Increases in boss difficulty - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increases in boss difficulty

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rsd007 View Post
    Kill 75 unit is rubbish and the HP increase for this Boss makes it even more rubbish, Gree failed to make this event enjoyable and interesting at all.
    They are making epic boss HP higher and higher, even though everyone complained about last epic boss being very tough, they just don't listen, they increased it again.
    Of course they did. The last epic boss prize gave 3% more damage to epic bosses. They've just taken that away again behind the scenes. Plenty of people predicted as much.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    i ran across a level 200 whos name will not be mentioned but he has 32m attack and 20 defense? no problem for him to defeat boss and pretty much everyone else.....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think Gree has hired Ben Bernanke to determine the stats for all reward units.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    I think Gree has hired Ben Bernanke to determine the stats for all reward units.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by txstud903 View Post
    i ran across a level 200 whos name will not be mentioned but he has 32m attack and 20 defense? no problem for him to defeat boss and pretty much everyone else.....
    He can have 50 m attack and it won't be easy for him since boosts simply don't count. His raw damage will be 7-8m and this does not get him far w/o gems

Post Count
    What is the point of continuing to play a game where, if you work really hard and gain 11% stats, the game makes everything 13% more difficult. If they want to keep increasing the epic boss/raid boss stats in conjunction with ours, fine, but it should be a little LESS than what is realistically achievable. If most people's stats jump 11%, the boss should like 9%. People want to feel like the time and the money they put into the game allows them to get a little FURTHER every time, not strive and get LESS far.

ETA: D'oh! *Smacks self on head.* I keep forgetting. Gree does not care what regular players want out of the game. As that elucidating article that went on a while back explained very clearly, they are "chasing the whales" and making the game a satisfactory experience for the rest of us does not matter one iota to them, even something as simple as putting in the money and effort to get ahead ACTUALLY gets you ahead not continuing to fall further and further behind. Silly me.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 11-14-2013 at 08:58 PM.

All your manor are belong to us.

Post Count
    And this is why some have now turned to "FREE" players, the increase in Boss Health is now far to extreme unless you've got 20+Mill or even 30 Mill + stats as seen today (33MIL) , where as my poultry 6.5 is struggling to get to 12 where i used to get to at least 30 , so not only do i suffer but my guild also...gree has changed this to suit top players with big wallets..and heaven help you if you take a week or 2 off like i just did and all my team mates have put on an extra 700K + to my ZIP...dissapointing after spending all the money on this...see that how you beat the boss ! start going free then quit and free again

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    starting to take the pi@# too much now........gonna drive even more players away from this game

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    And this is why some have now turned to "FREE" players, the increase in Boss Health is now far to extreme unless you've got 20+Mill or even 30 Mill + stats as seen today (33MIL) , where as my poultry 6.5 is struggling to get to 12 where i used to get to at least 30 , so not only do i suffer but my guild also...gree has changed this to suit top players with big wallets..and heaven help you if you take a week or 2 off like i just did and all my team mates have put on an extra 700K + to my ZIP...dissapointing after spending all the money on this...see that how you beat the boss ! start going free then quit and free again
    Absolutely. My two accounts are level 136 and 168. The HLP stats are more than double the other, so why is it that I can beat boss 29 on my LLP with 6 hits and the other takes 12. Having tiers I can understand, but not with that kind of disparity.

They've also done nothing about long-held complaints that bosses are far too easy for low level players. I'm not moaning too much on that this time around, as the minis are great at helping us towards the daily gal.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    They've also done nothing about long-held complaints that bosses are far too easy for low level players. I'm not moaning too much on that this time around, as the minis are great at helping us towards the daily gal.
    This is another offshoot of the long-standing problem that you get penalized for playing the game. High level players score worse in wars, and are a greater liability if they are not strong enough. I've been playing this game for over a year and I'm ditching my HLP to pick up an account that is level 65 because my HLP is not strong enough at level 164, 3 mill def.

I foolishly played the quests when I first downloaded the game (which was back in the pre-LTQ days), so my bad there. Stupid me thinking I should play the game as the developers present it to you.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    What is the point of continuing to play a game where, if you work really hard and gain 11% stats, the game makes everything 13% more difficult. If they want to keep increasing the epic boss/raid boss stats in conjunction with ours, fine, but it should be a little LESS than what is realistically achievable. If most people's stats jump 11%, the boss should like 9%. People want to feel like the time and the money they put into the game allows them to get a little FURTHER every time, not strive and get LESS far.

ETA: D'oh! *Smacks self on head.* I keep forgetting. Gree does not care what regular players want out of the game. As that elucidating article that went on a while back explained very clearly, they are "chasing the whales" and making the game a satisfactory experience for the rest of us does not matter one iota to them, even something as simple as putting in the money and effort to get ahead ACTUALLY gets you ahead not continuing to fall further and further behind. Silly me.
    This is a very good point. Many folks are clearly quite competitive but it's deflating to know you simply can't win and you must accept a certain level of mediocrity.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post

Couldnt have said it better myself

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Absolutely. My two accounts are level 136 and 168. The HLP stats are more than double the other, so why is it that I can beat boss 29 on my LLP with 6 hits and the other takes 12.
    Are you going through the grind again with a LLP only to realise that when your LLP matures to a full fledged HLP, you are left facing the same situation all over again.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Are you going through the grind again with a LLP only to realise that when your LLP matures to a full fledged HLP, you are left facing the same situation all over again.
    and its fine if they build the game like that, but if you need to change character every few months to stay strong and able to do events, they should A. make an option to start again and B. make the game so that a few hundred dollars would make you a top dog already. since you can only play with it for a month or 2.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms