Why build walls? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why build walls?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DFI View Post
    In this game, your best defense is the level of def your lowest player has. I think walls come more into play when you are talking about gold free factions.
    But walls give less points than the CC

Consistent Contributor KingDante!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramp78 View Post
    I've been wondering about this for months.

Remember a fundamental fact. The point of a War isn't to win all the battles. It is to have the highest points you can get.
    Stopped reading after that lol

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    But walls give less points than the CC
    Yes it does. And depending on whether you are playing a points game or trying not to score, walls matter. But this gets into a much deeper strategyg discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

Banned
    Post Count
    I don't know about you all but I'd like to have a golden wall.
    C'mon Gree give us at least 1 indestructible wall throughout the whole war.
    We get to choose when we want to use it.

Think about it, you would have 1 battle where you can totally screw your opponent by limiting their scoring. The wall doesn't come down and your opponent can't earn double the points.

But, there's a chance that you might be the unlucky faction battling more than one faction in a row who have a golden indestructible wall more often than you'd expect.
    Last edited by Sal T Iguana; 11-07-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    If your opponent is playing for the win streak then most likely they are trying to stay low in the rankings. Having no walls will force your opponent to score higher than they probably want to.

But now it's going to cost your team more gold to score more points because you basically gave the other team a massive head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramp78 View Post
    I've been wondering about this for months.

Remember a fundamental fact. The point of a War isn't to win all the battles. It is to have the highest points you can get.

When you build a wall you spend large amounts of money to slow down other factions scoring points. Eventually they will knock them down and score points anyway but it increases your chance of beating that guy. What it doesn't do is increase the number of points you score against that faction. Walls just decrease the number of points scored against you.

Assume you had no walls. The other factions you fight would probably score more points. You may lose a few more individual battles. heck, you may lose all of them. But the number of points your faction scored would not be changed at all. Furthermore, the money you saved could be used to buy bonuses for individual attack, defense, health recovery and guild increases that allow you to attack stronger players with more people and actually score more points.

What about the factions that beat you? So what? Last few wars my faction fought about 44 to 50 wars. There is a finite number of 60 minute battles you can have (along with time to regen) during the war period. But let's say you fight 50 people and each of them score more points than you in each of your fights. But you will score more points during each war you fight due to the issues above than you would have otherwise so overall you are better off. Net result is 50 factions move up a little but you move up a lot. If you aren't trying to be in the top 50, having a few other factions win isn't going to fundamentally change your place in the rankings.

Feel free to comment.

Banned
    PREVIOUSLY BANNED SO BE CAREFUL OF THIS ONE, SHE MUST BE DANGEROUS
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal T Iguana View Post
    If your opponent is playing for the win streak then most likely they are trying to stay low in the rankings. Having no walls will force your opponent to score higher than they probably want to.

But now it's going to cost your team more gold to score more points because you basically gave the other team a massive head start.
    So what's your point?

Let's just understand that factions have different strategies and walls may or may not be part of that. Both strategies are fine. If one suits you better then use that. Some use different strategies during the course of a war. They are all legitimate, one is not always better than the other, it depends on your position, power and objective.

Walls were increased for no purpose except to increase the potential hits for an opposition and the potential to make a few extra $, no other reason. They are all paper thin and can all come down in under 30 seconds.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    So what's your point?

Let's just understand that factions have different strategies and walls may or may not be part of that. Both strategies are fine. If one suits you better then use that. Some use different strategies during the course of a war. They are all legitimate, one is not always better than the other, it depends on your position, power and objective.

Walls were increased for no purpose except to increase the potential hits for an opposition and the potential to make a few extra $, no other reason. They are all paper thin and can all come down in under 30 seconds.
    No need for more info after this reply I think LOL

You just got to see it ,about the walls! a battle always last 60 minutes!
    Join The Dutch Fighters Invite Code: 291664130 Modern War

Feel free to Join the Dutch.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    One of the issues with this forum is that it is heavily loaded with faction members in the upper tiers....we fail to realize that most factions are not there. Most factions don't have more than a couple gold spenders or none at all. If you are simply going for placing, then walls serve little purpose except for that battle when you place within a few spots of a tier. If you are going for win streaks, then walls are vitally important. We had all level 15 walls last battle. We had a few battles that our wall didn't come down. That's the first time I've seen that since china.

Post Count
    for those of you no longer doing walls, consider a donation to a fledgling faction or two:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...s-SkaterMakeUp
    kthxbye

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I personally think that anyone who has a chance to fight us should not have walls. In addition, please add the word Hobbit after your name in the name change portion. This makes it much simpler for us. Thank you.

There are many ways to play the game, but if I am seeking advice, I am going to solicit the advice from highly successful players and factions. There is a reason that strong factions get stronger and weak ones just get weaker. If you remove any gold component, there is a huge difference in mindset and tactics.

How are you Thief? Have not talked to you in ages. Will probably see you next weekend though. LOL
    MW - THE PIRATES[TM]

Top 25 team - Think you have what it takes to be a pirate? PM me and let's talk

CoC - PUN PIRATES