Hybrid View

New damage calculations?

Since the update I've noticed something.

Previously when I fought gorgon on epic in maxed beast master with my main I did 4292 damage and received 3 damage from an attack. Since the update I do 5011 and she hits me for 4.
    I checked other usual hunting areas and am consistently receiving 1 additional damage and dealing an average of 100 extra damage. New rounders maybe? My guild has bought no new boosts and I have been level 100 the entire time.

Normally this wouldn't be that bug a deal, or worth mentioning, except that it may be affecting epic boss damage calculators. Worth looking into.

Just to ride on this thread (instead of creating a new one), how exactly does the damage calculation work? Till date I am still unclear of the combat resolution system.

Known:
    1. A"critical" or a "special" does 50% more damage than usual.
    2. A hit against the weaker element does 50% more damage than usual.

Unknown:
    1. How is the damage calculated? It is based on the Attack and Defence but what is the formula?
    2. How do you determine a miss?

Anyone can clear the air?
    Michael Chan
    DN StMichael, WBB-YWQ-BXZ
    Commander, Dark Nights
    http://www.senseimichael.com

TheoryCrafter began a thread on boss damage. Search for Epic Boss Damage an it should come up. It was a very large and popular thread, and it is the formula used in most simulators. As far as I remember it is:

164*(attack/boss def)*advantage*bonus.

There is a "magic number" that epic bosses have based on their pseudo level that will adjust their damage to you. But the formula is basically the same:

MN*(boss att/def).

I don't remember the exacts, but find and read the thread. I can't link it, on phone

That is for boss damage. It applies to all others, like Minions, too? It also appears, then, that misses are random? What percentage?
    Michael Chan
    DN StMichael, WBB-YWQ-BXZ
    Commander, Dark Nights
    http://www.senseimichael.com

Quote Originally Posted by EljayK View Post
    Since the update I've noticed something.

Previously when I fought gorgon on epic in maxed beast master with my main I did 4292 damage and received 3 damage from an attack. Since the update I do 5011 and she hits me for 4.
    I checked other usual hunting areas and am consistently receiving 1 additional damage and dealing an average of 100 extra damage. New rounders maybe? My guild has bought no new boosts and I have been level 100 the entire time.

Normally this wouldn't be that bug a deal, or worth mentioning, except that it may be affecting epic boss damage calculators. Worth looking into.
    I checked the damage calculation. The calculation by BethMo still holds correctly.
    I tested this using my spreadsheet. The calculation for the knights were correct. However, it seems the calculation for the friends knights are off. I'm not 100% sure why is this. I'll be doing more testing again later on.
    Oyster Sauce - Android - 100+
    BBQ Pork - 28
    • Are you an active daily player?
    • Are your level 50+?
    • Want to be part of fun active people?
    • Want to be part of a family?
    • We want you!

Join and be part of the team!

If your guild is currently inactive, msg me. We have spots for active people!

Need help on epic boss? Check out Epic Boss Simulation Spreadsheet V2

Friends don't have the stats they claim to have. I think they either don't get their leadership bonus or elemental bonus from their guild.

Also, I keep hearing that their stats are modified by your main knights stats. I think this goes away at 100, but maybe not.

I'd really like them to change it back so I see their stats as the game will use them.
    Android
    Rylar Pendragon
    Level 100+
    Guild leader of Pendragon. A top 100 guild
    Email RylarPendragon@gmail.com with applications.

If you are under level 100, the formulas will be off. Subtract 1% for each level under 100 will put you in the right ballpark, but I don't know the exact formula.

For players under level 100, friend stats are capped based on your main knight's stats. Again, I don't know the exact formula.

And here's a link to the original thread:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ic-Boss-damage!
    Last edited by BethMo; 11-09-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

Quote Originally Posted by BethMo View Post
    If you are under level 100, the formulas will be off. Subtract 1% for each level under 100 will put you in the right ballpark, but I don't know the exact formula.

For players under level 100, friend stats are capped based on your main knight's stats. Again, I don't know the exact formula.

And here's a link to the original thread:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ic-Boss-damage!
    I am level 100+... So there is no stat cap right?
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

As for your level affecting the stats of other knights, I remember at one point when I was around lvl 60 and fighting epic bosses that I leveled up and all my friends stats who were higher level soared and did not seem capped, but this is only circumstantial evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by elsamu View Post
    As for your level affecting the stats of other knights, I remember at one point when I was around lvl 60 and fighting epic bosses that I leveled up and all my friends stats who were higher level soared and did not seem capped, but this is only circumstantial evidence.
    I can vouch for some sort of 'cap' in the friends knights damage. My current lvl is 100+, so by default there shouldn't be any cap at all.

But when I use my friends knight, the damage calculation is lower than what it's calculated.
    Oyster Sauce - Android - 100+
    BBQ Pork - 28
    • Are you an active daily player?
    • Are your level 50+?
    • Want to be part of fun active people?
    • Want to be part of a family?
    • We want you!

Join and be part of the team!

If your guild is currently inactive, msg me. We have spots for active people!

Need help on epic boss? Check out Epic Boss Simulation Spreadsheet V2