View Poll Results: Do we want wars during the holidays?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I have family. I don't have time for a war during holidays.

45 60.00%
  • No, my mother will beat me

6 8.00%
  • Yes, I have no life, no family, no girlfriend/boyfriend...

5 6.67%
  • Yes, I will ignore my family for digital data.

19 25.33%
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Wars

How else will they pay for black Friday shopping spree?
    Legends and Lore needs members who will pledge at most 0k gems for guild war.
    Interested in a Free to play guild? Please PM me, thank you!

Guild level 59, all bonuses 8-9%
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I Support the 11+ Movement !!
    I am not boycotting, just reducing my gem spending by about 99.9%

Everyone I know will be at work, so I will just be chilling all day. I'll br able to play almost the entire time. Kinda stupid though that it is on a major holiday. Don't Gree's employees want the day off? I assume they were under the assumption that most people had the day off.

curious if there is a black friday sale for gree. like one day only epics for sale?
    Guild Master of Gravity lv 51, 7/33

spirit: 8% fire: 8% air: 8% water: 8% earth: 7%
    Name : NickkyDC
    Level 139 ( Moontide non + 91/99, Specter's Shroud non+ 20/99, Firestorm Vanguard non+ 40/99, Assassins shroud +, and Horsemans Battlegear+ both maxed)
    Add me - XBC-XXZ-BZQ

The point isn't if this is only played in America. If you know one of your largest player base is having a holiday it would be smart to have it one week later.

Oop well no big lost. One less gem spender during thanksgiving.
    Ridge

Guild: Brethren of the Storm

XBD-FBC-YPW

Lol less people will be spending but there will still be people buying.

And those that are still spending may compensate for their guildies that aren't due to holiday.

Moar mooniez
    Gem Stock: 113
    Current Lineup:
    BKal+ MAX
    Combustion+ MAX
    Northerners MAX
    Maelstrom Irons+ MAX
    X3 Maelstrom Irons regular
    Beheamoth + MAX

Knight level 54
    12x lvl3 TrainingFields, 1x lvl3 monster Nest, 3x lvl 3 Forges.
    GM of GemXion

I honestly don't mind.... American holiday, take a few minutes out of an hour to dump energy
    Hello I'm Bob. Currently level 100+ in Knights and Dragons. I check on the game very frequently.
    Android Friend Code: WBB-HMZ-RPW

Christmas was invented by the Romans as a means of boosting economy & materialism. D*mn, those guys had foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Christmas was invented by the Romans as a means of boosting economy & materialism. D*mn, those guys had foresight.
    Actually you are incorecct. Certain aspects of Christmas came from stores trying to boost the economy. The actual reason why Christmas is celebrated, was to celebrate the birth of Jesus. On the night Jesus was born, the three wise men came to give Jesus presents. That is symbolized by the presents people share nowadays. What came from money, was wrapping the presents, the pine tree, ornaments, stockings, and christmas lights. Other things also help such as Santa, and sponsored events by the public.
    Last edited by knightsanddraggings; 11-23-2013 at 01:11 PM.

And you're both incorrect. The Christmas tree was brought over from organ beliefs to help the "conforming" to the new christian faith. Some pecans cut down trees and kept them in their house to shield the trees spirit over the cold months lol then again I could be wrong it may not have been pegan at all but it was an older religion. I did a paper on it back in college.

Either way.
    Current Lineup:
    BKal+ MAX
    Combustion+ MAX
    Northerners MAX
    Maelstrom Irons+ MAX
    Beheamoth + MAX

Knight level 54
    GM of GemXion

Quote Originally Posted by knightsanddraggings View Post
    Actually you are incorecct. Certain aspects of Christmas came from stores trying to boost the economy. The actual reason why Christmas is celebrated, was to celebrate the birth of Jesus. On the night Jesus was born, the three wise men came to give Jesus presents. That is symbolized by the presents people share nowadays. What came from money, was wrapping the presents, the pine tree, ornaments, stockings, and christmas lights. Other things also help such as Santa, and sponsored events by the public.
    Actually you're both wrong. EUN is half right that the early Christians adopted a previously existing holiday from the Roman calendar, handy when trying to convert people. But it certainly wasn't a celebration of "Christmas" - why would Roman's celebrate Christ before Christianity? Knights version is cute and I like the religious justification for commericalizing the holiday, although it in no way refutes Eun's point.

The whole idea that someone would "know" the day Jesus was born 350 years later doesn't make much sense. When Constantine declared it would be 12/25 were supposed to believe he just happened to pick the date a few days after the winter solstace - the first day you can tell when days are no longer getting shorter and spring will return (a pagan holiday dating back forever that the Roman's adopted and already celebrated throughout the empire - probably this general date is celebrated everywhere in the hemisphere cause it was a big relief when you saw the days were getting longer again)? It's a lot easier to rebrand an existing holiday than to invent a new one, especially when you convert everyone at once by decree.

It's like when he sent his mom to Israel and she started declaring the location where each event in the new testiment occurred 350 years later and building a church on that spot. You can choose to believe the local goat herder knew that pile of dirt is where it happened if you like, but it's more likely she selected locations that made sense at the time based on then existing population centers. I thought walking the stations of the cross was a cool experience, but I'm a bit skeptical those are the actual locations, given archeological evidence doesn't bear it out.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Haha funny! This thread has turned into, "Where did Christmas come from?" LOL!
    Knights & Dragons (Android)
    IGN: Usul [100+]

Guild war rankings: 4th, 10th, 9th, 3rd, 3rd .... more coming soon
    The Herd is growing fast and strong!

Don't feel quite up to par to be top 10 *yet*? But love to compete? We would also like to help you too! Team Unicorn and other US allies are recruiting!

There's a book I highly recommend, but I can't think of name atm. It's about book destruction throughout history & is written in a fascinating & detailed timeline format starting 3000BC or something. I'm skeptical to relieve anything prior to about 50 years ago, so much information has been lost & stifled for the sake of mass conditioning starting thousands of years ago.

Personally, Alex Colliers theory on our history I find the most believable. This website has a ton of articles about his ideas.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/new...09/07/762.html

All hail the flying spaghetti monster.
    May he touch you with his noodly appendage
    Current Lineup:
    BKal+ MAX
    Combustion+ MAX
    Northerners MAX
    Maelstrom Irons+ MAX
    Beheamoth + MAX

Knight level 54
    GM of GemXion

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    There's a book I highly recommend, but I can't think of name atm. It's about book destruction throughout history & is written in a fascinating & detailed timeline format starting 3000BC or something. I'm skeptical to relieve anything prior to about 50 years ago, so much information has been lost & stifled for the sake of mass conditioning starting thousands of years ago.

Personally, Alex Colliers theory on our history I find the most believable. This website has a ton of articles about his ideas.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/new...09/07/762.html
    Personally, I like Lamb. By Christopher Moore. Great book if you want a humorous look into the potential younger years, early life of Christ, of course told by what would have been a perfect BFF of Christ, a guy named Biff. And its even funnier if you know anything about religion.

Or, if you fancy a good Christmas story: The Stupidest Angel. Another book by Christopher Moore.

Actually, anything by him is a hilarious read.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 11-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by knightsanddraggings View Post
    Everyone I know will be at work, so I will just be chilling all day. I'll br able to play almost the entire time. Kinda stupid though that it is on a major holiday. Don't Gree's employees want the day off? I assume they were under the assumption that most people had the day off.
    Is Gree located in the U.S. I think I complained about some offers timing being wierd and they replied they are NOT located in the U.S.