Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: Guild rollback

Quote Originally Posted by infliction View Post
    Because you gambled and you lost. You tried to cheat and get away with it, but got caught. If the only punishment is to be reset back to your original state, then everybody should cheat and try and get away with it. After all, the worst that can happen is that you're reset back to your original state.

I know that you're saying it was 1 rogue guy on your guild, but everyone is going to say that (or it was 2 or 3 bad apples). It may or may not be true, but who's going to prove it? If all they do is reset your guild back to its original state and leave the individual unpunished, then that's just a complete joke. Next time around, people are going to create garbage accounts on old crap phones and glitch like a boss. Then if they get caught, no big deal. Guild loses nothing and even the garbage account loses nothing (actually it gains, because it will have probably used some of the gold and benefitted from free fusions, before it was taken away).

And for the truly honest guild that got unlucky with a bad apple (not even sure if there are any in this case), then it's an unfortunate casualty in this mess. The best thing you can do as a GM is to watch what your guild mates are doing and communicate with them. When something suspicious happens, report it and move on. Waiting until GREE intervenes against cheaters is just asking for trouble.
    The individual is already banned.
    IGN: No Name/Instagram
    LINE: Hengjinxd
    Recruitment: Open, message me on LINE [OPEN]
    GUILD: Paladins Of War (POW) #21 [ANDRIOD]
    POSITION: High Commander
    LEVEL: 145
    ARMORS: Aegis of the Sky Majesty..Beastmaster Battlegear..Blazeborne Vanguard..2xMaelstorm Irons..Tectonic Mantle..2xMoontide Platemail
    Interested parties, please fill up this form: http://goo.gl/rBpeUD

~War does not show who's right, it only show who's left

You can make garbage accounts on garbage phones and cheat like a boss. Ban the garbage? Oh well, garbage account is banned. There's no perfect solution, but at least GREE made a mild statement that cheating will not be tolerated. I wish they would have gone further, but I guess it's better than nothing.
    let me ask. How many phones u have?
    ARMORS: Aegis of the Sky Majesty..Beastmaster Battlegear..Blazeborne Vanguard..2xMaelstorm Irons..Tectonic Mantle..2xMoontide Platemail

Quote Originally Posted by BobSaget1 View Post
    Last post responding to you. Read the first part of my sentence. Also I'm pretty sure everyone doesn't just have a bunch of old phones at home with data service
    Don't need data, just need Wi-Fi to play games on old phones.

Quote Originally Posted by BobSaget1 View Post
    Last post responding to you. Read the first part of my sentence. Also I'm pretty sure everyone doesn't just have a bunch of old phones at home with data service
    I addressed your solution in its entirety. And I bet you everyone has an old phone sitting at home capable of wifi. If not multiple old phones or spouse phones or ... the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Instagram View Post
    let me ask. How many phones u have?
    1 active phone. 1 spouse phone. 2 android tablets. 2 old wifi capable phones.

6 devices I can use.

1 active phone. 1 spouse phone. 2 android tablets. 2 old wifi capable phones.

6 devices I can use.
    And with 6 phones. Your point?

with 6 he has got 5 accounts to feed there gold to his guild so they do not need a gold hack and still get the benefits of large bonuses. if everyone had 5 feeder accounts in your guild max bonuses would be reached easy. so he's saying don't buy chests buy old phones and set up accounts to feed your guild problem solved.

I guess the message here from GREE to the GMs out there is "harbor glitchers in your guild and you too will be punished." I can't comment if this is fair or not, but I do wonder if incidents like these will make the GMs become more proactive about booting suspected cheaters.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by x123 View Post
    with 6 he has got 5 accounts to feed there gold to his guild so they do not need a gold hack and still get the benefits of large bonuses. if everyone had 5 feeder accounts in your guild max bonuses would be reached easy. so he's saying don't buy chests buy old phones and set up accounts to feed your guild problem solved.
    You're missing the point. Guilds affected by the rollbacks think that the punishment is too harsh and that it is a case of 'a few bad apples ruining the bunch.' While this can be true, if Gree were to only rollback to preglitch states, it sets a precedent situation of 'minimal risk, high reward.' Basically, if you cheat, you could benefit greatly, and if you're caught, you won't really be that affected by the punishment. This creates an environment where potential cheating can be considered worth the risk, which is not what Gree wants either.

Infliction merely listed a few scenarios that would come up if such an environment were created, and they were nitpicked about the plausibility of someone having multiple phones laying around.

Affected guilds have some choices to make now. Complaining is a good way to blow off steam, but I don't think Gree will reverse their decision now, as it would only encourage future attempts at cheating. They could quit, which is a fair option if you feel you were treated unfairly, but in reality, Gree does not even need a reason to roll back (it's in the ToS). They can also move on and learn from their experience. If there are sister/brother guilds, they can help with restructuring and/or rotating unaffected members to help the rebuilding of what was lost. And if you have people willing to stick around after such a setback, you know you have some good players within your ranks.
    WBB-XNC-HBC

Quote Originally Posted by Instagram View Post
    And with 6 phones. Your point?
    I didn't have a direct point. I was simply asked a question and answered it.

Although, you could probably infer that it would be easy to make an account on one of those phones, do a glitch cheat and walk away unharmed. With your suggested penalties, the guild has a very high reward and no risk cheating scenario.

