Ok, wtf, individual rewards...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, wtf, individual rewards...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Ok, wtf, individual rewards...

This is ******* stupid. I was just told tar gree had made a statement that you only get the prize for whichever tier you are in... While I understand not wanting to gice 1-10 players 1m added to base stats, not to mention all the bonuses, the rewards are f'd up then. So im in a tier right now to receive a 6% defense bonus. The two tiers behind me are 6% attack bonuses. So if I want an attack bonus, I should stop participating in the war?? It's either I'm punished for spending money and helping my guild, or in order to get the unit I want, I stop being a team player, and cease "running to the bathroom" every hour at work. Wtf gree. I'm pissed. You should have set the rewards up with each tier getting a slightly better boost, and not had the exponential change in stats between each one, so you could have it worked the same as guild rewards. Now it's stop playing to win, or keep playing, and lose. Stupid.

/rant off
    IGN: Hersh
    KA Ally Code: 282318435
    DR Ally Code: 479827316
    Add me!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Same predicament as me. Top 1400 gives +7% infantry attack boost. Top 3000 gives +6% infantry attack. I am somewhere in between but top 1400 is getting more distant from me. I do not want any rewards in between, so I might slow the pace and get top 3000 instead. And hey, less xp gain as well.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
    This is ******* stupid. I was just told tar gree had made a statement that you only get the prize for whichever tier you are in... While I understand not wanting to gice 1-10 players 1m added to base stats, not to mention all the bonuses, the rewards are f'd up then. So im in a tier right now to receive a 6% defense bonus. The two tiers behind me are 6% attack bonuses. So if I want an attack bonus, I should stop participating in the war?? It's either I'm punished for spending money and helping my guild, or in order to get the unit I want, I stop being a team player, and cease "running to the bathroom" every hour at work. Wtf gree. I'm pissed. You should have set the rewards up with each tier getting a slightly better boost, and not had the exponential change in stats between each one, so you could have it worked the same as guild rewards. Now it's stop playing to win, or keep playing, and lose. Stupid.

/rant off
    I don't understand. At least that way it has some resemblance of strategy. If you want to fall into a certain tier you have to use some strategy. I kind of like it. And btw defense boosts are much more valuable.

Post Count
    I look at it like this. The war is a TEAM event. The individual prizes are just gravy. I'm not going to base my effort, and I'm definitely not going to sandbag it, just to get a specific individual reward. Sure, I'd rather have an attack boost over a defense boost, but not at the expense of obtaining the guild objective. So if anything I might step on the gas and try to go up a tier or two, but I'm not going to stop hitting to go after a better individual prize that's a tier or two down.

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Post Count
    Strong defense is great . You won't be a punching bag in battle .
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    To each his own....I want more bite in my attack. Not going to get much defensive wins anyway since no one takes the bait even when I lower my ally count.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I kind of like the disconnect with A vs D on individual. Id prefer more D right now and am stuck in a spot where i either need to ramp up or stop - and that impacts my team effort. Kind of a cool diversion to the tap tap tap of this game. So yeah im saying i like the new issue tossed at me. and understand i might get something id rather not get unless i ditch the needs of the guild (which would only happen if i stepped back; of course my team wants me to blow my gems for "the cause")

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Defense has no use in raid boss event, attack helps all the time.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    And who cares if no one can atk you, when you can't atk back and not get CP's... I will take atk boosts, over def boosts everytime!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Doesn't matter how much Boost you get from the modifier. It doesn't count towards your attack in the raid boss anyways. Your attack is bonus free.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Very true Lucky Day..... Glad some people have the right information before posting.

Lurker
    Post Count

Bonus

I want an attack bonus as well. Specifically infantry...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by -H- View Post
    Very true Lucky Day..... Glad some people have the right information before posting.
    Firstly, I did not mention bonuses, secondly, the fact remains that defense affects what others do, something you can have little control over, attack enhances your actions. Anyway you slice it, attack is more useful than defense. Besides, you can always upgrade your defense buildings......

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yeah, but if you actually have good stats, you shouldn't e a punching bag...I think my win:loss ratio for war was somewhere around 15:1
    Add me!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    But I would like to be able to hit level 200s more often. Adding to that an extra 450 points for my guild, is more important to me than an extra 250-300 to an enemy guild. For those, and so many more reasons, attack bonus>defense

To the person that mentioned strategy...after a point, it has nothing to do with strategy...you go for wins, or you go for points, but at the end of the war, everyone is trying to get maximum points for placement. Unless your strategy is to spend less gems, and not help your guild out as much (in which case you don't deserve your guild), then what could placement have to do with strategy?

To the person that said something or other about hang to fight for higher placement, once your over top 2000, the difference between tiers has got to be a minimum of $50, and I'm definitely being generous there.
    Add me!