AP system what do you think should change

Do you think the defender should get a new form of DP defence points.
    Or change the current system.

In the current system the defender only gets the difference in points, if he destroys more of the attackers units than the attacker destroys, if not they get nothing.

Why is this, the defender not only loses more units in defensive battles due to the poor rebuild rate but also can get far less AP even if they do win and destroy more units that the attacker.

In my opinion it needs changing.
    Possibly a new DP system with its own reward system that AP have now
    DP would be the total unit kills the defender inflicts on attackers unlike the point difference we have now.

Or Gree could even the AP system out, and the attacker and defender get points equel to the unit value they destroyed without any modifier, not just the difference.

Defence is as important as attacking in normal wars so why is it rewarded so poorly.

Other ideas for closed worlds could be open up unused player bases to all players. Add new cores that are needed to allow the taking of them. Allow players home bases to move so alliances can group up.

I would also add if grouping up was allowed then some form of airspace is formed so adding new tactical types of warfare, attacks inside the airspace could only be done with flying units ground units can only attack bases on the edge of the airspace, or add new units to allow the carrying of ground attack units on air attacks, adding to this if a base is in capture this moves the airspace perimeter to allow new bases to be attacked by ground units. Enamy bases cannot be built inside controlled airspace.

If cc level was used to form air space its effect could be seen by all alliance members

Simple only allow ap points from an attack not a cap.make it so if you try and caps base that base is the reward not points! Also if a base teleports in then attacks and teleports away make the battle report show the current location not the old location. This would cut some of the crap that drives people out of worlds.

It wouldn't be bad if you got ap like normal, and dp would be half of the unit value you killed while defending.
    Then cut those numbers in half, and that would be your BP
    Ex: Attack someone and destroy 200,000 uv, that would count as 200k ap
    Defend and kill 100,000 uv. You would get 50,000 dp
    Then add up the 50k and the 200k, and that's your BP
    It wouldn't matter if you killed more units than your enemy, either way you get more dp/BP
    This could make for different events, gaining BP, gaining dp, and gaining ap

dont have a problem with the current system. Defenders have advantage of numbers.

Cooldown on teleport a good idea.

deserted player bases are a problem and perhaps should turn into NPCs after a certain amount of time without activity (perhaps level NPC = player level). It would spread the action and liven things up.

I'd like to see some original thinking around events. BP wars are exciting, build events and LTQs are not. Maybe a 'capture the flag' event with flags placed in NPCs with players/battling over these. E.g flags placed in random NPC locations, active for twelve hours, with players needing to cap and 'hold' an npc for 3 hrs; the higher the NPC level the greater the flag value.
    Last edited by doomnosee; 11-09-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Crime City: iseenodoom, Doom's mob (owner), syndicate #225 995 144
    116th Midtown, 78th Market Plaza

Modern War: Doomnosee, East Coast Elite (officer), faction #444 903 980
    103rd Brazil*, 103rd Greenland, 54th Egypt, 53rd China

Kingdom Age: Krabat, Order of Dragon Knights (officer), guild #592 797 474
    12th Dragon's Roost

All good ideas
    Empty bases is a common defence strategy because you get little or no ap for defending, if that changed you may see an increase of players defending bases for the reward ap.
    its to expensive in units to defend every outpost I could lose half my units and get no ap but if that changed then I have no problem with defending if GoldenOnyx system was in place thanks for that suggestion by the way.

I also like the idea of the flag events

I also think any new ap system could shake things up, as it comes down to unit kills. if defenders unit kills added to their ap then the attacker may be giving away more ap than they get so adding more strategy to events as just random attacking may increase your score, but you may also give much more ap away to who you attacked, as changes to the ap system should be easy to do lets hope gree experiment with it maybe implement it for an event just to see what would happen

Add to that the defender gets bonus ap for breaking caps in his bases and reduced ap for the capping player they just get ap from the first hit not the follow up capping battles, all these changes are just in how ap works That must be easy to change for gree.

Make capping be the reward not ap like maestro suggested it makes sense to me if I cap its for a reason not the ap. If it is for ap then your just spoiling someone's game to make ap. The game needs less of this thats why worlds die.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 11-10-2013 at 01:32 AM.

The AP system

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting death View Post
    Do you think the defender should get a new form of DP defence points.
    Or change the current system.

In the current system the defender only gets the difference in points, if he destroys more of the attackers units than the attacker destroys, if not they get nothing.

Why is this, the defender not only loses more units in defensive battles due to the poor rebuild rate but also can get far less AP even if they do win and destroy more units that the attacker.

In my opinion it needs changing.
    Possibly a new DP system with its own reward system that AP have now
    DP would be the total unit kills the defender inflicts on attackers unlike the point difference we have now.

Or Gree could even the AP system out, and the attacker and defender get points equel to the unit value they destroyed without any modifier, not just the difference.

Defence is as important as attacking in normal wars so why is it rewarded so poorly.

Other ideas for closed worlds could be open up unused player bases to all players. Add new cores that are needed to allow the taking of them. Allow players home bases to move so alliances can group up.

I would also add if grouping up was allowed then some form of airspace is formed so adding new tactical types of warfare, attacks inside the airspace could only be done with flying units ground units can only attack bases on the edge of the airspace, or add new units to allow the carrying of ground attack units on air attacks, adding to this if a base is in capture this moves the airspace perimeter to allow new bases to be attacked by ground units. Enamy bases cannot be built inside controlled airspace.

If cc level was used to form air space its effect could be seen by all alliance members
    There is a reason it is set up the way it is. The goal is to encourage players to attack each other, and not sit in a stacked base and wait for the opponent to attack. Moreover, attacking is an active act; you have to be logged on and send your units on their way to attack, whereas defending is passive. You can be on vacation doing nothing and your base is being defended. GREE wants players actively participating. A good way to do that is to reward players for attacking, not defending.

In addition, as someone else posted, as a defender you have the advantage of numbers.

Secondly, people complaining about poor results from defending are not defending their bases properly. Short of a major mismatch between the attacking and defending commander, or some guy TP'ing in to send a bunch of waves after destroying the DG, it is usually possible to set up your defense to minimize the losses and give the defender a 4:1 or better unit loss ratio; often it results in a no-report for the attacker.

Couldn't we simply just adjust the system so you have 2 point catagories? Simply have Attack Points(AP) and Defense Points(DP)? The current system is flawed to s certain extent. Right now anyone can attack an outpost of yours and gain AP from it. You may have been working on that army for a month trying to build up units in order to attack others. But due to the battle system, the person may come to your base and attack you and gain 4million AP and only lose 1million UV. While that 4million UV you lost took you a long time to build and some guy with a high level cmdr just wipes out everything easy. You have nothing to show for it... not even the current BP because you didnt succesfully fight him off. Wouldn't it be fair to see on a players profile that they have both AP and DP? Sure a player can have 100million AP but this doesnt show how much UV he may have lost during defensive battles from the God like players out there. One person may have 100 mil AP and a lifetime UV loss of 100mil... but there could be a player with 20mil AP and have a lifetime unit loss of 200mil UV. The system doesnt show things accurately. It only shows those that find the lucky hits... A system showing both AP and DP would be great. This could also help find people that are farming alt accounts...
    my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by bostoncard View Post
    There is a reason it is set up the way it is. The goal is to encourage players to attack each other, and not sit in a stacked base and wait for the opponent to attack. Moreover, attacking is an active act; you have to be logged on and send your units on their way to attack, whereas defending is passive. You can be on vacation doing nothing and your base is being defended. GREE wants players actively participating. A good way to do that is to reward players for attacking, not defending.

In addition, as someone else posted, as a defender you have the advantage of numbers.

Secondly, people complaining about poor results from defending are not defending their bases properly. Short of a major mismatch between the attacking and defending commander, or some guy TP'ing in to send a bunch of waves after destroying the DG, it is usually possible to set up your defense to minimize the losses and give the defender a 4:1 or better unit loss ratio; often it results in a no-report for the attacker.
    You are most properly right on the reason gree has only AP points, but that is not helping the longevity of the game it is harming it. a player is only active when he can be, and every players different and have different tactics.

I will bust the mith that numbers are an advantage, they are not unless you have a commander with a large leadership score. I pray to find them, as a player with a stacked outpost are rich pickings as the shear number of units dilutes their commanders effects to the point it has little or no effect so I can make double or more unit damage to my lose rate and with my 40% rebuild its actualy more like 4:1 odds in my favour. Hence the system is broken take last weeks player ap event. I hit a player that had been capping my outposts I found the base he stashed his units in he had approximately 15 million unit value in it I hit him around 8 times with level 50 commanders over about 3 hrs he had a level 47 commander defending I was making 2:1 odds easy and made around 22 million ap off him the final few hits were very big as he had a lot of bombers and transports when I got to them I made 9 million for around 200k unit losses.

So large numbers are the worst defence possible, it insures large loses for you with 0 ap.

This is why players leave. I made 22 million ap and he lost 15 million unit value in 3-4 hours its a massive loss to happen when you are asleep. and they got 0 ap if they had earned DP they would have got around 7 million from me. My actual losses were around 4 million unit value with rebuilds good for me bad for them.

If as suggested in another post the DP system was fine tuned he may have made a lot more DP as he won the first 6-7 battle be it at double the unit value losses I had. To better reflect his 22 million unit value losses with rebuilds they had in total.

It will take a week or more for him to rebuild from that.

So my suggestion stands let gree try DP in a contest to see what effect it has. A 2 day event as an experiment is no problem for me let gree decide how it will work. So its your combined DP and AP score for the contest this time.

Also introduce DP type player challenges like we have for AP now so even if the player losses badly they get rewards for DP which help offset the losses They had. That way they can build more units. my suggestion is factory speed ups that have a timed effect like fuel oil and iron do as rewards so it makes rebuilding faster this would lead to more active players and fewer players leaving.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 11-11-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Gonna be honest here people. Bp doesn't mean anything it never did and I doubt it ever will. It's just a counter for how many rare resources you've harvested that and how many units you've killed. If you got bonuses for having high bp it might but realistically speaking having 1k bp or 1M makes no difference. Your number of bases/factories are what determine strength and your fuel production...

Cybernetics - 1.9B bp
    Allied Forces
    World 14

Quote Originally Posted by Cybernetics View Post
    Gonna be honest here people. Bp doesn't mean anything it never did and I doubt it ever will. It's just a counter for how many rare resources you've harvested that and how many units you've killed. If you got bonuses for having high bp it might but realistically speaking having 1k bp or 1M makes no difference. Your number of bases/factories are what determine strength and your fuel production...

Cybernetics - 1.9B bp
    Allied Forces
    World 14
    I agree that AP is unimportant in every respect but gree contests then is is very important as if the only way to win top commanders. And that's where the problem is.
    Remove all the contests based on ap re level unit buffs that have been given to top alliances and players allow players to fight with tactics and skill from then on this will not happen but if they want to stop the rot then something needs to change.