Cool No right moves

Quote Originally Posted by tababoy View Post
    You're missing the point. Guilds affected by the rollbacks think that the punishment is too harsh and that it is a case of 'a few bad apples ruining the bunch.' While this can be true, if Gree were to only rollback to preglitch states, it sets a precedent situation of 'minimal risk, high reward.' Basically, if you cheat, you could benefit greatly, and if you're caught, you won't really be that affected by the punishment. This creates an environment where potential cheating can be considered worth the risk, which is not what Gree wants either.

Infliction merely listed a few scenarios that would come up if such an environment were created, and they were nitpicked about the plausibility of someone having multiple phones laying around.

Affected guilds have some choices to make now. Complaining is a good way to blow off steam, but I don't think Gree will reverse their decision now, as it would only encourage future attempts at cheating. They could quit, which is a fair option if you feel you were treated unfairly, but in reality, Gree does not even need a reason to roll back (it's in the ToS). They can also move on and learn from their experience. If there are sister/brother guilds, they can help with restructuring and/or rotating unaffected members to help the rebuilding of what was lost. And if you have people willing to stick around after such a setback, you know you have some good players within your ranks.
    There is no really fair way to go about things.

I think it should be considered on a case to case basis.

If the guild actually abuses the bug knowingly/intentionally. Then I think they should be actually banned as this is against the TOS of KnD.

It would also depend on the extent of the cheat, if the cheating is small 2/3 million might not make much of a difference. But if the cheating is done in the 100 of millions to billions. Then it will be obviously befair to reset the guild bonuses to 0%. Some of the big guilds like EP and KOR were obviously abusing the bug/glitch like mad. This guilds were able to obtain top 10 last war due to unfair advantage obtain to the cheating as such I dont see any reason why they shouldn't be reset to 0. This even bring their achievement of No#2 rank in Guild wars in question. Nonetheless that would be a different story.

EP was having like 9% elements and short of max probably because it would look too obvious. Such intentional cheating should be punished and probably banned due to intentional use of such glitch and bugs to obtain an unfair advantage. However, GREE would never ban them as this will affect their revenue doesnt make good business sense to do so.

Anyways @ Instagram, if you think its unfair. I think it would depend on the extent of the cheating that your guild has been doing. 5/10 or a few hundred million. Anyways. GREE has already decided and I don't think anything you say/do can change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by toogoodformyowngood View Post

If the guild actually abuses the bug knowingly/intentionally. Then I think they should be actually banned as this is against the TOS of KnD.

It would also depend on the extent of the cheat, if the cheating is small 2/3 million might not make much of a difference. But if the cheating is done in the 100 of millions to billions. Then it will be obviously befair to reset the guild bonuses to 0%. Some of the big guilds like EP and KOR were obviously abusing the bug/glitch like mad. This guilds were able to obtain top 10 last war due to unfair advantage obtain to the cheating as such I dont see any reason why they shouldn't be reset to 0. This even bring their achievement of No#2 rank in Guild wars in question. Nonetheless that would be a different story.

EP was having like 9% elements and short of max probably because it would look too obvious. Such intentional cheating should be punished and probably banned due to intentional use of such glitch and bugs to obtain an unfair advantage. However, GREE would never ban them as this will affect their revenue doesnt make good business sense to do so.

Anyways @ Instagram, if you think its unfair. I think it would depend on the extent of the cheating that your guild has been doing. 5/10 or a few hundred million. Anyways. GREE has already decided and I don't think anything you say/do can change their mind.
    I guess u do make a point. Highest ever guild bonus obtained were 26 levels.

Ok, using common sense to explain why most people think this is unfair, I shall explain henceforth. There is NO way for a guild to know if a member is glitching/cheating until it's too late and to state that it's up to a guild to be aware of what each member is doing is ridiculous when there is no check in place already. Is there an easy way to be "fair"? No, I don't think so. But going the complete opposite way of trying to be fair is what Gree did. If there was some way to know that someone is glitching and a guild decides to accept them, then by all means rollback the entire guild's progress.
    Last edited by TheGreatYumYum; 11-14-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maxed: Combustion, Moontide, Blazebourne, Maelstrom Irons, Beastmaster Battlegear, Aegis of Sky Majesty, Red Kal+, Armor of the Devoted

Quit Game

Quote Originally Posted by toogoodformyowngood View Post

You know good glitch wasn't discovered until after the war of the damned and also gold can really only affect elemental boost and guardians when my guild faced them they had only level 3 guardians idk for others but we faced them about 2 to 3 times and they only had level three

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatYumYum View Post
    Ok, using common sense to explain why most people think this is unfair, I shall explain henceforth. There is NO way for a guild to know if a member is glitching/cheating until it's too late and to state that it's up to a guild to be aware of what each member is doing is ridiculous when there is no check in place already. Is there an easy way to be "fair"? No, I don't think so. But going the complete opposite way of trying to be fair is what Gree did. If there was some way to know that someone is glitching and a guild decides to accept them, then by all means rollback the entire guild's progress.
    Two points:
    1) It would be unfair in this particular case if the player was gold glitching, but never donating to the guild. I'm guessing most cases of rollbacks had people glitching gold and donating to get easy 150ep and the amounts got to the point of raising concern. GM would have had opportunity to report to cover there bases. The situation I feel bad for was the guild that confronted a suspected cheater, cheater left and they still got rolled back, probably because they didn't report.

2) Gree has to weigh 'fairness' vs discouraging future cheating. Too light a penalty and you end up encouraging future attempts at cheating.
    WBB-XNC-HBC