Did the LTB event just get shorter? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did the LTB event just get shorter?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Fine if they want to force people to spend gold but wtf shorten the event by 24 hours towards the end lol Gree y'all are so awesome
    No, it's not fine to force people into spending gold every single time. The fact they are is a demonstration of all that is wrong with Gree's management direction.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The last two ltb they didn't force us to spend gold. They can't all be gold free. I'm not spending gold on it but I can't be upset either. They just need to stop making last minute changes.

Consistent Contributor J4CK D4N13L N0 7's Avatar
    Post Count
    This is a joke I planned gold spend so I had a few hours spare to get the level 10 underway.
    STOP CHANGING EVENTS PART WAY THROUGH YOU IDIOTS

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardavic View Post
    Hey guys,

Our engineers are aware of the LTB event being cut short.

The event should now be available, but will end in one day. This should be corrected soon, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!
    I think, at least hope, this means they will correct it and put back the 1 day missing.

24 hours short

Hey guys,

The event should now be available, but will end in one day. This should be corrected soon, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

What will be corrected soon, the event being available or the fact that it is ending in one day when it should be two?
    I only ask because I need the amount of time your originally quoted so I can finish an upgrade. If you are not planning on sticking to the time frame you set out is it OK to buy gold to complete it and then submit a refund request in to iTunes as you have not delivered what you originally said?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    The last two ltb they didn't force us to spend gold. They can't all be gold free. I'm not spending gold on it but I can't be upset either. They just need to stop making last minute changes.
    Well, ok the circus tent was a cheapo thrown out there - that was cool. The bloody barber was more costly but the tent allowed me (and many I'm sure) to build up cash on hand and make it achievable without having 10 million+ iph. I wouldn't object if this one was more expensive still, but the way it's been done by cynically shortening the event just pees me off.*

In the old game, when you achieved certain things - like saving the 40 mil for your first nightclub, or raising stats to become immune to 90% of players - you could bag those and they opened new doors for your character. Now it seems every time you move ahead the company shifts the goalposts so you're back where you began.

* that's not meaning the sudden loss of a day. The whole event was several days shorter than previous LTBs
    Last edited by sister morphine; 11-19-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Banned
    Post Count
    just gree's way of saying thanks for being a valued customer

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 is incompetent View Post
    just gree's way of saying thanks for being a valued customer
    Agreed....but I agree it's not right to shorten time frame by 24 hours unannounced until someone made a post but ya Gree has been awesome last few months.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Callin bs on this event will cost me an extra gold now thanks gree

Post Count

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Recas View Post

did they just cut off time on the LTB event?
    i noticed the same thing

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    I hope you have thick skin because the forum can get unruly sometimes lol.
    people get unruly? i thought it was the other way around. this place is a Hitler-Paradise!

the only thing mods are left to do is pop out of players' screen and punch them in the face.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Wow ...yep another blow below the the belt!! Why do you guys keep switching things around?? Remove time ??? Really??
    I live to see the day an event rolls out without bugs and glitches..now ya guys wanna ruin LTB event too?? Crazy and moderators act as if no big deal announcing these changes days before event ends! No clear answer why the change... This is so wrong once again Gree...damn sucks!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hey guys,

Thanks!
    What does this mean. Its gonna be set to original time or is this a new sblnt event

Post Count
    I had to do some light wikipedia reading after finding out about this one...

"In the United States, courts have held that the purveyor using a bait-and-switch operation may be subject to a lawsuit by customers for false advertising."
    "In England and Wales it is banned under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Breaking this law can result in a criminal prosecution, an unlimited fine and two years in jail."
    "In Canada, this tactic is illegal under the Competition Act."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

Banned
    Post Count
    Let all lawyers playing this game start a massive class action law suit against Greed - how's that for 'THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE" ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by IvanDrago View Post
    I had to do some light wikipedia reading after finding out about this one...

"In the United States, courts have held that the purveyor using a bait-and-switch operation may be subject to a lawsuit by customers for false advertising."
    "In England and Wales it is banned under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Breaking this law can result in a criminal prosecution, an unlimited fine and two years in jail."
    "In Canada, this tactic is illegal under the Competition Act."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch