Match up algorithm has ranking removed...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match up algorithm has ranking removed...

Post Count

Thumbs up Match up algorithm has ranking removed...

Well done GREE! By removing ranking from the matchup algorithm, the matchups are so bad that it is beyond a joke. Another nail in the coffin...

Consistent Contributor KingDante!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    My faction
    -Members: 2

Opponent
    -Members: 46

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree. We are getting nailed big time. We are currently in top 100. Not sure how, but we are and we are facing teams that are 10x stronger than us all around. Its completely screwed up. So many top teams have split up into these little mini teams, and are just screwing the game up. Its like man up, get on a full team, and face the game the way it is meant to be played. Running and hiding in a new mini faction every war is smart, but it is also very PU$$Y!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDante! View Post
    My faction
    -Members: 2

Opponent
    -Members: 46
    Great example!!! Keep 'em coming folks... What is your best matchup?

Post Count
    We're getting a mix, some really close matches that end up with 200 points between the two, some really easy and some that are just stupid...

Our first match was against a team that was 600 places below us last war, luckily for them it was when the whole thing messed up so that we couldn't fight
    Back again, but now i'm not playing as much

Post Count
    @Kill Joy - You can't stop teams using this tactic but having ranking removed from the algorithm, it means that it is solely based on faction strength albeit with a very high variance to ensure a timely match up. It is this high variance that is causing the mismatches and has removed the fun from this particular event. Having the odd mismatch as in previous WD events, I could handle but in this particular event, it is far too many. We either face teams we can't fight or we face teams who can't fight us... BORING!!! Another part of the game that they have broken...
    Last edited by Dutchie; 11-16-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Great example!!! Keep 'em coming folks... What is your best matchup?
    Well I don't have the luxury to be a part of these wars at the moment due to Gree messing up the android transfer for my account...But saw in GroupMe that our team had a match up from a team where nobody had a target.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Im in a very high faction higher than top 10. We have been against a 4.8. And 9 man faction all low level people what a joke

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    @Kill Joy - You can't stop teams using this tactic but having ranking removed from the algorithm, it means that it is solely based on faction strength albeit with a very high variance to ensure a timely match up. It is this high variance that is causing the mismatches and has removed the fun from this particular event. Having the odd mismatch as in previous WD events, I could handle but in this particular event, it is far too many. We either face teams we can't fight or we face teams who can't fight us... BORING!!! Another part of the game that they have broken...
    Hi Dutchie

I don't mind the odd super match up back in the old days, when all you went for was WD points. Getting hammered back then was just a lesson in humility.
    But now it can totally be a pain if you are on a streak and only need one more win and then you face a much stronger team. That's where it hurts...!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumiala View Post
    Hi Dutchie

I don't mind the odd super match up back in the old days, when all you went for was WD points. Getting hammered back then was just a lesson in humility.
    But now it can totally be a pain if you are on a streak and only need one more win and then you face a much stronger team. That's where it hurts...!
    I would like to know why they kill every fun-aspect in this game. used to be such fun.....
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumiala View Post
    Hi DutchieI don't mind the odd super match up back in the old days, when all you went for was WD points. Getting hammered back then was just a lesson in humility.But now it can totally be a pain if you are on a streak and only need one more win and then you face a much stronger team. That's where it hurts...!
    Streaks are now only for the super strong teams. Don't think we will even make 50 wins this time round... which will be a first! I can see another boatload of players leaving after this event... I'm teetering!

Post Count
    Well done GREE! By removing ranking from the matchup algorithm, the matchups are so bad that it is beyond a joke. Another nail in the coffin...
    I'm not sure they could fit anymore nails if they tried, at this point I think the coffin is made of nails.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Why bother.

Do away with the faction prizes at war time. It's completely messing the game up. If this carries I'm gonna have to quit. I don't blame anyone for manipulating the system and what an easy system to manipulate. It is when I see a good hard working faction getting stung by an obvious weakness and a refusal by the developers to come up with a fix. I was going to buy a vault of gold but I have changed my mind.

Post Count
    there's no way i would spend gold for the wd. just too many variables. just wait till they turn up the lopsided losses. that should make everyone forget about the poor matchups.

Banned
    Post Count
    we are either getting faction that score 5k points or ones that get 40k over us, none of them in between very poor matching