Next war over Thanksgiving - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next war over Thanksgiving

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Be happy if it is moved back they moved last one forward so now they can compensate and EVERYONE complains about wars being too close together and now that their is a relatively valid reason EVERYONE is complaining about the war getting moved. This is quite funny as everyone is acting like a complete hypocrite since a majority of the people here wanted more time between wars and now suddenly they want less and anyways this would get rid of 2 wars in one month for at least this month so be happy.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
    Yeah, how many Americans play, versus Dutch players?

There's two weekends, more than any others, in America that are entirely centered on spending time with your family; Christmas and thanksgiving.

All you people acting like any American person complaining about this is selfish, are freaking moronic, and have no sense of perspective. You knew what this thread was about before you clicked it, if that's honestly how you feel, gtfo and stfu.

Who wouldn't be upset that something they enjoy, not to mention spend way too much money and time on, is being placed during a time when they KNOW that many of their players will be trying to spend quality time (which many do not get) with their loved ones, from near and far?

And no person, this is not aimed at you, or Meant against you personally.
    i'm not taking it personal, but to think an international company should care about national holidays is the moronic thing here. And as for the dutch family holiday thing, that was an example with which i hoped to get the reaction you gave. Because what you are saying now is that Americans are more entitled to get dates changed than people from other countries. We are all equal here, so if Gree has any integrity left they will keep these dates. Otherwise they would make it appear the americans would be "more equal".

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    Aw heck. Juz stop arguing and pass the turkey, will ya?! LOL
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    maybe we should start by giving thanks to Gree
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Post Count
    Yesterday (11/11) was Armistice Day and nobody stopped fighting.
    Apparently a turkey is more important.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I can understand that it's hard to arrange weekends around everyone's holidays and beliefs. I think if people are saying they have to choose between spending time with family or playing a game then that is their personal choice. It's unfortunate that not everyone can be pleased with the weekends all the time. If I recall correctly conquest fell on both Mother's Day and Father's Day and I'm sure numerous other holidays... A choice to set the game down for a moment is all that's needed. As for a large portion of my concern is battling on Black Friday... How to shop and scout....

Consistent Contributor Namine33's Avatar
    Post Count
    Mother's Day, but few had complaints.
    Father's Day, but few had complaints.
    July 4th, but few had complaints.
    The list goes on.
    However, Thanksgiving and Christmas are two big holidays. Hell, I doubt all that many would complain about New Years.
    In fact, few would likely complain about Christmas (this year) since it falls on a Wednesday.

On a side note, try moving this to 6 week intervals.
    Namine -
    821-146-375
    Rogue: 190k attack at lvl 112 w/173allies
    (update) 2.8M/3.4M at lvl 143 w/500allies

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Guys, this isn't that complicated, and there's no conspiracy here. Wars are held every 3 weeks. The scheduling is not a secret.
    That won't stop people trying to change it or complaining tho....
    If u don't want to play or have other commitments then it's your choice to miss the war.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Here's my take. Hobby, addiction or whatever you call it, we play this game because we want to. Gree wants to make money, period. Let them schedule wars whenever they want, and we can "choose" to play or not. I personally will not be playing on Thanksgiving weekend, or maybe in a very diminished fashion. If my guild wants me to leave I will undertsand.

In the end if Gree does not move it, we shall see what it means for them financially. Stand up for yourselves, take a war off, focus on life, redesign your kingdom, connect with guild mates in a non-tap, tap, tap fashion. Better yet, let's not talk about not spending gems, just do it for once, and Gree will get the message. In the end, we are either keepers of our words or hypocrites. The Choice is Yours!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by taxman View Post
    This is a game created by a US company located on California. It is also probably the biggest non religious family holiday in the US. It is a very big deal.
    Nothing on a voluntary phone game is a "very big deal". Period.

Perspective seems to be in short supply in these games.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    as USUAL no response from the powers at be at Gree........when you have finished with the bucket of sand can I please rest my head in it?

Post Count
    in this case no response is a response. We dont care. For the first time the right response lol.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Donks View Post
    Yeah, the US have a holiday so the rest of the world should work around it!
    Other nations around the world have their unique and special holidays, true. Thanksgiving is very special in the US as it brings families together. You might want to show some respect for that.

Now, that being said, if Gree can handle the loss of US revenue and it's impact on their "bottom line," then Thanksgiving battles shouldn't bother them. I suspect the US revenue stream is substantial, which might upset Gree shareholders. But, Gree will do what they want and when the November revenue reports show a "dip" in profit margin and YtY growth, Gree might have their own case of sticker shock. Maybe, just maybe.
    American Veterans
    VET

83rd in The Cave
    85th in The Encampment
    78th in The Hollow
    56th in Undergrowth Temple Conquest (24-hour war)

U.S. Air Force-Retired

Invite Code: 805-196-353

Post Count
    If they didn't give a rat's ass about any other holiday weekend (Easter, Mother's Day, etc.) that war fell on, they won't about this one, either.

Step 1. Schedule war regardless of when people want it
    Step 2. ??
    Step 3. Huge profit

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalsfanatic View Post
    Other nations around the world have their unique and special holidays, true. Thanksgiving is very special in the US as it brings families together. You might want to show some respect for that.
    My guild is about half American and half western European, and the attitude among the group as a whole is that we will all pass on wars that take place on major family holidays in the US and Europe. So, yeah, "hear hear" to the idea of respecting major holidays. It's an overstatement to say that respecting major holidays on an international scale would result in never having a war. There are only 2-3 per year in most regions.

We're not going to stamp our feet or complain to Gree. The schedule is their decision, and it's this customer's decision to say, "No, thanks." Not spending money is the only communication commerce understands. If enough money votes no, a company will make a different decision in future. If enough ppl don't care about the timing and there is no dip in revenue, no change. Oh well.