Thread: Next war over Thanksgiving

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Gree plans to move it up a weekend, so prepare for battle next weekend
    I sure hope you are right

Post Count
    A Thanksgiving war will be great timing for me since I have no life. What else is there to do during Thanksgiving beside eating a turkey sandwich by yourself. For those with life, tough luck, sorry for you.

Post Count
    what i read here is mostly "us americans dont like it, change it!"

if its pushed back 1 week its a dutch family holiday, so that obviously cant happen to.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    Guys, this isn't that complicated, and there's no conspiracy here. Wars are held every 3 weeks. The scheduling is not a secret.

The dates for the next wars are:
    12/20-22
    1/10-13
    1/31-2/3
    2/21-24
    3/14-17
    4/4-7
    4/25-28
    Etc...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

No offense to any other country holidays but

This is a game created by a US company located on California. It is also probably the biggest non religious family holiday in the US. It is a very big deal.

Post Count
    yes, created by an american company. Called Funzio. Then bought by a Japanese company. Called Gree. so if they should keep any holidays, it should be Japanese holidays.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    As this is a "hobby" im supposed to practise in my free time, the best thing for me is to have wars in a holiday..

137-831-990

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Finsfan View Post
    Black Friday (day after thanksgiving) usually get a 40% off sale. Which means tons of $. Gree isn't stupid lol
    good point. looking to stack up for the rest of the year.
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    what i read here is mostly "us americans dont like it, change it!"

if its pushed back 1 week its a dutch family holiday, so that obviously cant happen to.
    Yeah, how many Americans play, versus Dutch players?

There's two weekends, more than any others, in America that are entirely centered on spending time with your family; Christmas and thanksgiving.

All you people acting like any American person complaining about this is selfish, are freaking moronic, and have no sense of perspective. You knew what this thread was about before you clicked it, if that's honestly how you feel, gtfo and stfu.

Who wouldn't be upset that something they enjoy, not to mention spend way too much money and time on, is being placed during a time when they KNOW that many of their players will be trying to spend quality time (which many do not get) with their loved ones, from near and far?

And no person, this is not aimed at you, or Meant against you personally.
    Last edited by Hersh; 11-11-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    IGN: Hersh
    KA Ally Code: 282318435
    DR Ally Code: 479827316
    Add me!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredcole View Post
    As this is a "hobby" im supposed to practise in my free time, the best thing for me is to have wars in a holiday..
    Lol, substitute 'addiction' for 'hobby' and this post would be more accurate.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
    And no person, this is not aimed at you, or Meant against you personally.
    Oh, it should be!! Those dutch are an ornery bunch. I have even heard they rip the wings off Butterflies just for fun!!! And Person, the orneriest of them all. I even heard he is the leader of the butterfly wing amputee-rs... Sad times these are...

Post Count
    I don't know what percent of KA players are American vs. not, but to give you all an idea how how "big" a holiday Thanksgiving is here, I used to be a retail store manager for a large clothing chain. And there were exactly THREE days a year the store closed. Christmas, Easter, and, you guessed it, Thanksgiving. Clearly, for a retail establishment to actually not open its doors the entire day, the day that marks the beginning of the part of the year that puts the store "in the black" again no less, means being with faimly that time is THAT important.

I was expected to be there bright and early on New Year's Day, miss hot dogs and fireworks the afternoon and evening of Independence Day, and no taking my Mom to brunch on Mother's Day, or Dad on his day. But THANKSGIVING, these slave drivers even had the respect for the importance of this time with one's family. It is a huge disappointment that Gree has decided to once again force us to choose game or family on the second most important family day of the year. They already stole half a dozen of the medium-sized family holidays of this year. But forcing us to either let our guild or our family down on Thanksgiving weekend is a new low.

As another indication of the importance of this family holiday to us, NO other time of year has anywhere close to as many plane reservations. To not spend quality time with family on thanksgiving is highly offensive. EVERYONE does. Even when I worked retail and had to work the night before and morning after Thanksgiving, I traveled to be with family. Every time. Even if it meant a non-traditional one in Vegas with my sister, "half-way" between L.A. and Dallas lol.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 11-11-2013 at 06:10 PM.

All your manor are belong to us.

Lurker
    Post Count
    The war is on American thanksgiving, Americans need to cool down and realise that there is a rest of the world. I dont think it would be fair to change it just for one nation

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    ok so while you guys ponder over the dates which will be changes probably tomorrow(hopefully to a later date), I have another question. What does the Top 500 unit mean by +4 Total Building Upgrades?
    Does it mean a max of 4 buildings can be upgraded at once, 4 more buildings can be upgraded at once on top of any other concurrent building upgrades, or one of my guild members thinks it means possible higher than lvl 10 buildings. What are youre thoughts?
    -Kenjo Megi
    -Scions of Abaddon-

Consistent Contributor Master Stormzs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
    Wow, really gree? Enjoy the loss in gem sales. Move it back a weekend, this is almost as bad a Christmas war.
    Totally agree, date needs to be changed!! But lets not give Gree any other ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Nacon10 View Post
    this has to be pushed back a weekend this is stupid. is gree against families and real life
    Lol, good one Nacon....so typically of Coroprate Gre...
    KA Reitred/Quit 4-Feb 2014
    MW Quit 18-Nov 2013
    CC 574-547-566