How do the same 3 people keep attacking me? Help please.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do the same 3 people keep attacking me? Help please.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

How do the same 3 people keep attacking me? Help please.

I am level 27.
    Attack - 53,660
    Defense - 64,807

The same 3 accounts keep hitting me at least 5 times a day each.
    The only way I can think of that they could keep finding me is if I was in their 'news log', but
    I never attacked these players to begin with- and I have never fought back either, so that I would not appear in their log.

The other thing is that the accounts are much higher level, with higher attack/defense.
    The first account is level 43, 117,090/112,019
    Second account is level 43, 83,331/81,586
    Third account is level 42, 99,852/96,964
    All of their bases look about the same except for some placement of buildings. No expansions, just 5-6 low level money buildings.

I have a high IPH.. $675,241. But I never have cash on hand, it's always in the bank. So they've never gotten any cash from me. Sometimes I have buildings that have not been collected, but they never rob me.. only attack.

This has been ongoing for about 2 weeks. So I come here for help.. The game is designed in a way that you cannot search for players.. I have never provoked them, attacked them or messaged them so I cannot be in their news log for them to find me that way.. They don't get any money from attacking me.. and I'm nearly half of their level, and my attack/defense is half their size, so I don't think I would show up in their 'rivals list' on a daily basis. My rivals list only has people that are within a level or two of me. It seems very fishy.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Post Count
    Guessing if they are all well above you in level, then you most certainly did give them a link at some point.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Guessing if they are all well above you in level, then you most certainly did give them a link at some point.
    I'm almost 100% certain I never gave them a link because I rarely play offensively to begin with.. I haven't attacked another player in weeks.
    But let's say for argument's sake that I did... How could they still have my link for almost 2 weeks?
    All 3 accounts are very similar to each other. It's weird.

Post Count
    level 27 vs level 43 ... do you think the links would've survived that long? i know those are low levels and you can move up really quick but still, 2 weeks and OP is still on their news feed? tbh, there's a lot of crap that goes on the lower levels.. A LOT!

i played MW and was on lvl 50, saw a hell lot of crap .. cheaters .. gitchers .. waaaaay too many. stopped playing MW!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmymanfunfun View Post
    I'm almost 100% certain I never gave them a link because I rarely play offensively to begin with.. I haven't attacked another player in weeks.
    But let's say for argument's sake that I did... How could they still have my link for almost 2 weeks?
    All 3 accounts are very similar to each other. It's weird.
    Yeah, well, you probably gave them links weeks ago then, seeing as how they are well above you in level. They're not finding you via the Rival List. I don't think it's that strange to have a link for that long. It's been a while since I was ever that low level, but 2 weeks doesn't sound like an outrageously long time to have a link. Just wait it out, and grow some thicker skin.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    level 27 vs level 43 ... do you think the links would've survived that long? i know those are low levels and you can move up really quick but still, 2 weeks and OP is still on their news feed? tbh, there's a lot of crap that goes on the lower levels.. A LOT!

i played MW and was on lvl 50, saw a hell lot of crap .. cheaters .. gitchers .. waaaaay too many. stopped playing MW!
    You're assuming everything the OP says is true. Wouldn't surprise me one bit, and I'm sure it's 100 times more likely, that the OP hit back more recently than that and forgot about it, as opposed to these players being "hackers" or something. Plus, there was an LTQ recently (I mean, there pretty much always is), so it's not really that hard to gain the 19k XP required to go from L27 to L43. Typical LTQ has well over 100k XP. No idea how much XP those "baby LTQs" have, but I know they are available to low level (under L10) players.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thanks for your "help", BigMoney.
    I'm not exaggerating in my OP and my skin is plenty thick, thanks.
    It makes zero sense how these 3 players are continually hitting me... and furthermore, "why?" they would be hitting me over and over for no cash. and it's strange how their accounts are so similar.
    and I didn't attack any of them recently and forget.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I've had a guy on my news feed 20 levels higher than me, and my news feed will go for around a month normally, so it's believable
    Edit: I was around level 50 and he was around level 70
    Last edited by candyson; 11-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

Post Count
    It makes zero sense how these 3 players are continually hitting me... and furthermore, "why?" they would be hitting me over and over for no cash. and it's strange how their accounts are so similar.
    • If you're making a topic because of three people hitting you, then perhaps Crime City is not the right game for you.
    • It makes no sense they are hitting you over and over again, except for the fact you admitted to having a high IPH for your level. They are either trying to goad you into fighting back, or perhaps you whined on one of their walls about the attacks, or perhaps they just don't like you. There are plenty of other reasons to rob or attack someone other than to get money from someone. Edit: if you left them a green link, which you probably did, they need to attack you to visit your hood. This seems like the most likely scenario, since they probably remember your hood.
    • If you did attack one of them recently and forget, you certainly wouldn't have remembered that you forgot. Checkmate.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 11-10-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Interesting that the hoods are similar. Do you have pictures to post here? Edit to remove the names or just give links, as it's normally against forum rules to put other players names up here.

The last one like that was agent_smith in his various guises. No expansions, just a pizza parlour and a tree. It's probably not a hacker, but won't hurt to take a look before dismissing the possibility.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    [*]If you're making a topic because of three people hitting you, then perhaps Crime City is not the right game for you.
    [*]It makes no sense they are hitting you over and over again, except for the fact you admitted to having a high IPH for your level...
    Why are you knockin' on me? FYI, I've been playing Crime City for close 2 years on the same account..
    I'm not whining about being attacked.. but it's really frustrating to get attacked over and over on a daily basis, when they're way out of range and shouldn't be able to attack me in the first place. and it's not from just 1 account- it's 3 seperate accounts.
    And once again, I'm not complaining about the fact that they're attacking me.. I'm trying to understand (and complaining a little bit, I guess) about how they're able to keep finding me.

and I did not attack them. I didn't forget that I attacked them. and I didn't forget that I forgot that I attacked 'em.
    Last edited by Jimmymanfunfun; 11-10-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Interesting that the hoods are similar. Do you have pictures to post here? Edit to remove the names or just give links, as it's normally against forum rules to put other players names up here.

The last one like that was agent_smith in his various guises. No expansions, just a pizza parlour and a tree. It's probably not a hacker, but won't hurt to take a look before dismissing the possibility.
    Damn. I don't have a way to post screen shots at the moment, but check it out..
    2/3 bases have the same buildings, (but not placed in the same spot):
    2 laundromat, 1 pizza parlor, 1 deli, 2 t-shirt stands, 1 pawn shop, 2 trees and 1 bench.
    The 3rd base is the same except no t-shirt stands.

Are you thinking this could be the same player or something?

Post Count
    Maybe they were doing goals from the goals list (build a laundromat, deli etc.) and thats how they have the same buildings?
    Muj- L193 - IPH: 12.2M
    DiENoW - L95 - IPH: 5.1M
    --

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    i don't think it's possible for people 20 levels higher than you to do that,links don't survive that long. It takes a lot of time to level up too. Are you sure you didn't attack them?
    I also find it weird that all 3 accounts have a link to him
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Damn. I don't have a way to post screen shots at the moment, but check it out..
    2/3 bases have the same buildings, (but not placed in the same spot):
    2 laundromat, 1 pizza parlor, 1 deli, 2 t-shirt stands, 1 pawn shop, 2 trees and 1 bench.
    The 3rd base is the same except no t-shirt stands.

Are you thinking this could be the same player or something?
    The goals idea doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. Anyone on level 43 with just the buildings you list above would have to be pretty lame at this game. There's nothing definite but does seem like there's more than meets the eye.

Can you email the pix to me? I can put them up on here
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"