WTF GREE!?!?! Changing rewards after they are given!?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF GREE!?!?! Changing rewards after they are given!?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

WTF GREE!?!?! Changing rewards after they are given!?

You change the bonus given on units that people have already been rewarded!? Air defense is much better for most than infantry defense... and a 3% attack increase is way better with current stats than a 3% defense increase. What in the world are you guys thinking? Many people have spent a ton of cash on these rewards only to have them changed. This is unethical at best.

Banned
    Post Count
    lol you're late

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    When did that happen!? *** Never mind got my answer!! ***
    Last edited by SOF; 11-12-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    To me this is the equivalent of dropping a unit's stats by 30k after rewarding you the unit behind your back. I just don't get what goes on in the decision makers of this company's heads.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If this is the case, then that is called switch-n-bait: illegal.
    Guess it would be ok if no real money was involved, but if people paid for a product (albeit pixels) then one cannot simply chance it, unless both parties agree.
    Guess no-one was asked...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumiala View Post
    If this is the case, then that is called switch-n-bait: illegal.
    Guess it would be ok if no real money was involved, but if people paid for a product (albeit pixels) then one cannot simply chance it, unless both parties agree.
    Guess no-one was asked...
    My thoughts exactly

Post Count
    To be fair they just switched the rewards unit types between the 2 units.

So now you have 20% infantry and 15-21% Air Vs. before you had 20% air and 15-21% infantry. The change occured on day 2 so most likely no one had spent money on day 1.

If they had offered a prize for 100 Bosses and increased the bosses then that might have been a bait and switch but in the end it means almost nothing different.
    VFF Legends

Wasn't intentional. One of the units wasn't giving a bonus properly when the event launched, and in the process of fixing that someone accidentally switched the bonus types. At this point we're inclined to leave it as is, since historically when we change something again after it has been out a couple of days, we get backlash from people who have gotten used to it.

An F-15 giving an infantry boost is kind of weird thematically, I'll admit. Did someone give it a rifle? Is it trundling around on the ground with a giant bayonet attached to the front? We'll never know.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Wasn't intentional. One of the units wasn't giving a bonus properly when the event launched, and in the process of fixing that someone accidentally switched the bonus types. At this point we're inclined to leave it as is, since historically when we change something again after it has been out a couple of days, we get backlash from people who have gotten used to it.

An F-15 giving an infantry boost is kind of weird thematically, I'll admit. Did someone give it a rifle? Is it trundling around on the ground with a giant bayonet attached to the front? We'll never know.

F-15 could be the name of a soldier

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss! View Post
    F-15 could be the name of a soldier
    wearing a plane suit

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I was sure that there's an attack bonus in the prizes, but as you wrote it seems that its a simple switch
    I'll bow my head and make small critical noise, but... only small critical noises
    dpghost

smart beats gold

Banned
    Post Count

I dont see issue of a plane giving a infantry boost. Some other units also boost other segments.
    In theory, a fighter plane can boost infantry by being called in for reinforcement by infantry... Fighter planes can sweep off targets before the infantry takes over.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

CJ, first off thank you for responding... I'd be fine with this if the boost was of the same caliber. Switching an attack boost with a defense boost is not equal with the way stats are right now. Also an air boost is much more valuable than an infantry boost. Anyone who has been playing the game for any period of time knows that. This should go back to how it was originally advertised. It's dishonest to not do so. By the way, this didn't fix anything. Android still isn't stacking the boosts.

Banned
    Post Count

when u rectify u give both boosts to the unit. durrr. ur boys messed up. apologise with actions. words dont mean much from u guys anymore. wheres our more communication?? (im glad u at least respond to some threads that suit u). u release new events with no details. then when we do well u change the rules like these boss events and wins no longer stacking. some ethics wuldnt hurt u guys. i promise, having a soul feels so good :P

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    which units and bonus are you talking about, havnt noticed a change yet, would be good to get the unit name and what event it belonged to, I take screen shots every few days as you never know what gree will do to mess up the game,