TO GREE: How to fix the wars -- Tier prizes vs. streak prizes

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TO GREE: How to fix the wars -- Tier prizes vs. streak prizes

Post Count

Exclamation TO GREE: How to fix the wars -- Tier prizes vs. streak prizes

Gree, IMO these are the steps you need to take to fix the wars in Crime City. If anyone else has any constructive ideas, please add them!

1) Do not make the streak prizes comparable to the top prizes.

Make them more like a little "bonus" for putting up the extra gold to win a battle. The streaks have brought a very high level of frustration and many people are starting to loath war weekends. I like the idea of making winning the individual battles mean something, but the way its structured now, its destroying the wars.

2) Fix the matching algorithm.

I left the top 3 to "retire" and take it easy and play on the cheap, but still found me and my little team matched up against top teams. Nothing sucks worse than being at 7/8 and getting matched with the third placed team when you're only in the top 250. I don't know what you changed for this war, but please put it back.

3) Tell us what, IF ANY, changes you're making AHEAD OF TIME!

Do not let us find out after the war starts that you've changed the matching system, or changed the prizes for streaks. People plan for wars based on the then existing structure. Your FAQ say that teams are going to be matched based on the team's attack strength... but you obviously changed something this time around without notifying anyone. Please Please Please tell us before hand, BEFORE you lock the syndicates, how the war will be structured and if any changes will be made. You will have a lot less pissed off players if you do this.

3) Do not put MW and CC wars on the same weekend.

I'm throwing this one out there for the people who play both. It really sucks. I played MW up until this past Saturday when I nuked my base and quit for good, so this doesn't impact me personally anymore.

That is all for now, unless I think of more and edit this thread. CC is the only Gree game I still play, but I don't know if I'll be playing much longer if things don't change.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Loves You View Post
    Sorry you guys got matched with Lights Out. GREE fed us a ton of streak syndicates, regardless of their rank (Top 400, Top 500, Top 750, etc) so it was obviously intentional. For what it's worth, you guys were definitely the highest ranked streak syndicate we faced, although I recall you guys being Top 100.
    We played under the name "Pop-Tarts" this war and finished 186. And just in case Gree used the prior war's finish/place in their algorithm, the Pop-Tarts syndicate was outside the top 4000 in the prior war and "Festivus" sat out. So I feel save in saying, your final finish doesn't help match you with cupcakes in the next war.

Post Count
    couldn't agree more
    Retired

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Why should streak prizes be lower? To get 9, 12, or 56 in a row takes a long time, strategy, and gold. Also there is no guarantee to getting the streak, rank is always there
    Quote Originally Posted by N41LZ View Post
    Gree you have made a big mistake, 1 Uzi should cost 100 Gold, not 5

And the event should be 12 hours only...
    You giving us too much bro, like a restaurant giving out large messy portionsss

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I think simply put MW and CC will be same war weekends until January. Has to do with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years. Is what it is.

As for modifications to game code Gree will never tell us in fact I doubt they told us the full truth of matchups and how the syn stats and rank are weighted every 24 hours of the war.

Last they like this method of messing around with us. We spend more gold than traditional war and the variability of this war was to counteract the minis (you and I were in different ones but same results). They are one step ahead of us. They will probably change battle match parameters again next war. All done to make us spend more gold and if it frustrates us, tough, they know we'll come back for more until we quit.

BTW for peeps out there: "Retire" to a gold spender means no gold but play. Gold players that "Leave" are really leaving CC. For free loaders. Well it doesn't matter what term you use since the end result is same. You quit game.

So BM should have said I retire from gold spend but will still play. Also he and other retirees may start spending gold again if the game stops deflation. But my guess is this brings and maintains new suckers er players to keep momentum going.

After all the best PVP game out there and it's junior game net $2.8 MM/day. In a fast 12 months they went from $38 MM/month to a cool $800 MM/yr rate and will hit $1BB/yr next year. Lot of money to be made in pvp games. Gree not doing as well because of glitches and player frustration. But still doing well. Gree's best investment was Funzio.

Funzio's owners worst mistake was to sell company too soon.

Post Count
    Cooch, you've got it right. I'm semi-retired in CC and QUIT in MW. Big difference.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree with most of your points except the prizes for streaks.
    Few teams manage to get all 56 done and for those that do it takes either a massive amount of gold or a huge amount of team work and coordination.
    In my view streaks should have higher level prizes as they are much more difficult to achieve.

But having said that if you are in a team that does not have gold or high levels of participation streaks are extremely frustrating. I experienced both this weekend. One was great fun. The other most definitely not.

And for the record I'm a non gold player.

Post Count
    Hmmmmm... Interesting coincidence... Our syndicate was also at 7/8 for the win streak when we got paired up with: LIGHTS OUT! Our syndicate was just over 400 at the time too. Really Gree? Match up the #400 team with the #3 team?

Im not into Gree conspiracies but very interesting that we had the exact same situation... and frustration!

Post Count
    We meet same fate on our streaks too
    Amsterdam Crime top 75. Come join us

Post Count
    I heard that Fight Club is complaining to Gree that they were matched with SAS twice.

Lurker
    Post Count
    In the first 2 wars with syndicate goals, it was already clear that GREE had made it so the last match of every streak goal would be tougher than the matches before that. Obviously though, it was still easy enough for a small streak team to successfully complete all the goals if their members stats were of top-team caliber.

My guess is that GREE tweaked the matching algorithm up more than a few notches this war to counter streak teams. Unfortunately, this tweak also applied to every team outside of the Top 100 that are a mix of light gold users and free players. Collateral damage, if you will. My team matched SAS2 at 3/4 of the streak goal, btw.
    Last edited by Top Dawg; 11-20-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This last war should have been a routine war. No new concepts introduced. Yet still problems. It's been suggested that Gree changed up the matching algorithm to affect streaks. Presumably to make more money off tougher end matches. Nothing wrong with that. A company's gotta make money. But man, this is your bread and butter event. Can't be having glitches running wild during prime time.

So first suggestion from me is to fix any existing bugs and once fixed, don't mess with it.

Aside from that, wars have always been best place for modifiers. Keep all the modifiers for the overall rankings. Yes, streaks are ridiculously difficult. So give out massive stat prizes for those streak wins. But leave the modifiers to the rankings.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    2) Fix the matching algorithm.

3) Tell us what, IF ANY, changes you're making AHEAD OF TIME!
    +1 to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    I heard that Fight Club is complaining to Gree that they were matched with SAS twice.
    im just wondering, how little self-esteem you have that causes you to attention-whore all over the forums everytime you see a fc thread or anything you can relate to fc (which is pretty much everything)... just wondering.

also: arent there rules for the size of your signature

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho Cross View Post
    arent there rules for the size of your signature
    There's been worse before - Grimmy's old one, and whoever it was had half a movie running in their sig spring to mind (shudder!)
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"