Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle DPA View Post
    "Rainbow Coalition will eventually fill Top 25. "

I just noticed that. I like how u switched the 10 with a 25. That was pretty cute, lol. Also, which games r u speaking of(im guessing KA and MW) cause 2 of them got shutdown.
    Again, you're missing the point. I'm starting to think you're much closer to Mark than people let on: same avatar, same love for ponies then, same "missing the point" thing, and a distaste of unicorns.

These games are a dime a dozen, with very minimal cost to upkeep. Every time someone says "I'm leaving the game after this next war if things don't change" I just laugh on the inside. I know some people (Eun) hates the word Mobage... but look at games like Rage of Bahamut. People, just like all the people on the forums here, kept saying "omg, you are doing this again? This game sucks. Omg, rate it down in the app store. This game is dying... " Sound familiar?

Guess what, I can log in to the game right now, and it still loads up. After a year of people saying that, and me hardly playing the game... its still alive. Crazy right? That is how this game will be, just like all the other games.

Next war is all in for many... again, go all in for one, then quit? Man, going out with a bang, or going broke doing it right? Have fun with that pony, we'll miss you.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Do you need to prove it again?

Prove what exactly?

You're planning on leaving K&D for BD & DR? Out of the frying pan into the fire, eh?

Typically, games like these are known to have a shelf life of 3-5 years. K&D has been around for about 1 year on IOS and a bit less on Android. Its based on a model that is not sustainable where the gamemakers have to continuously release new content that creates stats inflation in order to continue the nickle and diming cash flow from their user base. At some point the "balance" in the game gets so out of whack and the game loses its integrity. The revenue drops to a point where it doesnt make sense to support the game, starting the downward spiral that leads to the game's shut down.

Well, on to the next game at that point. I know GREE wishes that this next game will be one of their own. The real loser in here are the team of game developers who pay a chunk of fee to GREE for managing their game. They get sucked in and then spat out once the game has run its course. Not to mention, 30% of what you pay in gems goes straight to Itunes...
    Last edited by cafedecoy; 11-17-2013 at 12:56 PM.

I find it funny how much more "competative" the iOS users are than Android. Other than some spying to clean up the top 10 from cheaters, the top guilds on Android generally get along.
    IGN: Isuma
    Guild: Majestic Legion
    Alliance: 3D
    Line ID: nmk329
    Majestic for life!

Quote Originally Posted by nmk329 View Post
    I find it funny how much more "competative" the iOS users are than Android. Other than some spying to clean up the top 10 from cheaters, the top guilds on Android generally get along.
    We even are forgiving, although repeated offenses means no forgiveness. (OP)

Yea iOS fantastic war everywhere
    Android biggest proplem why the sentinel don't die after 5 hits

Quote Originally Posted by knightsanddraggings View Post
    We even are forgiving, although repeated offenses means no forgiveness. (OP)
    What guild are you from?
    IGN: Isuma
    Guild: Majestic Legion
    Alliance: 3D
    Line ID: nmk329
    Majestic for life!

RR gets along with everyone. We just want the namesake to band everyone together against the Evil Empire! Even sparkle & I are dear friends. If they fix armor drop we will see more skill in the leaderboards over straight gemming. & the Rainbow guilds will shine

Quote Originally Posted by nmk329 View Post
    What guild are you from?
    Team Unicorn, the father guild of Unicorn Stampede :-)

@Busterof yeah, the 40 people was sarcastic and I know that top guilds don't only have war epics. As to the "game dying" it's like you said people will create a game that looks 99% the same and brand it "New game". Of course the game might not actually "die", it is just the type of game that pushes away people who have finished the game. It's like an mmorpg, you have the people play "the game" and then there is stuff afterwards. As long as there is something worth the time you can keep people playing. It's like the golden key chest. You could make Starmetal from it!!! It's so great!!(sarcasm) you could do the epic boss and get golden keys to collect the fragments to get the best armor... Now it's useless, just like a ton of old boss armors. There is nothing appealing, for myself, besides chests and wars, and I know how much both of those cost.

Typically, games like these are known to have a shelf life of 3-5 years. K&D has been around for about 1 year on IOS and a bit less on Android. Its based on a model that is not sustainable where the gamemakers have to continuously release new content that creates stats inflation in order to continue the nickle and diming cash flow from their user base. At some point the "balance" in the game gets so out of whack and the game loses its integrity. The revenue drops to a point where it doesnt make sense to support the game, starting the downward spiral that leads to the game's shut down.

So what makes it any different from other internet based games like say, Everquest, Vanguard, DoAC, Star Wars, Rift, etc. Most of those types of games run well for a couple of years or so, then players start to get bored, subscriptions close, less updates put out, and so on. Sure, some go on to do ok in Pay to Play (aka Free to Play, but pay to do anything but the most basic - hmmm, that sounds familiar) and sometimes you win the jackpot ala WoW. They continue on, but at a fraction of their starting population.

Players come & go, the coalition will always be here.

definitely an intriguing read. i can definitely understand where you're coming from eunuchorn
    Crime City: 746 965 434
    Syndicate: 138

Knights and Dragons Guild: Retired
    Recruitment only.

For applications to the Rainbow Coalition pm ilvtfu on line.

**We Support the 11+ Movement**