What would a 'Guild Event' look like? --> Bring back old epic bosses?

In the Official Suggestions Thread, one of the more popular ones is expansion of the current guild system. More events other than Wars, more options, more detail... There have been several very doable ideas and a few seemingly more difficult ones. I would like to see the ideas consolidated and fleshed out. Which ones have merit? Which ones are best?

My two cents:
    One very real possibility that has yet to be mentioned, and one that would make a lot of sense for GREE is to bring back old epic bosses. You could make an event and the guild would have to fight multiple bosses in stages together to earn rewards.

Start with the oldest bosses and bring back 4 at a time. Each guild member would receive EE just like in a war, but it would be used to fight with other guild members against the epic boss team. Up to 5 members could fight at a time, and damage would remain for two hours, just like the current system.

Early stages could be just 2 bosses, beatable very quickly by few knights. As the number of defeats increased, a third boss, then a fourth boss could join, requiring several attacks of 5 knights to defeat all 4. Rewards could be tiered like the current system, but given to every member of the guild at each milestone.

This type of Limited Time Quest (LTQ) would let GREE take a break from creating new weekly art, freeing up more time for other things. It would increase guild activity because coordinating 5 knights to attack, deciding who will attack and who has which armors would takes time and communication.

Certainly, and importantly, a small amount of gems might be used by many players, which can be a much greater total than many gems used by a few. If, for instance, the epic boss team was only 1 attack away from defeat and disappeared in 5 minutes, or if the guild was close to earning the next reward tier, but the event was almost over. Or if in addition to the rewards earned from reaching a given tier, there were rewards at the end of the event for overall guild ranking... there could be a lot of total gems spent. And it shouldn't be too hard to do.

I'm no programmer, but it seems like most of the elements needed to pull this off are already in place. We have guilds. We have epic bosses. We have collective rewards and kill # tier systems. Would it only require small modifications of what already exists to make this happen. Perhaps someone who knows about these things could comment on its feasibility more?

But this is only one idea. Lets gather the others in one place, a self edited semi comprehensive list of new guild event ideas.

Post your idea below:

How should guilds be improved?

Current list of ideas from this thread:
    1. Guild event: Epic boss teams - LTQ
    2. Guild functionality: Trading armors within guilds (or elsewhere)

(pending: basic list of ideas presented elsewhere)
    Last edited by Zyntree; 11-21-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Updated consolidated list of ideas
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Trading system based on the same rarity of armors
    Make silver stars tradeable whit another silver star, epics whit other epics.
    Limit this to guild friends only, and maybe to a certain armor level. Like you couldnt trade a level 10 blazeborne for a 99 moontide. Also make some armors untradeable, like the recent boss armors or the guild war rewards epics. This could let me exchange on of my three blazes for one of my friend tectonics, for example. Or my fire fusion boosts for her earth ones. Only examples of the limitation that could be put here. Maybe make the trades price gold for low armors to prices like 1-10 gems for the epics.
    Limit the trades to guild only, or to anonymous ones.
    Like i set "i want a moontide level 50~70 and i give a maelstrom level 50. The armor at this point get taken from your inventory and will stay locked for 24 hours. When someone write also" i want a maelstrom level 40~60 and i give a moontide level 70, the trade would be matched and a popup would appear sayng trade complete and giving you the armor. If no match is found in the time lapse( like someone giving a level 1 blaze for a level 90-99 sky majesty, for example) the armor would come back and the money/gems would be taken whatsoever. Maybe add an extra bulding that you unlock at level 40+, or when you complete a new line of quests? May make plus versions tradeable whit a higher price?
    Last edited by Sakino; 11-21-2013 at 04:50 AM.

The current EB system is nearing the end, EB armors are now approaching Epics. Will they surpass weak epics like moontide and make them useless? System needs to be fixed or level cap mase higher so its more level based then armors

Armors will always become outdated. It happens in every game so that they may keep improving. Its just the nature of the beast and we have to get used to it. As for trading armors this would open the game to real world trading which is always an issue with other games like RoB but it happens. It has its ups and downs. Me personally, I'd support it.
    Gem Stock: 113
    Current Lineup:
    BKal+ MAX
    Combustion+ MAX
    Northerners MAX
    Maelstrom Irons+ MAX
    X3 Maelstrom Irons regular
    Beheamoth + MAX

Knight level 54
    12x lvl3 TrainingFields, 1x lvl3 monster Nest, 3x lvl 3 Forges.
    GM of GemXion

I love both ideas, trading and Epic Boss bring back. I would like say that trading is going to be a win for gree, and a win for us. Double win! It is my most wanted on my list.

Back to the topic I think the epic boss thing would work. Is it just going to be rewards like what they are now? Whatever rewards they are would easily benefit low level people. This could also cause trouble since lets say a guild beats to the level right before the last reward. Then switches in all the people from sub guild with just enough people to beat the level. The few people beat it. The low levels get their armor and go back to sub guild having much better armor then they could get. I don't think gree wants it to be that easy to get good armor at low level without spending. But with some adjustments I think it could work. Just putting in my opinion on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Razer0901 View Post
    I love both ideas, trading and Epic Boss bring back. I would like say that trading is going to be a win for gree, and a win for us. Double win! It is my most wanted on my list.

Back to the topic I think the epic boss thing would work. Is it just going to be rewards like what they are now? Whatever rewards they are would easily benefit low level people. This could also cause trouble since lets say a guild beats to the level right before the last reward. Then switches in all the people from sub guild with just enough people to beat the level. The few people beat it. The low levels get their armor and go back to sub guild having much better armor then they could get. I don't think gree wants it to be that easy to get good armor at low level without spending. But with some adjustments I think it could work. Just putting in my opinion on things.
    They could make these events between wars and just lock the guild when the event starts like they do with wars.

Thought this might gain a little more traction...
    PVE guild Warz!
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

had this in suggestion thread

Guild story map

Just like the story mode map but it is a guild map

1.) You have a castle with expansion slots. It would cost a lot more gold to buy buildings but since it's a guild map, people can contribute. for example, Training field cost 50k, it would cost like 1m but the gold drop rate remains the same with no cap or higher gold rate. it instantly goes to the contribution section

2.) Own story map. Just like the story mode with earthquake serpent, hydra, etc. we would have our own story enemies (preferably previous epic bosses chosen by players). It would have ridiculous amount of Health to kill. 1 set of fight every 2 hours for every member in the guild. as we progress, the boss gets harder but since the guild is growing, it would be just the same depending on the members of the guild. Mats are seperated into people who attacked the stage.
    Most damage dealt - 6 xxx, Most attacks - 4 xxx, Finished the stage - 4 xxx, the rest - 2 xxx
    You can only be on 1 stage at a time, so make sure to choose which stage you want to do.

3.) Promo like the beast key. craft 50 xxx, blah blah blah but in the guild story to earn keys.

4.) contest to whoever finished a challenge first gets a reward

5.) it could be a guild challenge to level up