Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

War Results! IOS and Android - Updated daily!

FINAL RESULTS ARE HERE!!!!!

https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

Sorry for the delay folks! Things got really intense last night and I am not that robot that I wish to be after all! I dozed off and OH MY GOD I MISSED THE GRAND FINALE TO THE iOS WAR by 45 minutes!!!

OK.. so this war was really unique for me personally because as I was gathering and poring over numbers I realized that I was not alone. So I need to send out my special thanks to some of the very wonderful members of this community. They are (and not really in the order of importance):

SPARKLES_DPA, Taylor, and the kind folks at the Dark Prince Alliance: I'm still not sure how or why, but you have welcomed me into your little circle and gave me front row tickets to the war zone. I got to observe and see what you do and how you do what you do up close and got a chance to experience all your ups and downs with you. Thank you for that!

Bethmo of the rainbow room! We bounced back discussions and you shared a bunch of data with me which I incorporate in my graphs! Thanks for the company and the information, it's always fun to do things with someone else!

Deatux! You found me and volunteered yourself to collect and send data! LOL Thanks for taking some tedious task off my hands!

RECAP FOR ANDROID:

Congratulations to the winner of the Android platform the Death Knights!!!! You guys blew the other guilds out of the water by scoring a whopping 14.2 million points!!! But really.. honestly, I'm scratching my head here a bit because... were you being challenged by an invisible guild? I'm unsure what drove you to score almost double points the 2nd place winners, ONLY THE BEST. Was there some internal contest that I was not aware of? Well, more power to you for finding the motivation to push and perform your strongest all the way to the end!

The real action, as predicted, was the race to top 10. While ONLY THE BEST positioned themselves earlier in the last 12 hours to establish themselves as the projected 2nd place with a decent sized gap (about 0.5 million points or so), the other 10 guilds fought bitterly until the end for the 8 remaining top 10 spots. At the end of the war, Unicorn Stampede sniped the 3rd place finish with a mere 25k difference, and at the other end of the cluster is U2EZ who missed the 10th place spot by a mere 15k points. WOW.

A the huge gap between the Ribbons and the top 10 contenders which was established early in the wars only widened. At the end of the war, this gap is over 4 million points!!!

RECAP FOR IOS:

The fierce and somewhat scary battle to the top between the Rainbow Room and the Dark Prince was the talk of the town in the iOS community. At the end, the crowned victors of the war is once again Rainbow Room! Congratulations for the fierce fight! Rainbow Room took off with a distinct lead, and then were surpassed by the Dark Prince Alliance shortly after the 18th hour mark. An intense battle and frequent ranking swapping occurred until about the 30 hour when Rainbow Room leaped forward, and then pushed forward to create and maintain a comfortable gap of around 7 million points, and winning with over 41 MILLION POINTS. WOW! A NEW RECORD!

Rainbow Room has convinced us once again that they will not be beat. Will there be other challengers in future wars, and who will attempt to dethrone Rainbow Room in the future?

The fight for the top 10 finish was not to be outdone, as the 9 guilds fighting for the 8 remaining spots pushed and challenged each other till the bitter end. Notables were the fight for the 3rd place finish between SNL and Bad Touch (with SNL leaping forward in the last few hours) and the fight for the bronze medal. These guilds surpassed the 13 MILLION POINT MARK by the end of the war, and Centurions were left behind with a mere 80k point gap.

I should also make a point to note that out of the top 10 spots available, 4 guilds were in the Rainbow family. WOW! Congratulations Rainbow Room,Rainbow Party, Rainbow Flamers, and Rainbow Rug for your repective 1st, 7th, 8th, and 10th finish!

FOLKS!!!! THIS IS NOT IT!!! I have also thrown in additional graphs and information for your entertainment!!! In the link you will find..... the cut off lines for the ribbons for both Android and IOS platforms.

I also include the history of the ranks (which should give you a qualitative idea on the competition that ensued between the top guilds) for top 10 finishers on both platforms. And thanks to some of the old data that I have collected so far (plus some additional information given to me by BethMO) you can also observe the history of ranks for the past 4 iOS wars and reminiscence on the relative fierce (or lack of) competition then!

There's also a tally of cumulative sum of points earned by top scoring guilds on iOS and Android platforms. This is really only for qualitative observation, but you can appreciate, as we suspected, how top heavy (a little less so for the Android than the iOS but still top heavy either way) the point gains are as the top 10 guilds are responsible for the majority of the points earned by the top 30 guilds!

While playing with these data, I also found an interesting correlation.... and that is... what are the factors that influence point gaining frenzy and the competition that comes with it? Well, I found a few possible suspects... one could be the actual reward and how "sexy" it is. Yet another could be that we are generally leaning towards pushing ourselves further as time goes by. However, the most definitive correlation came from something much more unexpected... and these were the GEM SALES!!! You see, when the gem sales were only 20% off, the community responded with a relatively luke warm enthusiasm for the war. However, the interest piqued when the gem sale was 30% (war#3) and this current war, and the craziest war of yet, came with ah 40% gem sale!!!

