Congrats Gree!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Gree!

Post Count

Congrats Gree!

The only reason I play the game is because of the guild wars. It takes strategy and you compete along with your guildmates and there are a lot of communication.

Last war we got many bad matchups with not 1 single target. How fun is it just to wait an hour for next battle?

This war is even worse. 50% of our battles has been against guilds where everyone is way stronger than us. We have met several top 25 guilds. We are 23 players in our guild and most of us are between 500k and 1.5M in stats. We constantly end up with guilds with 3-5 million stat players and we cant do nothing.

When we actually get decent targets we have to spend a lot of gems to get some points. I know that is contraproductive, but what shall we do? We have been a top 200 guild for 5-6 wars and need points to be able to keep that up. If the rest of the war continues in the same way this will be the last war as gem spender for me.

As I said... Gree has succeeded in taking the fun out of the wars as well. Congratulations!
    Victorious Warriors (merged with TheGoodLife 6 times 50 wins)
    Rank 33 in Battle for the Barrens

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by England Jon View Post
    Could you let us know what happened in the other 50%. We are Top 150 at the moment and seeing some strong guilds in match up as I would expect. However we are matching against guilds weaker than ourselves. It is roughly 50/50 as I would expect. We battle constantly. If they are too strong we pass and wait for the next one. I dont know what you expect.
    I expect opponents with at least 1 or 2 targets to have a fair chance. It IS okay to face tough guilds, but not impossible guilds. This is the first time we have top 25 guilds and we have met several this war.

The other 50% that we actually can fight is a mixture. Most of them are twice as much members but at least there are targets. We have had 3-4 easy wins. We have already kind of given up and are right now playing for free.

Post Count
    well you beat us :P

Madness of Crows here

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post

Madness of Crows here
    And MOC2 kicked our butt back, so I guess we are even. : D

Post Count

Madness of Crows here
    Yes we did, and I still not know how we managed that

The last 5-6 wars actually have been more like it should be. We got 1 impossible and 4 doable. We have won 3 of them and got outspent on 1. I guess it depends on we fall like a rock in rank when the morale hit bottom.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And you've been ducking us! We want Mel!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You guys beat us too, scored a pile as I recall. The thing I continue to dislike with a passion is the incentive for mini guilds. These guilds are unbeatable and usually unscorable. The wins and win streak quests continue to be a scourge to the wars. Start matching guilds based on AVERAGE stats and you could fix this easily.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Average stats is dumb. You are then resigning all low members to get crap CP all war, and punishing people for being in small guilds that don't have huge guild bonus' unlocked.

More members = lower average stats....which means guilds in the Top 3 / Top 10 / Top 25 etc who have the most bonus' unlocked and the most members, start seeing more lower guilds.

Hugely flawed I'm afraid. There is no "perfect solution", any change GREE makes will just create new problems.

Edit : Example -

40 Member guild all with 5 mil stats
    20 Member guild (perhaps it's a new guild, group of players that just got together) with 5 mil stats

Should these 2 match? The 40 members guild clearly have a huge edge...
    Last edited by l3lade2; 11-11-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Paint the World Black With Us.
    Dragon Realms 840-064-428

Kingdom Age Ally Code- 734-077-018

Dragon Realms Ally Code- 911-214-292
    Dragon Realms Guild Code - 840-064-428

Post Count
    I strongly disagree Blade.

First of all, more members does not equal lower average stats. Only more low stat members would lower the average stats and on the contrary adding more high stat members would increase the average stats.

Guild wars are built upon pvp fights where the scores are aggregated into guild scores. A guild never meets a guild in a fight. Guild members meet guild members in fights and in order for the fights to be somewhat fair and allow both guilds' members to participate, the member stats should be decently matched.

Your example - should a 40 member guild with all 5M stats meet a 20 member guild with all 5M stats? Yes they should because now all members of both guilds would stand a chance in their individual battles. The 40 member guild has a better chance of winning the battle assuming they have active members. With all members equally active, the 40 member guild has an advantage of 2x.

The current match-up algorithm that would cause a 20 member guild with 5M stats to meet a 40 member guild with 2.5M stats is just ridiculous. The 40 member guild will simply not win any matches unless they only use mega attacks but that will be a great disadvantage for them. Since one mega uses all health that could have been used for four normal attacks, the 20 member guild will have an advantage of 4x.

Average member stats is a far better matching algorithm than the current one. It does have it's flaws but not as bad as the current one.
    Last edited by Octofinger; 11-12-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Post Count
    I'd rather meet a top 25 guild where I stand a chance to beat at least one of their members than to meet a top 400 guild where I can't win any battle even when using megas.

I'd rather win one or a few attacks but lose the battle than losing both all attacks and the battle...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Blade, the scenario you describe as bad is actually far better than what many of us see now. The 20 man guild may have a harder time winning, but it will be able to score. It would also pit a 1 man guild with a 12 mil average against FUN and the like. Bye bye mini guilds. THAT is the primary goal in my opinion. It's idiotic that 10 man guilds with no bonuses can complete all of the quests on guild war events, and in the process block many larger older established guilds with tons of bonuses.

Consistent Contributor Namine33's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nothing like getting SB when we were trying for our 9 streak... we were 8/9 and were set, and got SB who annihilated us badly. The problem was, by the time that war was over, there was only 8h40min left on the raid clock; no possibility of getting a 9-streak again....

We were no match for them; nor FUN; nor TRK;
    Namine -
    821-146-375
    Rogue: 190k attack at lvl 112 w/173allies
    (update) 2.8M/3.4M at lvl 143 w/500allies

Post Count
    still dont see what people have against splinters. its just a different tactic people are adapting, isnt it nice to have tactics instead of just a battle of the wallets?

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    still dont see what people have against splinters. its just a different tactic people are adapting, isnt it nice to have tactics instead of just a battle of the wallets?
    I agree its part of the game. You have to adjust to how the mechanism work. But you cant take away thats a big problem also. Two wars in a row we got the Band av Alexes just when we were about to reach a milestone. None in our guild can beat any of them. Thats not fair when you can do nothing. This war we luckily avoided Band of Alexes, but got some others with the two man guild with over 10M in stats as the worst.

Lets say the average attack in our guild is 1 million (not far from truth) and we are 20 players. Thats 20 million in attack in total. Gree thinks that hey we have another guild also with 20M total.. Lets match them.. 20x1 = 2x10. Do you think its fair?

Based from experience when finishing a last win for the streak,somehow you are paired with a stronger one and you get screw 😱 G math..😭