type, and even the top ribbon prizes are a useful addition to almost every player's armor collection. Contrast that with war #4, with a mono spirit epic that mostly sits collecting dust. I know a number of people who sat out or played minimally in that war because of the lousy prizes who came back extra strong for this one.

Ohhhhhh yes.. that too Thanks, yet again, for your insights Beth!

The gem sales certainly have a large impact, but the armor prize is a very large factor as well. Water/fire is a very sought-after armor type, and even the top ribbon prizes are a useful addition to almost every player's armor collection. Contrast that with war #4, with a mono spirit epic that mostly sits collecting dust. I know a number of people who sat out or played minimally in that war because of the lousy prizes who came back extra strong for this one.
    Yea, its also about the stats. I think the reward has the highest stats in the game atm which is higher than the plus version for Arborsteel Vanguard+.

Especially with most top 10 guilds having high bonuses, most of them being about 7/8/9%.

Mono's are considerable weaker as compared to double elements. So I think that Gree has to take note that the mono's released should be either on par or slightly stronger than a dual element at about 7/8% bonuses.

With our guild bonuses at 9%, most of my mono's are just collecting dust.

And yea this armor looks freaking bad ass as well, but I think overall it was also the stats that made it a killer combination. If the stats were the same / lower than other epics. Maybe ppl will spend less.

Incentive to GREE to make better looking EPICs and also better stats armor. And give mono's a higher stat as compared to dual elem to perhaps balance out the game.

kudus to cafe and bethmo for the commentary pretty interesting stuff.

I think some members in DK was fighting for top points in our own guild

Too many super competitive ppl around and probably deep pockets too.

And also Zues was going for the 1 million point record, probably his own personal achievement.

GREE might want to come out with new achievement system soon.
    Last edited by toogoodformyowngood; 12-01-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Android, Level 140+ (Retired)

Maxed:
    1) Kerstman's Shroud (+)
    2) Blazestone Mantle (+)
    3) Maelstrom Irons (+)
    4) Bronze Chromatic Mantle (+)
    5) Blazebourne Vanguard
    6) Forgestone Aegis
    7) Soulshard Nercomancer
    8) Northerner's Battlegear
    9) Tectonic Mantle

Non maxed:
    1) Armor of the Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post

RECAP FOR ANDROID:

The real action, as predicted, was the race to top 10. While ONLY THE BEST positioned themselves earlier in the last 12 hours to establish themselves as the projected 2nd place with a decent sized gap (about 0.5 million points or so), the other 10 guilds fought bitterly until the end for the 8 remaining top 10 spots. At the end of the war, Unicorn Stampede sniped the 3rd place finish with a mere 25k difference, and at the other end of the cluster is U2EZ who missed the 10th place spot by a mere 15k points. WOW.
    Pretty good recap! Now let me tell the Unicorn side of the story =P
    Having been safely seated at 4th for most of the last day, the guilds below began their final push and dragged us into a dogfight. Just before our last battle of the war, we found ourselves precariously in 10th spot.

However, we had organized for a final epic battle and that is what we gave, pushing our way past the rest of the guilds to 3rd.

Also, we gave OTB a good spanking for the final battle =P (I'm saying this with no intention of offending OTB, who had no need to give their best, having secured 2nd).

Cheers everyone!
    IGN: Aragorn (Lv300+, Android)
    Guild: Unicorn Stampede

PM me on Line Messenger (id: aragon27) if you are interested in joining the herd!

On the iOS side: Congrats to all, it was a good war.

Respect to DPA for pushing so hard, that was a tough one.
    IGN: TemplateRR
    Line: Template
    Guild: RR

Who's ally guild is Knights of Furyans. level 20 guild, 8 element bonus (android)
    7 of em are using blazestone
    1 is using armor of devoted
    to find this guild, go to eb leaderboards and at around 1-20 you will find 1 of them using fury tag

i also heard majestic had around 10 leechers
    Last edited by Oxilated; 12-02-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Knights of Furyans is a side project we are currently working on. The Herd is growing at an alarming rate, and we need all the room we can get!
    Are you serious about KnD and an active player? Tired of not receiving war epics after spending your hard earned gems? If so, contact me with any inquires about joining one of the original top 10 guilds on Android.

Line ID: daveo2

Was a really nice tight and exciting war. We made it to #38 this time but the top-10 fight in Android was a lot fun to watch. Respect to those guilds
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

Quote Originally Posted by DaveO View Post
    Knights of Furyans is a side project we are currently working on. The Herd is growing at an alarming rate, and we need all the room we can get!
    It is one of the side projects we are currently working on. Currently, Team Unicorn's subguild, "The Noobicorns," are trying to keep up with them. You may also see some blazestone armors in there...

Quote Originally Posted by AragonRay View Post
    Pretty good recap! Now let me tell the Unicorn side of the story =P
    Ooooo a story from the "insider." Thanks for that. I can't imagine all the fun you guys had at that last battle!

Quote Originally Posted by toogoodformyowngood View Post
    I think some members in DK was fighting for top points in our own guild
    So that explains the solo guild frenzy...

Quote Originally Posted by toogoodformyowngood View Post
    And also Zues was going for the 1 million point record, probably his own personal achievement.
    Ah yes, the millionaire club. We had some extra RR activity even after DPA stopped pushing us because of that, too.
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

Thanks for the insightful graphs and witty comments.

Your war posts are easily the best part of the forum.
    Guild Name: Iron Throne (Android)
    Guild Level: 56 (35/35 members)
    28 levels of elemental bonuses
    Lvl 100+ players welcome
    Line: kddaenerys
    #58 in War of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Lou 1xxx View Post
    its called bragging rights, and general competitiveness between guilds, and inguild members.
    and generally nothing to do with his spare time. click, swipe, click swipe, score, win big/ger
    Ahhhh someone who gets "it"

You know you are sitting there and already made enough pts, but you say ..just a little more, let me see if I can beat this guy ...Im in 10th, 15th, 20th whatever in points..I HATE not being top ten. Stuff like that makes you do just a little more for no good reason I can think of.

My first ever frenzy happened the very last battle of this war, how can you say no to a frenzy?

Im already missing being at war, I love it.

Ah yes, the millionaire club. We had some extra RR activity even after DPA stopped pushing us because of that, too.
    Beth, with my little experience at the Android side, making the millionaire club at the Android is a bit more challenging. On iOS, the scoring rewards high ranked knights hitting high ranked officers. For example, you can get ~500 points for killing a GM. On android, the spread between high and low score is a lot narrower. A high ranked knighthitting a GM may only earn you around ~250 pts (and the same high ranked knight hitting a low ranked commander gets you ~120 points). At the same time, there's also a huge incentive for the low ranked knights to be active in the game, because their base points are higher. Example - Low ranked commanders hitting other low ranked commanders can earn you ~300 points

Basically the point scale seems to be a bit off, and also the scoring system seems to encourage beginner knights a LOT more in the game.
    Last edited by cafedecoy; 12-02-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
    Thanks for the insightful graphs and witty comments.

Your war posts are easily the best part of the forum.
    Thanks you!!!