Is it 2 years for you? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it 2 years for you?

Post Count
    Gotta add, remember thinking VIP status was a joke. I had many occasions where I had sheets and sheets of 9 digit codes laying around. My roommate thought I was going all "John Nash" on them.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Don't know the exact day but yeah I've been playing for 2 years. I think it was right when the app released because it was in the top ten free apps at the time.

Post Count
    Been just over 2 years, If JMC were around he would be most likely one of if not the longest playing forum member. I would be just behind him by 1-2 days. We had MW released in Canada around Nov 11, 2011 and I had a pop up on my iPad advertising this game so I downloaded it. Sadly there are many of the original players who were very active on this forum and who posted some very insightful messages no longer here.

To say that things have changed is an understatement. Some for the better but also a lot for the worse. Support was particularly non existent back then, other then the odd response from Crime City Mark here in the forum.

The game even way back then was in a constant state of flux, always called this the only strategy game I have ever played where not having a strategy was the best strategy.

The biggest screw up back then was with the Stealth Frigates, many of us figured out that if we attacked the crap out of rivals that we would build up a nice pot of valour. This was then used to buy the Stealth Frigates which Funzio had messed up on in terms of cost vs power. So free players way back then were some of the strongest players in the game. Funzio realized this and suddenly changed the cost of the attack and defense stats of the units which set off a furor here on the forum. Then after several players got support to give them refunds for valour Funzio suddenly changed the values back to what we see now but also increased their cost. But some of us held back and didn't cash out, so Funzio suddenly radically changed the death rate of these units and they were suddenly dropping like flies.

The moral here, never think that this game is a fair fight, it has not and never will be....

Then General Insane showed up and the game has never been the same since. If there is one real legend of MW my vote would be for him, whoever he is. You see back then nobody figured that someone would spend their way so quickly to the top, myself included. So he was labeled a hacker and called all sorts of names in the forum. But he showed all of us how fast you could build an army that nobody could beat, until a few other folks with equally deep pockets turned up and then it was game on! He also showed us that having an army stronger than everyone else meant you did not need an economy, you just raided the crap out of everyone else. So he had a very spartan base. Which was a very logical thing to do, why give up resources to an enemy that could take advantage of it and that is how the 'cloak' was born...

That was probably the most interesting period of this game, and from where PUN was spawned. Partly following the old saying, if you can't beat them join them. But perhaps more fittingly, if you can beat them and join them then decimate everyone else.

Other then a game my wife got me started on on Facebook this is the only online game I still play. Tried the other Funzio/Gree concoctions but most are just regraphiced versions of this game engine and have since been deleted.

So why do I still play, I think partly because I'm hoping that one day the game will actually work the way it was supposed to..... ok just kidding! It won't! But mainly it's because of the other players who over the years have become friends and team mates. If it wasn't for this aspect of the game this app would have been nuked a long time ago since I have a very low monetary investment in it compared to others.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 11-26-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    its been 2+ years for me also.
    I remember looking through all the buildings and thinking i would never be able to afford a nano building.

I also remember saying to myself why the heck would anyone buy gold?? Now i don't even like adding up the numbers in my head of how much i have spent. And yes, its all because of factions, i was gold free until then.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It will be two years for me in mid-December. I remember when the forums were useful and fun and it was worth checking out everyday especially as a free player. Now, not so much.

Post Count
    You guys that are 2+ years, what are your in game names? Mine was Niteshooter before I changed to Agent Orange to reduce confusion.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    You guys that are 2+ years, what are your in game names? Mine was Niteshooter before I changed to Agent Orange to reduce confusion.
    I'm always here with you. Still a clean free player so far. Happy thanksgiving!
    Started on Dec 10 2011
    MW 183 657 097 IpH 9,500,000

Started on Feb 5 2012
    CC 357 749 226 IpH 16,500,000

Started on April 19 2012
    KA 885 307 144 IpH 45000

A good death is its Own reward.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    My first name was stephen.

Post Count
    Gunnery Sergeant

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Post Count
    Hit 100k at level 170. Those were the good ol' days. Day 622 for me. Same name.

McGurt Assisted Living
    I just sh!t my pants. PM for details.

Post Count
    2 years coming mid December whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    I may not be your daddy, but I will still spank you.

Lurker
    Post Count

Two Years for ME!

2 For Me! Started over several times, and now have 4 players playing actively at different levels.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhenry02 View Post
    Gotta add, remember thinking VIP status was a joke. I had many occasions where I had sheets and sheets of 9 digit codes laying around. My roommate thought I was going all "John Nash" on them.
    thats great i remember family looking at me strange when finding pages and pages of codes. think they thought i had gone of the deep end.
    My favorite memory was counting the number of indestructible above 50 in stats and thinking i was the man
    almost 2 years for me, stop playing for a bit so maybe a little under

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    2+ for me as well.. Especially if you count CC which I started day 1. Yeah.. Pretty crazy to think of all the changes since funzio went out the door.. And the massive amount of time I've wasted with this. It's an addiction no doubt. My in game name has always been the same. .

The first box event in CC paid a unit called Diamond Duster (I think). It was a gun.. Had a +1 Respect per fight buff.. And was around 200/200. I remember thinking "MY GOD MAN! 200/200!"

The nice thing about being a veteran.. Is that these LE buildings are a cakewalk.

Lurker
    Post Count

Nearly 2 years for me.

I downloaded the game just before new year 2012. I'm mostly a free player so have only got to level 208, but I still enjoy playing the game.