So for this, I end with a question... are the sales really saving you money, or is it driving you broke as it is pushing you to spend greater net $$$ than you would have otherwise spent???????? In other words... if anyone from GREE is looking at this... please give us a 90% gem sale for the next war and we promise you we will buy tons of gems and have tons of fun. You scratch our back, we scratch yours... *wink wink nudge nudge*

And last but not least.. a lot of folks were wondering just how much these top guilds were putting up to fight for and to remain on the top 10. Well, in the last war, I created an algorithm to estimate this considering many variables and reasonable estimates backed by solid evidence (as outlined in the slide in the fine print) so the estimate says that the winning guild in the iOS ... bought a brand new car! LOL. My apologies to the android folks as I could not generate a similar estimate.. I'm still fumbling with the "different" scoring system over at the android side.

Well folks, this was quite a war! It encroached into our family holiday time (for those folks in the USA), it was intense, it was dramatic, and in some cases... emotional. But I think one thing that we will all agree on is that this was by far the most interesting war ever!!! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!!!

cafe
    Last edited by cafedecoy; 12-01-2013 at 05:08 PM.

From November 29th

Recap for IOS:

The gamers have gone MAAAAADDDDDDDD. EPIC FRENZY ALERT!!! The Dark Prince Alliance and The Rainbow Room crew decided to burn off their 3000 calorie festive turkey meal with power finger pounding exercise, and boy are they committed! The brave men and women of the guilds have decided to forgo sleep and probably even bathroom breaks to go all out on crazier than ever epic battle! Just to give you an idea, the 10 million point mark has been surpassed in the 14th hour, but neither of the guilds have slowed down since, as the 20 million point mark was surpassed only 11 HOURS LATER.

Just as a reference, the 20 million point barrier was broken only once in that past, and that was by the Rainbow Room and the Untouchables after an all out 4 day epic battle. Did somebody not get the memo that WE STILL HAVE TWO DAYS LEFT ON THIS WAR???!!!!!

The game dashed off with the Rainbow Room in the lead with a gap as wide as over 2million points, but the Dark Prince Alliance surpassed the leading guild in the 19th hour leaving the Rainbow room trailing close behind. The two guilds swapped leads several times earlier today, with point gaps in the mere thousands up to 1.5 million. In the recent hours (not graphed), the Rainbow Room has captured the lead yet again with over a million point gap, but the end of the war is still too far away and there are no guarantees! Will Dark Prince Alliance successfully dethrone the Rainbow Room and become that guild that finally break their record of win streaks in the Epic Guild Wars? Gamers -who are you rooting for?

Besides the fight at the top, the activity at the top 10 guilds has been pretty dramatic as well, with many guilds constantly swapping places to remain above the ribbons range. Some hours ago, the contenders for the brand new epic armor have started to distinguish themselves with a huge and noticeable gap between the guilds above 5 million points, and those who are trailing behind by about 2 million points. However, there are only 10 spots at the top, and 11 guilds in contention. The musical chair game is projected to continue until the bitter end, as one of those eleven guilds will have to fall into the ribbons range.

Recap for Android War

Again, my apologies to the android community as I am not familiar with the usual suspects in the winners' circle. Currently in the lead is Death Knights, and with a large safety margin. It is probably safe to assume that their victory is secured. So a little early, but congratulations!!!

A handful of guilds trail behind, and it is too early to tell which guilds will make it to the top 10 spot. I expect the battle to the top 10 finish for the android guilds will be much more exciting and action packed than the iOS platform.

RECAP AT THE 48th HOUR:

Folks, it's interesting to see that the two platforms are battling furiously, but their fights seem a little different from each other. The focus on the iOS platform is the mad craziness for the black medal, while the Androids seem to have defined their leader in the first 24 hours... the only mystery that remains to be seen is who will stay at the top 10?

ANDROIDS:

A distinct leader in the group is the Death Knights, and their total scores have almost DOUBLED that of the 2nd place guild. The Death Knights might as well turn off their devices and have an early victory celebration with a pint of beer or so (OK.. g**** juice for the under aged warriors.. :P ) because the probability of them being surpassed have now gone from improbable to practically impossible.

There seems to be a dash for the 2nd place with ONLY THE BEST and Forsaken within reach of each other. The two guilds have been swapping places in the past few hours, and a narrow gap of around 100k points separates them.

The next cluster of guilds that have distinguished themselves are those vying for the top 10 contention... clearly, there's an over 2 million point gap between those who are going for that brand new shiny armor and those who have decided to pass this opportunity for another battle. But wait.. there are TWELVE GUILDS hovering around this 5 million point mark.... and these guilds have been fighting all along tooth and nail pushing and pressuring each other. We will see who will make it in the end, as it is too close to tell.. but boy, at the end of the war, there will be two sad guilds realizing that they could have scored half as many points and still be in that Ribbon A tier.

