How to deal with Splinter Guilds aim 50 n streak thread - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to deal with Splinter Guilds aim 50 n streak thread

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    QUOTE FROM GREE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Conquest of Kings event is a PVP event specifically between the guilds in game. Guilds must "declare war" in order to participate in the event. Any member can do this. Once war is declared, your guild will be matched up with other guilds of SIMILAR ATTACK STRENGTH, fighting to win Conquest Points.

Maybe gree should change they statement about similar attack strength.
    why? im certain that if you add up all the stats of your guild and compare them with your opponent the numbers wont be too far apart.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I'm not going to speak anymore on this subject but to say that in games as well as life times change and seasons change. You must adapt at some point. Sure you can choose to sleep outside in nothing but your swim trunks in a northern winter the same way that you did in the summer but you'd be a fool if you didn't expect to be frostbitten.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Splinter guilds are not as tough to beat as some make it out to be. There are some that are very tough to take down, Band of Smart Alex and Angry Red Heads for example. My guild beat Smurfette with good coordination and active players. We only have a couple medium gemmers and most are free players. Get coordinated and you can start taking these guys down.

CP does not come into play in matching until after about 5 mins without a matchup. At that point the gree algorithm widens the scope of guilds you can match with and starts to use other criteria to pick a opponent. Small guilds match quickly as there are hundreds of low stat teams out there.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs Pizza View Post
    Splinter guilds are not as tough to beat as some make it out to be. There are some that are very tough to take down, Band of Smart Alex and Angry Red Heads for example. My guild beat Smurfette with good coordination and active players. We only have a couple medium gemmers and most are free players. Get coordinated and you can start taking these guys down.

CP does not come into play in matching until after about 5 mins without a matchup. At that point the gree algorithm widens the scope of guilds you can match with and starts to use other criteria to pick a opponent. Small guilds match quickly as there are hundreds of low stat teams out there.
    Really? A good splinter guild is incredibly hard to defeat. You may have been lucky as perhaps knigthmare guild was at the beginning of a streak and didn't even try...
    The Dark Knights...
    4th streak units in a row...

Do you fancy a change ?

Post Count
    How to deal with splinter guilds?

Be a better splinter guild.
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Banned
    Post Count
    The thing is the guilds complaining about splinter guilds, can become splinter guilds themselves... This will lower their total guild strength and move them out of the matching system with the current stronger splinter guilds they are facing... That is what Top guilds have been doing by creating them, and becoming more of clans than guilds now. So why don't the lower guilds do the same? This WILL fix their problem.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Gotti View Post
    Rastlin, you should check my inventory before you get to cocky. I got three prizes for 50 wins and that should be a proof for something but as I'm not interested in spend enough my knowledge is less it seems. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. :-)
    Then you get the whole point of Splinter guilds then. The only point is to spend less money to win the Win 50, and Streak prizes. Thus why CP is low, because they want to spend less. Top players are making splinter guilds when they decide to go "free", and make their stats work for them.

Splinter Guilds will go away once GREE realizes they are losing money. However that also means the win/streak prizes will go away too. And everything will go back to the way it was. This actually will hurt the lower guilds in the long run. The reason they have weak stats right now is from being low ranked in the previous old style wars. Currently they now have a chance at prizes by win/streak that they never had before... They really need to think about this before they keep complaining... Do they really want to go back to the only option of prizes they are going to win is some 2k stat unit for Top750?

Consistent Contributor travelingsalesman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Then you get the whole point of Splinter guilds then. The only point is to spend less money to win the Win 50, and Streak prizes. Thus why CP is low, because they want to spend less. Top players are making splinter guilds when they decide to go "free", and make their stats work for them.

Splinter Guilds will go away once GREE realizes they are losing money. However that also means the win/streak prizes will go away too. And everything will go back to the way it was. This actually will hurt the lower guilds in the long run. The reason they have weak stats right now is from being low ranked in the previous old style wars. Currently they now have a chance at prizes by win/streak that they never had before... They really need to think about this before they keep complaining... Do they really want to go back to the only option of prizes they are going to win is some 2k stat unit for Top750?
    Good post.

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

We were close to top 150, we didn't even win 3 in a row ever. We hit a constant stream of splinter guilds, which basically meant we rested for an hour. We scored like fiends when we got a legit guild. Both the reward system and the matching system mean splinter guilds are a preferred way for the top players to go, but it's screwing the rest of us, plain. And simple. We have to over gem on battles we can score on because we can't score n half of the guilds we get matched against. I don't know about other guilds but from what I hear in mine, we are not playing into this anymore and would rather be a free top 400 than a broke 200 team.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    why? im certain that if you add up all the stats of your guild and compare them with your opponent the numbers wont be too far apart.
    That is not exactly true. We were paired against FUN when we are only a top 150 team.
    Our stats are definitely nowhere near FUN.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacekizz View Post
    That is not exactly true. We were paired against FUN when we are only a top 150 team.
    their matching algorithm doesn't perfect this....so you should expect some anomalous matchups.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yeah but I think GREE wrote a special line of code into the matching algorithm that basically says IF=FUN,MATCH=anyonefree

Paint the World Black With Us.
    Dragon Realms 840-064-428

Kingdom Age Ally Code- 734-077-018

Dragon Realms Ally Code- 911-214-292
    Dragon Realms Guild Code - 840-064-428

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Bad post!
    You been in a splinter group?
    Free???
    Win prizes and top 100 isn't free with 20 people so you shouldn't speak about stuff if you don't know!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How can you say splinter guilds aren't legit??? Do you say the same about FUN Or RK if you match them? Better stats and more gems doesn't mean there not legit!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    We were close to top 150, we didn't even win 3 in a row ever. We hit a constant stream of splinter guilds, which basically meant we rested for an hour. We scored like fiends when we got a legit guild. Both the reward system and the matching system mean splinter guilds are a preferred way for the top players to go, but it's screwing the rest of us, plain. And simple. We have to over gem on battles we can score on because we can't score n half of the guilds we get matched against. I don't know about other guilds but from what I hear in mine, we are not playing into this anymore and would rather be a free top 400 than a broke 200 team.

Did you match up with FUN during wee hours in the US?If so its possible since few declare during that time..