How to deal with Splinter Guilds aim 50 n streak thread - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to deal with Splinter Guilds aim 50 n streak thread

Post Count
    i was part of a splinter guild previous war, and we fought anything from top 100 to top 1200 and below. So i do think CP has 0 influence, but because we were low in members and relatively low in stats we didnt fight top 50 and above.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Im post this based on my experince with two splinter n they doing exactly as i stated above.
    Are u running splinter in top 25-100 rank Mr. Blade ? If u succes on streak u must really awesome.
    The 1st guild, which was a splinter guild, who completed the 56 win streak this time around (56-0) finished Top 100 I think, certainly way over 1mil CP.

+1million CP is, in my definition, not keeping CP low.

Paint the World Black With Us.
    Dragon Realms 840-064-428

Kingdom Age Ally Code- 734-077-018

Dragon Realms Ally Code- 911-214-292
    Dragon Realms Guild Code - 840-064-428

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Yes, it was a remark to Gree, I think everybody is equally important, gem spender or not.
    Last edited by Peter Gotti; 11-12-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    You can say that I'm wrong how many times you want. I have been in a splinter guild three times so I think I now what I'm talking about. What you are saying is that a low stat team with many members and one very high stat member who decides to use a lot of gems will still be matched against top 500 teams even if they are top 25. I wonder who is wrong here.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Clearly im not talking about last result of splinter. I know that guild, n in order to do streak they also do above strategy.

As i said earlier :
    But mostly good splinter will do that especially in day 1 n 2, (corrected avoid scoring if the streak not yet done)
    They WILL SCORE BIG IF:
    1. they have several streak win on stake or
    2. they had done or failed on streak attempt n catching for certain rank.

No more from me. Let the readers decide itself.
    any guild can prove they crushed by splinter in day 1 or 2 by score maybe at 50k-<5k ?
    Any guild can prove they lose to 5-10k vs 1-3k cp in day 1 or 2 ?
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-12-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Gotti View Post
    You can say that I'm wrong how many times you want. I have been in a splinter guild three times so I think I now what I'm talking about. What you are saying is that a low stat team with many members and one very high stat member who decides to use a lot of gems will still be matched against top 500 teams even if they are top 25. I wonder who is wrong here.
    i'll try to prove my point next war, if possible

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Banned
    Post Count
    l3lade & Person, just leave them to themselves... They have splinter guilds all figured out, and know it all. Why they are getting their butt's still kicked beats me....I mean look they have a plan and everything.... Anyways l3lade & Person congrats on your 50 wins! Great job, and I am proud of you!

Funny how those of us that play in Top ranked guilds are always wrong...but still some how win...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Rastlin, you should check my inventory before you get to cocky. I got three prizes for 50 wins and that should be a proof for something but as I'm not interested in spend enough my knowledge is less it seems. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. :-)

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Splinter guilds will do whatever it takes to maintain their streak. Sometimes more than necessary, lol.

We came up against La Seule Guilde Qui Compte, and a couple of our members decided to prod them so ran up about 40k CP. Really amused us when they suddenly shot past to over 100k
    Yup, we'd do whatever is Neccesary to win. We figured out early on that cp was irrelevant this war when we're paired with people that have three times our score. Not complaining about it though, it actually makes things a lot simpler.

Consistent Contributor Jerusalem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chups Crow View Post
    Only a splinter guild can beat a splinter guild.
    This is typically true, but a splinter guild can lose to a traditional one if it lets its guard down. This is the latter's only hope.
    Dragon Warriors | Fun in Black
    [

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Good luck with that... CP score has nothing to do with match ups...every god splinter guild knows this. This has been tested by many top guilds.. Guild match ups are based on total guild strength (this is the reason for the splinter guilds, is to lower guild strength and only that), and then some randomness thrown in by GREE. CP, and scoring higher means nothing, the only reason splinter guilds don't want to score high is because it is cheap! Why gem if you don't have to? You want to F-up splinter guilds get stronger, gem, or join one. They are NOT going away, and are the future of guilds.
    Spot on, Rastlin.
    [

Post Count
    Splinter guilds are a brilliant idea

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Splinter guilds will do whatever it takes to maintain their streak. Sometimes more than necessary, lol.

We came up against La Seule Guilde Qui Compte, and a couple of our members decided to prod them so ran up about 40k CP. Really amused us when they suddenly shot past to over 100k
    You strike at the heart of the truth, Sister Morphine.

Btw, La Seule Guilde Qui Compte = Band of Smart Alex (BoSA), 3 time streak winner
    [

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Edited: This thread for guilds who running with a splinter guild, what can u do n what u cant do

Characteristic of splinter guild:
    - small in member
    - high stat
    - avoid scoring high (last thing they want)

What u can n cant do when u meet them (APPLICABLE ONLY max 54 hours after start)
    1. try DL with normal, if the stat gap is so high compared to ur highest do step 1a / 1b
    1.a if u need cp : dont bother scouting n do wall again, order to hit castle for all
    members or u give them points
    1.b if u dont need cp : screw their plan, keep att them n give them all the cp they
    didn't want
    2. Try DL if stat diff is minor, go scout find target. If u get one, gem it put some gap
    maybe at 20k cp

Keep in mind:
    Splinter will try to avoid scoring, so u must put some cp gap at very beginning. Put them in situation where splinter option is to catch up n lose low rank or let u guys win.

Note: why splinter want low rank badly is because chance to meet weak guild is HIGHER. if u cant win at least u putting them in higher rank and chances for splinter to meet higher top rank increase. These higher rank if they do the same, none splinter will get streak.
    Hope u all Get the points/message.
    Also At top 300-500 rank, if splinter win by 10k-20k cp can considered big n put some big jump in rank.

Hope it helps all for i see this has break the game, due to gree incapable to provide fair match-up base on guilds strengh avg.

Note: Guild strengh avg = (total attack + defense)/members in guilds

True splinter guilds won't be hurted by such a strategy, only guilds running this will.
    The most CP you will force them to score is around 10-15k CP per battle... Just nothing compared with what is needed to meet real sharks/whales. Well at the end I am sure that you will get tired before them...

Moreover you are missing the most important point : Gree has created the splinter guilds doing 2 things :
    - make the bracket of stats ever larger (over 30 million now) : certainly the most important criteria
    - introduce war guild quests with better rewards than most of the war rewards.

I am tired to read all these threads against splinter guilds and the supposedly fairness of pairings based on average stats !!!
    Once I need to say that it's all but not fair and will not happen.

Not fair because weakest players are here to be beaten by stronger ones. So why players would try/need/(be forced) to break themselves against untouchable players, when they can change their target and be untouchable ... it's the the law of the strongest, which is largely expected in a war game.

It will not happen, because all of this make players spend more gems ! I am reading on the forum that many people are going free. It makes me laugh when I see the scores of each war. And Gree doesn't care much that players are leaving, especially if they are free players.

However I agree with you that it becomes certainly a pain for some guilds to play war events. BUT don't make the splinter guilds, the scapegoat. Only Gree is responsible for this situation and especially, I repeat, for the out of control insane bracket of stats...

Good luck with your strategy ...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    QUOTE FROM GREE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Conquest of Kings event is a PVP event specifically between the guilds in game. Guilds must "declare war" in order to participate in the event. Any member can do this. Once war is declared, your guild will be matched up with other guilds of SIMILAR ATTACK STRENGTH, fighting to win Conquest Points.

Maybe gree should change they statement about similar attack strength.