IOS

I'm pretty sure that the folks at the iOS side are numb and in shock by the epic battle between the DPA and the Rainbow Room. As of the 48th hour, the Rainbow Room leads by almost 4 million points. This gap was achieved during the showdown frenzy that occurred at around 30th hour. A mere 3 hours later, Rainbow Room soars to the top. It seems like the two guilds have been pacing each other since, and neither are showing signs of giving up. We'll have to wait and see if the Dark Prince Alliance are gearing up for the last hurrah to the finish. So hold on tight and enjoy the show.

Meantime.. some fun facts:
    10 million point mark reached at around the 14th hour
    20 million point mark reached at around the 25th hour
    Previous record broken at around the 32nd hour (this record was made AFTER a 96 hour war)
    30 million point mark reached at around the 36 hour
    35 million point mark reached at around the 48th hour

So what does this mad gemming mean? Well folks, I have some decent ball park estimates, and let's just say that the Rainbow Room has purchased a nice brand new car. But more on that later....

In the recent hours, SNL and Bad Touch have butted heads for the Silver Medal contention, and the musical chair battle for the top 10 finish continues for the guilds currently placed 5th to 11th. A 4 million + later are the rest of the Ribbon A guilds.

Anything can happen in the last 24 hours folks! Who will achieve their goals?
    Last edited by cafedecoy; 12-01-2013 at 04:01 PM.

I usually don't post my graphs until the end of the war, but here's the comparison of points for the top two guilds in this war vs. the previous three wars (as of 10 PM Pacific time Friday):

Crazy times!
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

[QUOTE=BethMo;1096718]I usually don't post my graphs until the end of the war, but here's the comparison of points for the top two guilds in this war vs. the previous three wars (as of 10 PM Pacific time Friday):

Thanks Bethmo! And now we have crushed the previous 96th hour record in about 30 hours.....

I think whatever happens, DPA deserves a standup ovation for putting in so much effort. I'm rooting for DPA.

i suppose the rest of the top ten guilds can just stop playing and wasting gems on this game.

You will never surpass DPA and RR.

Quote Originally Posted by shukai84 View Post
    i suppose the rest of the top ten guilds can just stop playing and wasting gems on this game.

You will never surpass DPA and RR.
    That would be more true if there wasn't an 11th guild within a few 100k of #10.

That one guild will push the others above them, meaning unnecessary spending for all but those going specifically for #1, and meaning one guild will spend for that super awesome Boilerplate+.

Gosh, if only there was a way to get everyone on the same page to cut down on spending... I think I've heard rumblings of that somewhere.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post

That one guild will push the others above them, meaning unnecessary spending for all but those going specifically for #1, and meaning one guild will spend for that super awesome Boilerplate+.

Gosh, if only there was a way to get everyone on the same page to cut down on spending... I think I've heard rumblings of that somewhere.
    I agree with you man..that's an ideal situation where everybody should just stop spending...no point fighting for top ten when there is no need to do so...and for 10th and 11th...i hope u dun get boilerplate+ after fighting for 2 days lol...else it will be very stupid for the 40 people in the guild..

Quote Originally Posted by shukai84 View Post
    I agree with you man..that's an ideal situation where everybody should just stop spending...no point fighting for top ten when there is no need to do so...and for 10th and 11th...i hope u dun get boilerplate+ after fighting for 2 days lol...else it will be very stupid for the 40 people in the guild..
    In an ideal situation, NO ONE will play at the war, and then I will declare a war and get highest points and win the epic+ armor by spending just 5 minutes on the game and without spending a single gem. Oh wait... whose ideal were you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post

Give epics to the top 100, then nobody will spend for top 10!!

Just want to give props for all the work cafe, really appreciate it and thank you!
    Game Name: Poloz88
    Guild: Death Knights (3x Black Medals)
    Interested in joining the DK empire? http://tinyurl.com/meyz3p5

Quote Originally Posted by knightsanddraggings View Post
    Give epics to the top 100, then nobody will spend for top 10!!
    Considering if you took a handful of people from any of the top 10, and add their point totals and they would be in the top 100... Don't think the entire top 100 is deserving of the epics.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by poloz View Post
    Just want to give props for all the work cafe, really appreciate it and thank you!
    Awwww thanks! New updates later today and it will be more exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    In an ideal situation, NO ONE will play at the war, and then I will declare a war and get highest points and win the epic+ armor by spending just 5 minutes on the game and without spending a single gem. Oh wait... whose ideal were you talking about?
    That's the problem, if certain top guilds decided to stop spending, that would just make the other guilds spend all the more. This is why, unfortunately, it looks like this will never happen.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

top 100 x 40 = 4,000 pp with epics? woah...what is the point of opening chest anymore ? LOL