O.k...who's idea was this ! Developers ?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O.k...who's idea was this ! Developers ?

Post Count

O.k...who's idea was this ! Developers ?

Now i have some time to reflect on the last war !
    i was taken up the Garden path by what seems to be a Massive Error in the way we look at opponents in war ..especially their stats.....not just myself but others have noticed
    Hit an opponent and Lose...check their stats ....yep mine is correct 6455760 against 123494, easy win !...WRONG...it appears that Gree has not allowed for enough digits to accomadate for Tens of Millions in stats hence you think wait i should have won that so you hit them again ....another loss !
    try 1234948 ...no wonder i was loosing so many times.
    Gree you need to re-assess this issue to make it fairer for all and not have unwanted extra hits
    If we can see all the digits we would be more wiser in hitiing someone with 2 or 3 times our stats
    unfair for us low stat guys and beauty for the high stat players win win !

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Y2k

Gree style.

Post Count
    Ratma, thanks for starting a thread devoted to this. I have never mistaken a 10m player for a 1m one (yet) but I know a lot have and it's just not cool of the game to do that to them. The problem popped up months ago and it's way past time they fixed it. If nothing else, they should just make the font smaller.

All your manor are belong to us.

Post Count
    Rati, I brought this up in this forum a month or two ago, just so no one would go off the deep end when they noticed this. I think at the time I had just hit 10m, sent a note to gree who stated it required an update at some stage.
    I am sure the same issue will worsen when someone hits 100m

Mickaleus

Consistent Contributor Jerusalem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thank you for this thread.
    Dragon Warriors | Fun in Black
    [

Post Count
    Happend us a couple of time last war as well. Loosing against a 1.2M player when it in fact was 12M. I also tried to hit more just to end up loosing again.
    Victorious Warriors (merged with TheGoodLife 6 times 50 wins)
    Rank 33 in Battle for the Barrens

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I couldn't agree more.. It is very frustrating. Maybe a smaller font or a comma?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Gree, meet your friend: the comma

Submitted a ticket for this last week. No response. No change.

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    Was bitten by this problem with unexpected losses also. Another hidden feature of the game, I guess. Hello? Gree? There is an easy fix to this available. They call it smaller fonts and/or commas.
    American Veterans
    VET

83rd in The Cave
    85th in The Encampment
    78th in The Hollow
    56th in Undergrowth Temple Conquest (24-hour war)

U.S. Air Force-Retired

Invite Code: 805-196-353

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It's called, bad game design .

It's not that easy to solve it as you need to:
    - Or enlarge every field (including windows) where such numbers can appear. This implicitly has a possible big effect on how your game looks
    - Adjust fonts automatically based on the characters but that will look very strange and unprofessional.

To be short... it's just very bad game design, but explainable as GREE just reuses bluntly the same game architecture for all their games till now.

A fix should have been pushed fast imho, but yeah... it's gree... we know them by know...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Agree this needs to be adjusted!!!
    But in the meantime.... Check the units if u loose the attack. The second loss is easily avoidable.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    the font resizing already takes place in the game; back when i first started thinking honor points were soon to be useless i stopped using them & then worried that after 100K the number wouldnt fit in the box. yet when i went over 100K the font got smaller & it fit - just apply that to all other fields

Banned
    Post Count
    HAHAHAHAHA, only in KA would there be a thread where people are complaining about font size. Seriously, the worst loss ever recorded has to be < 3mil...if you are "5mil" less, keep losing and keep attacking, you are as special as the Gree developers.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    This happened t me too, needs tobe fixed by Gree asap, what a shame.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    We are sorry for your incovinience and we are looking into the matter. Noting will be done about this, thanks for your patience and we will be sure to screw you againg in the future. Regards"... Gree