Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

The Rainbow Coalition: Preconceptions & Misconceptions

I had this conversation with someone on Line messenger, & I find the information presented disturbing.
    For any players out there that feel we are "ruining the game", I say it is not our fault that Gree makes the #1 reward to distinct, but we are attempting to spread the wealth & rotate free players to high spenders from the other rainbow guilds (of which we now have 6 functioning smoothly & 4 building).

(Reads Left to Right, top row 1st)

I invite all players, free & rich alike, to find us on Line & judge us for yourself. All that is required is joining our family of guilds for guaranteed top 10 & chance at being in RR.

I honestly wouldn't mind joining.

But sadly I'm on Android, and so........yeah.

You messed up a bit botching out his name :-)

Lol, whatever happened to friendly competition? Where's the love?

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    Lol, whatever happened to friendly competition? Where's the love?
    People wasting far too much money trying to "take us down" when we could all be working together.
    Hate > ego > love
    😢😂😭

Quote Originally Posted by iH8t2lose2 View Post
    You messed up a bit botching out his name :-)
    Long story short, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    People wasting far too much money trying to "take us down" when we could all be working together.
    Hate > ego > love
    So what you're saying is, the sooner you join us the sooner your wallet won't be hurting as badly the next time you get that epic?

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

lol and I thought recruitment threads went somewhere else . Hard to argue with success...
    and maybe you meant
    Hate<ego<love?

Better watch out tho. The Phoenix Knights alliance is rising and has 4 guilds. We're comming for you guys! Mwhahahahahahaha. j/k
    Last edited by Zyntree; 11-12-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Where is the fun? Just a procession then

If we all joined the rainbow - it become an organised procession. Day 1 John gets an epic, day 2 Paul get an epic etc.

Sometimes the journey is the key - the sense that I had to struggle to get something - beat a stronger guy, run faster, organise 39 others to compete against another big guild. That is also part of the fun.

It is probably cheaper in the long run but nowhere near half as fun.

I've been in all the guild wars and gotten all the epics (not the chest - no mael or sky) and I remember good fights against strong guilds like RP or Cent. The epic itself is just the affirmation at the end.

It helps also because the rainbow comes across as arrogant or obsessive. Everyone loves a target but I don't think 160 people across the rainbow guilds could be all bad.

The drive of competition can only go so far when it's us vs them (players vs company). Friendly competition offers the best reward. The best part about not having a guild chase us for 1st: In guild competition for most points / win per battle etc. RR has maxed all bonuses & we are dropping all our money & alt money into the new guilds. Everyone wants different tiers of war based on how many gems your willing to Buy In with, but that won't solve the problem of guilds with 10-20 spenders & 10-20 nonspenders. Rainbow is trying to solve that. We have a chain to either move up or down based on personal gem count. Always somewhere to go & all the guilds progressing towards top 10.

RR has maxed all bonuses
    maxed out all bonuses....? There's an end to bonuses purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    maxed out all bonuses....? There's an end to bonuses purchase?
    Yes, 10% is the max, unless Gree changes things once enough guilds reach that point.
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

Not like it really matters anymore. The game is reaching the end of its lifetime(for those that dont know, you will notice it soon), but we can have one last hoorah next war. Anyone up for a 50m+ point battle? We can switch over to BD or DR afterward mr. eunu, lol.

(btw, that guy u are talking to is a moron. He has 0% game knowledge when it comes to KD and i'm not trolling this time when i say that.)
    Last edited by Sparkle_DPA; 11-12-2013 at 11:40 PM.

The drive of competition can only go so far when it's us vs them (players vs company). Friendly competition offers the best reward. The best part about not having a guild chase us for 1st: In guild competition for most points / win per battle etc. RR has maxed all bonuses & we are dropping all our money & alt money into the new guilds. Everyone wants different tiers of war based on how many gems your willing to Buy In with, but that won't solve the problem of guilds with 10-20 spenders & 10-20 nonspenders. Rainbow is trying to solve that. We have a chain to either move up or down based on personal gem count. Always somewhere to go & all the guilds progressing towards top 10.
    So essentially what you're advocating for is a class based, tiered, dictatorship, where eunuchorn and the 'hierarchy' deem who does and does not get the prize each week. Where revolution (competing with this dictatorship) is deemed in support of or in favour of the infidels (GREE).

Countries go into revolt and people lay down their lives in an effort to retain the right to choose their own future rather than having their lives dictated by an individual of power. So I can see why people would be happy to spend more in a game to compete rather than letting one person control the game and decide every outcome within it.

I'm not on iOS so it does not affect me and I'm sure everyone in RR are just dandy people but I can definitely see why people would rather group up and stand up to a dictatorship even if this gets them labeled "mercenaries" as opposed to allowing a game community structure akin to something out of the movies Equilibrium or Gattaca.
    IGN:Leale
    LINE:lealekd
    GUILD:Plus Ones
    POSITION:Guild Master
    LEVEL:138
    ARMOUR:
    Maelstrom Irons: MAXED | Maelstrom Irons: MAXED | Tectonic Mantle: MAXED | Aegis of the Dragon: MAXED | Guardian's Battlegear +: MAXED | Blazeborne Vanguard: MAXED | Maelstrom Irons: MAXED

Quote Originally Posted by leale View Post
    So essentially what you're advocating for is a class based, tiered, dictatorship, where eunuchorn and the 'hierarchy' deem who does and does not get the prize each week. Where revolution (competing with this dictatorship) is deemed in support of or in favour of the infidels (GREE).

Countries go into revolt and people lay down their lives in an effort to retain the right to choose their own future rather than having their lives dictated by an individual of power. So I can see why people would be happy to spend more in a game to compete rather than letting one person control the game and decide every outcome within it.

I'm not on iOS so it does not affect me and I'm sure everyone in RR are just dandy people but I can definitely see why people would rather group up and stand up to a dictatorship even if this gets them labeled "mercenaries" as opposed to allowing a game community structure akin to something out of the movies Equilibrium or Gattaca.
    So, you'd rather stand up to the "dictatorship" that is the Rainbow Coalition, just to forge your own future where you'd (if you were on iOS) continually spend way more than necessary to get 2nd or 3rd? We're trying to "take over" as to alleviate the need to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars trying to unsuccessfully take us down, only to get the 2nd or 3rd best prize. Soon enough, people won't even get that. Yeah, that makes sense. Keep fighting the good fight. We're all wanting to spend less, and controlling the top tiers of prizes will only make everyone spend less in the long run.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    So, you'd rather stand up to the "dictatorship" that is the Rainbow Coalition, just to forge your own future where you'd (if you were on iOS) continually spend way more than necessary to get 2nd or 3rd? We're trying to "take over" as to alleviate the need to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars trying to unsuccessfully take us down, only to get the 2nd or 3rd best prize. Soon enough, people won't even get that. Yeah, that makes sense. Keep fighting the good fight. We're all wanting to spend less, and controlling the top tiers of prizes will only make everyone spend less in the long run.
    Still he makes a point though. It is a form of dictatorship. While you maybe be trying to justify it with solid logic, it is at its core a generally bad idea. I enjoy the chase. The upcoming war should be fun. Sometimes its about the thrill of the hunt and some good friendly competition.