Loading Times

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Loading Times

Loading Times

I play a lot of iOS games, and the loading time for KA is the longest out of all of them. Clash of Clans, Puzzles and Dragons - all load significantly faster than KA. I'm also a developer, so I understand what it takes to reduce load times. My guess is that KA is on the lowest priority for maintenance and improvements over the other games that Gree hosts.

Gree, do you have any plans to improve load time performance? Does anyone else notice the long load times and are slightly put off by them?

Banned
    Post Count
    This thread officially marks every single component of the game has been complained about. stop making complaining threads and quit the game ya dbag.

Asking if Gree has plans to improve it is not complaining. I also wanted to see if ither players had similar thoughts.

Post Count
    It has become longer then before. I too have noticed it takes 2.5 mins on ipod and 1 minutes for ipad while mw takes 15-30 seconds
    Join the kingdom giants 789-864-115
    Join hero quest 884-824-165

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    My iPhone 5 loads way faster than my ipad 3 which is way faster than my 4th gen iPod. I assumed mostly device based but i don't play other gree games so don't know, what i do see as a problem is the ipad will often "partially load" for example no bonuses work . And the iPod won't connect many times. iPhone 5 pretty reliable. So isn't the issue more device based?

Consistent Contributor bumpyfunk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Takes about 1.5 mins on 4s.....
    Funky Raiding Berserkers.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    About 10 seconds on iPhone 5s!

Post Count
    The loading time was significantly increased with the release of KA 2.0. Dunno what they changed....

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The real slim shady View Post
    This thread officially marks every single component of the game has been complained about. stop making complaining threads and quit the game ya dbag.
    You've joined the forum for a whole TWO DAYS and you're bagging on someone whose been around for a year now??

yeah, HE's the dbag... uh huh....

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    cant get the gems purchase to download - just the circle in the middle that keeps going round and round

Banned
    Post Count
    Just changed phones and it's way faster in the 5s. I say 8 seconds average.

Post Count
    Think there's some variability probably with the OS version you have, and maybe what else is installed / running on the device. I have the iPhone 4S, and just loaded KA several times... between 20-28s load time. Think someone else mentioned with the same phone, a minute and a half... that's quite a difference.

Post Count
    You must take into consideration what internet connection you have. There are alot of data that goes from server to client during startup. I run KA on an iPad 3rd gen and it takes 12-15sec to start when Im home on my 100Mbit connection. But if I start KA on the same device using 3G it takes almost 1 min.
    Victorious Warriors (merged with TheGoodLife 6 times 50 wins)
    Rank 33 in Battle for the Barrens